[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Please Remove Run Timer

KMonkKMonk
Vindictus Rep: 1,495
edited March 27, 2018 in Suggestions and Feedback
I understand that these Run Timer are there to prevent bots from farming too fast. But now that RISE makes everything way too easy to kill, these timers are just the "unfun" part of leveling. The five run limits per dungeon also enough to prevent bots from spamming one map really fast. Just please remove this annoying timer.
  1. Are you constantly being hit by the run timer even with low level equipments?29 votes
    1. Yes, please remove run timer.
       69% (20 votes)
    2. Yes, but it doesn't bother me.
       21% (6 votes)
    3. No, what's a run timer?
       10% (3 votes)

Comments

• ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    They already removed it on a lot of the runs. With the revamp in xp there doesn't seem to be any reason to really have to spam any run till you hit the old s2 used to be raids. And those don't have the counter. Can you clue me in on what runs are causing you frustration? (I know one of the polar bears still has it, but even for that if you wait 30 seconds to kill the boss you don't seem to trigger any waits.)
  • TamagoTamago
    Vindictus Rep: 5,460
    edited December 8, 2017
    ikevi wrote: »
    They already removed it on a lot of the runs. With the revamp in xp there doesn't seem to be any reason to really have to spam any run till you hit the old s2 used to be raids. And those don't have the counter. Can you clue me in on what runs are causing you frustration? (I know one of the polar bears still has it, but even for that if you wait 30 seconds to kill the boss you don't seem to trigger any waits.)

They didn't, actually. They were supposed to remove all the timers though. I remember it being part of an announcement somewhere.
    When I was carrying a Miri to 95, I got a timer on all the runs. The only runs where I didn't receive a timer were in the old S2 raids.
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Vindictus Rep: 5,590
    NA still hasnt removed the timers here? That should have been done half a year ago xD
  • EnigmaTaroEnigmaTaro
    Vindictus Rep: 3,815
    NA still hasnt removed the timers here? That should have been done half a year ago xD

Timer below LV70 still apply.
  • ikeviikevi
    edited December 8, 2017
    Even the ones below lv 70 were modified... You can run white tyrant challenge in 30 seconds without any delay.

Shady Forest, Nightmare at the ruins and Hidden don't have a timer delay if it takes 45 seconds (haven't tried to go faster than that since there isn't a reason to spam these anymore).

Or are you saying if there character is < lv 70 it will do a different delay time?
  • Yuria100Yuria100
    Vindictus Rep: 2,480
    edited December 8, 2017
    @ikevi The timer have been removed for character that are at a certain level and i think that what @EnigmaTaro ment. That timer are removed for character that are lvl70+. So every character that are below that lvl suffer from clearing things too quickly.

@KMonk you are a lil misinformed, the timer are removed for high level character. So you poll is a lil off, it should say something like remove run timer for low lvl character.

I've picked the last option cus run timer dont apply to my max lvl char >:)
  • CometCupidCometCupid
    Vindictus Rep: 1,990
    Timers I remember off the top of my head are Counterattack (yes, still despite the elongated story portion) and all three dragons.

Hell, I killed Keaghan in under a minute. That broke my soul... then Earthshaker takes out half my health in a single hit. The difficulty curve isn't even a bend now, in fact it's gone past a sharp angle, made a u-turn and has broken off in its own ass. It's a shame it took an entire season (read: a day) for me to actually enjoy myself and I wasn't even given a chance to really learn the character until then.
  • TamagoTamago
    edited December 8, 2017
    Even the ones below lv 70 were modified... You can run white tyrant challenge in 30 seconds without any delay.

Shady Forest, Nightmare at the ruins and Hidden don't have a timer delay if it takes 45 seconds (haven't tried to go faster than that since there isn't a reason to spam these anymore).

Or are you saying if there character is < lv 70 it will do a different delay time?

Try carrying a character from 1 to 95, you'll see. They'll all have the old timers. White Tyrant's Challenge has never had a timer, as far as I remember.
    Yuria100 wrote: »
    @ikevi The timer have been removed for character that are at a certain level and i think that what @EnigmaTaro ment. That timer are removed for character that are lvl70+. So every character that are below that lvl suffer from clearing things too quickly.

@KMonk you are a lil misinformed, the timer are removed for high level character. So you poll is a lil off, it should say something like remove run timer for low lvl character.

I've picked the last option cus run timer dont apply to my max lvl char >:)

The timers aren't removed for high level players. What EnigmaTaro probably meant was that S2 story battles and raids no longer have timers, but S1 still does.
  • ikeviikevi
    Yep I found the timer on contract. That said none of the lv 60 raids have them. I don't think I found any timers before roch. I know there used to be some. So it just seems that oddly the removal of some timers were skipped.
  • TamagoTamago
    edited December 8, 2017
    Yep I found the timer on contract. That said none of the lv 60 raids have them. I don't think I found any timers before roch. I know there used to be some. So it just seems that oddly the removal of some timers were skipped.

The lv60 raids do have them, actually. I've hit the timer on all of them when carrying a Miri from 1 to 95.
    I've hit a timer on every single run I did for story when carrying that Miri too.
  • ikeviikevi
    Mainichi wrote: »
    The lv60 raids do have them, actually. I've hit the timer on all of them when carrying a Miri from 1 to 95.
    I've hit a timer on every single run I did for story when carrying that Miri too.

I wasn't trying to do speed runs on everything, since I like to do multiple things while lvling. But so far ones with it in Roch were:
    Contact, Colhen in Flames, The Contract.

I did titan in ~33 sec and hit a 77 sec delay. (Skipped the mob.)

We will see what happens on the others.

• KMonkKMonk
    Vindictus Rep: 1,495
    Guys, guys, regardless how the timer is applied, I think we can all agree that they need to be removed. This is ESPECIALLY because they have made the run so short and so easy, much shorter than what the timer was first intended for. There is no reason that we get punished for clearing the dungeon efficiently. I am not about to make this post if this wasn't an issue while leveling up my Miri. This constant stopping the flow is really getting on my nerve.
  • ReziRezi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,585
    I just want them to remove the 1-2 minutes of wait time between walking over boss drops and actually getting them so I can finish the mission. Miri so OP that this happens every other battle.
  • Yuria100Yuria100
    edited December 9, 2017
    hm maybe i read it on KR patch and assumed we already got it removed, well suck to be our version.
  • TamagoTamago
    hm maybe i read it on KR patch and assumed we already got it removed, well suck to be our version.

It was in one of our patch notes before, but they never actually removed it. So annoying.
    Yuria100
  • Yuria100Yuria100
    Mainichi wrote: »

It was in one of our patch notes before, but they never actually removed it. So annoying.

ah kk, so im the one that got thing mixed up thx for the info.
  • ReziRezi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,585
    Tons of fixes on KR were never implemented on Int.