[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

what artifact should she use?

tom50574tom50574
Vindictus Rep: 840
edited December 11, 2017 in Miri
what artifact should she use?

Comments

• MisterWhiskersMisterWhiskers
    Vindictus Rep: 2,615
    cat for more sp or paw for super sayian mode during trans
  • Yuria100Yuria100
    Vindictus Rep: 2,480
    edited December 13, 2017
    I say don't waste your time on cat statue her sp regen is really high so paw all the way.

actually, i take that back cat statue, i can see it working /^^'
  • CashewsCashews
    Vindictus Rep: 1,255
    Cat Statue has merit in giving you a constant supply of Blazing Spine. Each use of Cat Statue is 1 use of Blazing Spine, but that can go a long way in giving you more uptime for Fiery Chainswing. Paw doesn't seem like it would be as useful outside of Dragongarb, unless that tooltip about faster attack speed affecting Flamebreath recharge times actually means something.
  • tom50574tom50574
    Vindictus Rep: 840
    Thank you all for the help .. cat it is :D
  • Yuria100Yuria100
    edited December 14, 2017
    Well i say go for cat sttues since it cheaper to get, im going for paw mostly cus of animation speed. Fast attacks, also miri sp regen is already good by itself so i find having cat statues might not be as good as some people may think.

So overall what isee is the pro for each is:

Cat statue:
    1) Dragon Tranform Earlier.
    2) Blazing Spine per use.

Wolf Paw:
    1)Faster animation speed
    2) Extra attack speed

So looking at this most people probably will opt for cat statue since it benifit look way better then paw. But, I'm not 100% convince that how it look and how it is in practice will be the same. Thus I would like to experiment with each to confirm that cat statues is the superior artifact.
    Yuria100 wrote: »
    Well i say go for cat sttues since it cheaper to get, im going for paw mostly cus of animation speed. Fast attacks, also miri sp regen is already good by itself so i find having cat statues might not be as good as some people may think.

So overall what isee is the pro for each is:

Cat statue:
    1) Dragon Tranform Earlier.
    2) Blazing Spine per use.

Wolf Paw:
    1)Faster animation speed
    2) Extra attack speed

So looking at this most people probably will opt for cat statue since it benifit look way better then paw. But, I'm not 100% convince that how it look and how it is in practice will be the same. Thus I would like to experiment with each to confirm that cat statues is the superior artifact.

1 cat statue isnt 1 blazing spine use; you can awaken that skill and make it cost 180 sp instead of 250

also I don't think that miri can ever have "enough SP"
    her spammable skill keeps your flamebreath going and its got 0 cooldown; you can never have too much sp on miri
  • Yuria100Yuria100
    edited December 15, 2017

1 cat statue isnt 1 blazing spine use; you can awaken that skill and make it cost 180 sp instead of 250

also I don't think that miri can ever have "enough SP"
    her spammable skill keeps your flamebreath going and its got 0 cooldown; you can never have too much sp on miri
    [EDIT] Forgot to mention, I agree that Miri cannont have too much sp. Also notice you use "enough sp" and "too much sp", whn i wrote this i mostly looked at the latter when writing this response.

My arguement wasn't that, "she has too much sp thus, cat statue wont be as useful."

My accual arguement is that "she has really good sp regen thus, paw might be a better alternative."

I also said i want to check both out to confirm that cat statue, which is the one that look the best of the two, is infact the best out of the two.

Also the other reason I want to give paw a shot is that it give animation speed increase, which might give more of a dps increase over cat statue. This is all theory i want to address by experimenting with each artifact.

Animation Speed incease != Attack Speed Increase, paw increase attack speed and also increase animation speed.

Yes, i know, that attack speed does increase animation speed, but at a lesser extent. Paw, on the otherhand, increase animation directly and you can see it in action when used.
  • AtherionAtherion
    Vindictus Rep: 3,520
    edited December 21, 2017
    Depends on the length of the run and how you set up your awakenings. Using sp reduction on transformation and blazing spine and, a cat statue so my experiences might be slightly different than someone who has damage awakenings on their actives.

In shorter runs, I try to transform as quickly as possible in order to make the most of transformation. This is where a cat statue comes in handy as it gives you 250sp right off the bat making early run less of a chore. Assuming you camp with the party at start, you can essentially start the raid with 500sp allowing you to transform even earlier. However after transformation is over, I find myself essentially always with excess sp for the duration of transformation's cd. So as the run drags on, I find cat to be less and less useful.

So as a personal preference, shorter runs <6mins, I'd take the cat statue. Longer ones, paw is probably better.
    Yuria100
  • Yuria100Yuria100
    Here a neam run of me using Wolf Paw. I have my Blazing Spine with decrease sp cost, which helps a bit. Its a pretty long video but you can jsut watch a small portion of it for reference.

