[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Hydra Buff

KMonkKMonk
Vindictus Rep: 1,495
in Miri
Anyone know what the Hydra buff do? It's the one you charge with Flamebreath and the activate with normal parry. You get the blue swirly buff called Hydra that disappear if you dash.

Comments

• MisterWhiskersMisterWhiskers
    Vindictus Rep: 2,615
    isnt it the one that restores STA?
  • KMonkKMonk
    Oh, is that all it does?
  • CallMeMrBCallMeMrB
    Vindictus Rep: 660
    This is information from Miri patch.
    When Miri strikes at just the right moment, during an enemy attack, the attack is blocked and Miri is granted the Hydra effect, restoring Stamina and boosting the damage of Flamebreath attacks.
  • KMonkKMonk
    Yeah but that shockwave is only at the point of impact. So, what's Hydra buff for?

I took a screenshot from it and it says:

Hydra
    Receive the enemy attack at the exact right moment to absorb its power, and increase Miri's stamina.
    Doing this correctly will make Miri just like her great ancestor the Hydra, who also grew more powerful with every enemy's attack.
    The effect will disappear if Hot Streak is used.

My assumption:
    Hydra buff increase Miri's stamina pool (unconfirmed), tanking hits while Hydra is active makes her attack goes up (unconfirmed), dashing while buff is up, kills it (confirmed). So basically, you are supposed to take hits because dodging will makes it go away?
  • iRyukoiRyuko
    Vindictus Rep: 830
    I noticed that if you have hydra buff activated, then succesfuly blocked enemy attack restores your stamina. Not sure tho if you need spineslash for stamina restoration. could be easy checked out so.. GL :D
  • KMonkKMonk
    In what way it "Boost Damage"? How much is the boost? Is it worth it to keep it over dashing to prevent damage?
  • CashewsCashews
    Vindictus Rep: 1,255
    The "boost in damage" probably refers to the shockwave effect it creates after parrying with the Hydra buff. The one that looks like an X blue slash. It has an INCREDIBLY finnicky hitbox, but when it hits it actually does pretty significant damage.

Dodging removes the hydra buff, but that doesn't really matter that much. Don't be afraid to dodge, especially considering that getting hits removes Wyvern Magic stacks. If you have 3 stacks of Wyvern Magic, successfully parrying an attack will consume the Hydra buff as soon as it activates.
  • BontakunBontakun
    Vindictus Rep: 740
    edited December 12, 2017
    Didn't notice it until reading through the post but I am seeing roughly 1k crit damage difference in Flamebreath attacks when I have hydra effect.

• KMonkKMonk
    I do notice while soloing Normal Druid that if I kept my hydra buff, he dies MUCH faster that if I do not. Now the question is, does the damage from Hydra increases if you either parry additional attack or take damage?
  • MylewMylew
    Vindictus Rep: 1,390
    From my testing the damage increase seems to be 20% from Hydra buff.

The real issue everyone should be talking about is the Spineslash being 90% miss chance.

Can we have a hero that will make a good detailed bug report thread about it?