[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Is Vindi Poorly Optimized Still?

Comments

• 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Vindictus Rep: 5,590
    No, as far as Vindictus is concerned PhysX does not exist. If the technology was indeed implemented, there would be an option to toggle it. Furthermore, gamers that didn’t have a Nvidia GPU that tried to run the game with PhysX enabled would have 2 FPS.

Yep. So the most pre-rendered physics I can see being there is on the players/monsters, destructible assets and what not. But well we just need to hope DevCAT has a plan because this game does have a massive amount of potential but DevCAT needs to be willing to change the game massively to capitalize on that potential. There will come that time where even if it's the only game of it's type even KR will have near dead servers due to not doing the most important thing to save it.
  • ReziRezi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,585
    But well we just need to hope DevCAT has a plan because this game does have a massive amount of potential but DevCAT needs to be willing to change the game massively to capitalize on that potential.

All that money they spend making Vindi clones "mysteriously" close down during Alpha/CB would better be spent on upgrading the game's core design.
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Vindictus Rep: 5,590
    edited December 10, 2017
    Rezi wrote: »
    But well we just need to hope DevCAT has a plan because this game does have a massive amount of potential but DevCAT needs to be willing to change the game massively to capitalize on that potential.

All that money they spend making Vindi clones "mysteriously" close down during Alpha/CB would better be spent on upgrading the game's core design.

Everyone at KR has been saying that for years xD DevCAT never listens to it's players unless it's for a bug on test server. All other feedback even if it has nothing to do with a brilliant idea gets ignored. No one gets answers regardless. Kinda like how it is here. All Feedback ends up in the graveyard. In fact I posted a thread in the Feedback section about Miri's skills because The skills were named incorrectly not just because they used different names. The main thing that got to me was they used Flamebreath for the Meter when it was supposed to be used for the actual SP skill that shoots fire. The Meter should have been Draker Aura since she's using Aura to use her Ancestor's Will skills. So far no answer at all so I'm sorry if I don't save Miri's Skill naming situation :( at least I tried

But that's off topic xD
    Rezi
  • MrGattoMrGatto
    Vindictus Rep: 1,575
    edited December 10, 2017
    @Shadowcity2

Finally someone who gets it.. ;)

Rest of the post is not aimed at you or anyone,just in general.

Vindictus is using Source engine 'ya know the one they relased with Half-Life 2' and it has Havok Physx built in the engine but its a very old system and has nothing to do with actual Physx you can toggle in your driver settings.

That is for Nvidia stuff like this:

Now go try and force that on an average cpu and see what happens. :D

I honestly don't know where all this 'stuff' coming from lately but most of it makes no sense,I've played this damn game since the NA early acces open beta and pretty much went trough multiple systems and every single 'workaround' for performance.

Game is simply outdated and badly optimized to use any half decent hardware,map design is badly made as someone pointed it out on the EU forums and on top of that the User interface is a trash too.

Also:

Since Vindi is not a DX12 game it wont make any difference if you switch from win 7 to win 10.

Edit/reply to that cinebench test and the mobile cpu comparison:

Even tho I don't really like synthetic tests since they rarely mirror actual game performance but its still something I guess.
    In cinebench R15 I get 140 Single Core with my i-3 which is higher than that mobile i-7.