[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Miri Thoughts?

DeadlyAshDeadlyAsh
Vindictus Rep: 660
in General Discussion
what you think of the new class people call it a no brainier some saying its to easy some says to fun. what is it for you?

Comments

• ReziRezi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,585
    The true main protagonist.

Once you go Miri, you won't go back.

It's not just because she's OP - she's super FUN as well, although I wish her normal combo was just replaced with the dragon combo, with the meter just enhancing the attacks if there or attacks being weaker without meter.
  • SuhpremeSuhpreme
    Vindictus Rep: 3,935
    she became interesting after I got her fireychain? smashes, then she became boring and dropped at lvl70. it didnt help that the story mode is boring as hell, and the thought of gearing another alt didnt even cross my mind because im also a turbo casual.
  • Sir_RenderSir_Render
    Vindictus Rep: 1,720
    she feels ridiculous plain and simple

it's pretty fun honestly
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    She's a lot of fun, and the way her attacks work give her a lot of extra mobility. The only change I wish they made is that a parry with stacks built up would refill the Dragon Gauge rather than just giving stamina, but honestly it's not a huge thing. She plays well, my Fifi is going to sleep for a bit and Miri and Sylas will be getting all the attention as my mains.
  • ReziRezi
    I actually made a list of the things that irked me. They won't get fixed, but here they are:

1. Spinethrow should attack twice - once moving forward, a second time moving back, like with a boomerang.

2. Dragon Knight should replace DK/Pali. The way it currently works is nonsensible, being weaker than Trans, not healing on activation, and even its unique attack is lacking.

3. The dragonflame combo should have been the main combo, with each attack enhanced if dragonflame gauge had any amount; loss of dragonflame would mean less damage, but this is better than a useless and boring normal combo just to activate the actual dragonspine combo

4. The charge attack has really bad controls. The game should register the pressing of movement keys as a changing of angle in a 360 degree circle while the attack is used; the current version only recognizes direction after charge ends which results in 8 degrees of attacks, sometimes angled based on Miri's direction rather than the player's camera direction.

5. While spamming dragonflame combo really destroys opponents, her own bar is similarly obliterated...a bit too easily. If dragonflame becomes main combo as suggested above, any dragonflame-enhanced attacks should give extra defense during the attack.

6. The dragonflame meter is really nice, and I wish it would replace the SP meter. Not just for Miri, but a version of it for everyone.

7. Charge attack should be mid-sprint - that is, Miri should keep sprinting during/after it, rather than it stopping sprint.

8. She's way too short, and way too skinny for a dragon. Even her trailers make her look larger. She should at least be as tall as Arisha, if not the tallest female character. Best would be Arisha's medium height being the new Miri minimum height. As it currently stands, she's an anorexic dwarf.

9. I personally feel as if 1000 SP for Dragon Knight is way too much. I really don't like it requiring SP at all, and it would be better if it just drained Stamina. An alternative would be it giving unlimited SP in return for a full dragonflame bar, rather than 1000 SP for constant dragonflame. In any case, it just feels off.
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    I initially thought Miri's lack of a vertical knock up move may put her at a disadvantage, but it doesn't seem like she needs one. Also, mobility makes her annoying in PvP, but ultimately she still gets destroyed by two certain classes.
  • ReziRezi
    I know one's Kai, what's the other?
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Order5 wrote: »
    I initially thought Miri's lack of a vertical knock up move may put her at a disadvantage, but it doesn't seem like she needs one. Also, mobility makes her annoying in PvP, but ultimately she still gets destroyed by two certain classes.

Her space + RMB does send enemies airborne, doe, as doe her aoe. Great for controlling mobs.
    Rezi
  • AtherionAtherion
    Vindictus Rep: 3,520
    Really fun and flashy in short runs due to dragon transformation. Somewhat more of a hassle to play outside of it as you need to charge the meter with the flame attack killing the flow at times. The ability to chain your spins out of those sp moves is a pretty nice touch which negates some of the clunkiness of not being able to spam to your hearts desire.

Gameplay-wise, she has basically everything I like from Karok/Hurk/Delia which includes absorb frames on normals, chain-able normals and smashes, a super cancel, and a long-range dash that chains into one of her most damaging moves.

The flame effects do look nice although I find myself turning it down or off completely since it makes seeing rather difficult especially when I'm spamming in dragon mode against a small boss in ein lacher.
    Rezi
  • BladeXAngelBladeXAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,805
    Rezi wrote: »
    I know one's Kai, what's the other?

i think it's referring to the mighty hurk. but i think miri actually stands a chance at high atk spd.

I've tried out some nice combos for pvp. seems to be doing good dmg along with nice dodging and blocking.

Now to the topic:

Miri is fun, she's now as geared as my main, she does moderate dps, in line with most of the classes. It's a hard job to manage your view angle as there seems to be tooooooo much angle change on her. Also, the backdash ability is a bit hard to manage as it only dash backward, thus if you want to dash right, you have to actually press A then dash, which seriously decreases your ability to make fast dodge in the direction you want. Also, the camara moves so fast it will actually be very easy to lose where you are looking at if you play as "attack in camara's direction".

Doing ein lacher at the moment, one major problem is stacking up sp for dragon form. once you in dragon form, you can pretty much destroy any boss with the mobility and the burst, but limited red bars made me a bit passive since i don't trust my fast reaction on blocking with normal attacks.
    Rezi
  • PlayerOOOlPlayerOOOl
    Vindictus Rep: 1,270
    My Miri is lvl64 and so far I could only comment on her overpower part.
    Every single boss, including Klaus/Irkul/etc, was killed within 10 second.