• GuySenseiGuySensei
    Vindictus Rep: 610
    any updates on this post?
  • AzelunaAzeluna
    Vindictus Rep: 535
    Cat gives you faster trans, but after that you end up with full sp even when spamming Blazing Spine (reduced cost).
    I'm using Paw and it's nice, but if you are patient enough go for 300 seals one. Those 10 seconds make HUGE difference.
    GuySensei
    I don't have artifact yet but I will definitely get cat statue.With 3700 AD blazing spine does ~40k damage on crit,exactly the same as one chainswing.Even if you'd spam just blazing spine all raid you'd still do damage since it hits so hard.
    GuySensei
  • SefSef
    Vindictus Rep: 1,310
    Cat statue is a waste.

You're supposed to be parrying after getting 3+ stacks of wyvern magic but I don't see anywhere near enough miris doing this. Most I see dodge attacks instead of parrying. They lose a lot of SP from not parrying.

Worst case scenario you'll transform about 30 seconds later than a Miri with cat statue if you have paw and you parry properly. You'll easily be able to catch up with and easily gain a massive lead with paw.
  • JeyemJeyem
    Vindictus Rep: 1,675
    paw all about dat deepzzz
  • YagaminYagamin
    Vindictus Rep: 3,580
    edited July 5, 2019
    EDIT: The analysis is outdated. The raids have since been nerfed and Miri was also nerfed (Chainswing now regens 15 SP instead of 25 SP. 4 Stamina/sec regen buff during Garb is removed.)
    Because of this, Cat is much better unless you plan to be in Trans (Dark Knight/Paladin) for the entire run.

=================================

I have both, and from testing them, if you really want to maximise your damage, you need both depending on the boss. It'll also depend on the length of the battle.

For Raids:
    > Paw is better in Regina. Using SP from parry and a couple of LR, get enough SP for Garb as you get to 8 bars. Lure Regina to the right side (3 o'clock position) before 8 bars since that's where the white grass always is. Garb and fight while keeping her on or very near the white grass. Use paw after she comes down from the KO grab. If I use Cat here, I only use it twice at the start and have too much SP later that I don't even use it.
    > Cat is better in Braha since I run out of SP near the end and lose dps from LR spam for SP. Even if I parry his nail slam, arm resting and stamina drain attacks.
    - Paw is better in Braha if I trans to get enough SP, using the starting ledges to trans cancel paw at the start, after trans ends, Garb with paw and kill before the bomb phase.
    > Paw is better in Glas. Use at start and use again right after you Garb to avoid gravity KO.
    > Paw is better in Lugh. Use at start, use again at 6-7 bars. Orb phase usually happens at 4 bars. After collecting 3 orbs, time Garb animation to end as he comes down and paw with the speed and 100% penetration buff. If you are not grabbed before orb phase, try get the shield or he will likely grab you during Garb which is annoying. If you fail to get exactly 3 orbs, you can Garb a little later to avoid the blast.
    > Paw is better in Eoch. Use at start, Garb right before Eoch lands from the roof and use in the latter half of Garb. Or do break off right as he lands, use your Flamebreaths then Garb.
    > Paw is better in Abom but needs to be carefully used to avoid Abom's full shield + E spam phase. Don't go for 10 bar bell, gain SP while shield is up, paw after someone rings once. Can go for 7 bar bell if you want, then if you go for the 5 bar you can skip Garb trans animation as you fall from letting go from the bell, paw here. Power through the 3 bar shield. Should have plenty of SP to spam for the last 2 bars.
    > Cat is better in Zecallion. You can get stuck under him as it starts, Garb early and skip your spin animations for even more damage, get unstuck after Garb ends before he changes his attack pattern at lower bars. If I have paw, I 'll run out of SP like in Braha since this battle takes a while and he dodges Blazing Spine a bit.
    > Paw is better for all [Special] battles since you can hit multiple bosses for lots of SP.
    - Shining Keaghan and Shrouded Truth, lure them to a corner, usually the top left corner.
    - Last Garden, lure them to the bottom left corner, Ingkells can go out of the map if you are near the gate so that place is not as good.
    - Desert Contract, lure them to your starting area.
    - Underground Assembly, best place is the far left of the map since it's flat and narrow, your starting place has ledges which make you miss them if they move up there.

For RAR:
    > Cat is usually better in Bear if he runs too much, easily miss your Blazing Spine, waste paw from needing to chase him.
    > Paw is better in Spiders. Chainswing hit multiple bosses, SP overflow.
    > Paw is better in Siggy, Beo, Elch, Lak. They fly or go out of the map often enough for Flamebreath to recharge over time for enough SP.

Overall, if your battles are fast either because you or someone else is carrying so you don't run out of SP, you'll do more damage with Paw, or if you plan to trans. But if the battle is long because Braha or a low DPS party, then Cat. Unless it is a long battle with many pauses like Neam and Aes where you recharge your Flamebreath during them, in this case Paw is better.

If you can only get one, get good with your parry and your Blazing Spine timing + aim, get strong so your battles are fast enough for you to not run out of SP before winning, save trans for Braha, get Paw. If you aren't that good and are constantly running out of SP, get Cat.
    X1Guts1XKefkaa2edgy4u