[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Nexon Launcher doesn't work

MetroX_MetroX_
Vindictus Rep: 100
edited October 11, 2017 in Tech Support
Hello,

I haven't played Vindictus in a while, I played when it still had the old launcher. So now I want to play but I can't.

The launcher prompts me to login and then the program is active in the taskbar but nothing else, and when I right click the icon I see the options but I can't click anything.
The program doesn't open.

I tried reinstalling multiple times, also without AV. I disabled my firewall. Also tried running it as administrator, Windows 7, 8 etc.

Literally nothing helps.

Error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "modules\loading_ui\main.py", line 85, in m_run
File "modules\mbroker\m_interface.py", line 242, in listen_async
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'subscribe'

Comments

• MaximusMaximus
    Vindictus Rep: 1,085
    yeah, really with that they return to the stand-alone style rather having to go through the launcher just to play...
  • MetroX_MetroX_
    Why isn't this fixed still or even a response from a tech.... I downloaded the setup again and I have the same issue. I want to play this game.
  • RavinaRavina
    Howdy folks,
    did anyone manage to get a solution to this problem? as I have exact same problem myself.

Currently on latest version of Windows 10 Pro 64bit with all updates and drivers installed.

• RavinaRavina
    Howdy folks,
    Took me 3 days and almost 48 hours of none stop messing around but I've got it working finally.

it needs the service pack 1 of:
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x64)
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x64)

Now if like me you already have them installed.
    use the sp1 setup files to uninstall the sp1, then re-install.

Then go to the nexon folder
    run the update file

And it should then bring up the launcher to download/play the games

MY OS: WINDOWS 10 PRO 64-BIT BUILD 16299

Only thing I can think of is when you do the updates via windows it doesn't always install all files, just the needed ones, so by uninstalling and re-installing the service packs from the downloaded setup files, the launcher then has what it needs.

Anyway, hope that helps out.