But I think ALL characters are overwhelming powerful now.
  • Yuria100Yuria100
    Vindictus Rep: 2,480
    edited December 13, 2017

@Order you have three way to send them up in the air.

1) The two that @Prototypemind mentioned

Her space + RMB does send enemies airborne, doe, as doe her aoe. Great for controlling mobs.

2) and you're first none birebreath smash.

I would like to mention that her two Sp skills regen FireBreath. I'm assuming people haven't mentioned this cus they didn't think it was worth mentioning.

For the skill sp skill im mentioning (Each of them recharge enough firebreath to do two combo)

1) Blazing Spine (Cost 250 sp). This one is spamable and is a good sp sink since Miri really does get overwelmed with sp quickly. This attack can hit up to 3 times aswell. Once with the casting swing and two from the blue flame part. (It possible im might be wrong with the 3 hit, but that what i see :D )

2) Slice and Dice (Cost 500 sp). This skill, imo, is your strongest attack in your dps kit. It has a long cd but worth the use for it damage and firebreath regen. I even go as far as jsut using it for it damage and forgoing the regen aspect of the attack. This attack also is able to stagger an enemy upto two time. Landing both attack optimize the damage but that easier said then done.

@Rezi I mostly disagree with most of your point but that just very minor thing not worth talking about. The first point you made is valid and i would like for that attack to have two hit lika boomerange.
    Rezi wrote: »
    9. I personally feel as if 1000 SP for Dragon Knight is way too much. I really don't like it requiring SP at all, and it would be better if it just drained Stamina. An alternative would be it giving unlimited SP in return for a full dragonflame bar, rather than 1000 SP for constant dragonflame. In any case, it just feels off.

tl;dr for the next part. 1k sp is fine, Miri sp regen is good enough for the cost of dragon from trans or even higher then other characters and for long run you'll be swiming in sp.

I don't find this to be much of a problem. Miri sp gain is fairly high and the cost for tranforming into dragon form, I find reasonable. I find it as more of an sp sink since her sp gain is higher then other character I've played before. Also for long run like Neamhain once you're done with your dragon form, you'll have capped sp, which isn't that hard to spend up if you know what you're doing.
    DeadlyAsh wrote: »
    what you think of the new class people call it a no brainier some saying its to easy some says to fun. what is it for you?

As for the main topic, I find her easy to play. The most enjoyable thing i find with her is spamming her sprint move while ins dragon form. Spin2Win is also fun to do aswell, just watching yourself spam move and not give a care about if you'll get hit or not that entertaining every so often.
    Rezi
  • AxxonAxxon
    Vindictus Rep: 1,135
    She's fun (not enough to quit my evie, 100% sure, but enough to level up to at least lvl 90) and ridiculously easy and straightforward.

If you consider Kai the Easy mode of Vindictus due to his range (Release kai lel), Miri is probably VERY EASY mode.

My complain : she really feels lackluster once her bar is down... her regular smash are nothing impressive, they focused all of her power into the dragon moves, so the ''Down moments'' without Dragon knight or a filled up bar are quite painful in raids.
    Rezi
  • Yuria100Yuria100
    Vindictus Rep: 2,480
    edited December 13, 2017
    :poop:
  • JessGameJessGame
    Vindictus Rep: 1,870
    Yuria100 wrote: »
    :poop:

lol
  • BladeXAngelBladeXAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,805
    Axxon wrote: »
    She's fun (not enough to quit my evie, 100% sure, but enough to level up to at least lvl 90) and ridiculously easy and straightforward.

If you consider Kai the Easy mode of Vindictus due to his range (Release kai lel), Miri is probably VERY EASY mode.

My complain : she really feels lackluster once her bar is down... her regular smash are nothing impressive, they focused all of her power into the dragon moves, so the ''Down moments'' without Dragon knight or a filled up bar are quite painful in raids.

I don't think I'll have down time once i get my cat statue, it's just matter of how you manage your red bars unless you consider dragon knight to be the "uptime" then i'm always down, but my red bars are always up although never full. need to manage it with sp skills which actually is pretty fun.
  • Ryr7eRyr7e
    Vindictus Rep: 640
    Fun and easy.
    Ive done most of ein lacher now and raid everyday with miri.

I find the basic/smash combo chain really nice when when you find a rhythm in parrying and normal smashing.
    Comboing chainswings to outmanuver bosses is satisfying.
    Spinethrow is one of the best moves in the game.

A couple things I dislike are:

Wyvern magic missing if you parry into certain attacks. Waiting on 5 stacks is interesting, but feels bad.

Clunky controls on the active dash.

Dumping full sp into blazingspine is boring.
  • quietguyquietguy
    Vindictus Rep: 1,010
    Thanks for the box, Miri. Now go home, Thot.
  • ReziRezi
    quietguy wrote: »
    Thot.

I wish, but she's got no curves.
  • PlayerOOOlPlayerOOOl
    Vindictus Rep: 1,270
    PlayerOOOl wrote: »
    My Miri is lvl64 and so far I could only comment on her overpower part.
    Every single boss, including Klaus/Irkul/etc, was killed within 10 second.

But I think ALL characters are overwhelming powerful now.

Okay, now I am lvl68 and in later Rocheste Sewer runs.
    The boss killing procedure need a bit more than just using up Flame Breath.

then
    Transform into Dragon Knight --> Call of the Dragon --> Flame Breath Combo
    Still within 1min.