[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Arisha Second Weapon Live Testing

Comments

• CometCupidCometCupid
    Vindictus Rep: 1,990
    This video seems to show her a little bit more.

Unfortunately now it just looks like left-click spam. At least the unenhanced whip looks more consistent as a normal weapon than just being used to build mana. I'm guessing the normal mode has increased damage and the enhanced mode has decreased damage as compared to the power gap with her blade?

What's the range on the whip, by the way? Does it have the same length as chainblades or is it shorter range?
    Rezi
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Vindictus Rep: 5,590
    RISE tbh scratching the AD and the enhancement bit was actually a pretty interesting step in the right direction in terms of trying to revive the game. KR fixed a lot of the bugs with RISE already so judging by that comment it sounds like NA never implemented the bug fixes at all even after half a year.

It may seem similar but control wise Vella Chains are WAY easier to deal with. DevCAT made the control of Whip too complicated and confusing. You have to press WAY too many buttons than is really needed for what that weapon can do. Whip is such good potential especially in the DPS end of things. But it's control development was not done right.
    Rezi
  • MisterWhiskersMisterWhiskers
    Vindictus Rep: 2,615
    RISE tbh scratching the AD and the enhancement bit was actually a pretty interesting step in the right direction in terms of trying to revive the game. KR fixed a lot of the bugs with RISE already so judging by that comment it sounds like NA never implemented the bug fixes at all even after half a year.

It may seem similar but control wise Vella Chains are WAY easier to deal with. DevCAT made the control of Whip too complicated and confusing. You have to press WAY too many buttons than is really needed for what that weapon can do. Whip is such good potential especially in the DPS end of things. But it's control development was not done right.

I feel like they're rushing chars too much

teide-miri-umbrella-whip were designed in such a short interval no wonder some of them ended up/will end up as **** weapons
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    edited December 8, 2017
    Miri is honestly pretty good. Blute was definitely good. Teide would have been done better. Whip doesn't even feel QA'd properly. The problem is we want them to rush the content but well....since it's DevCAT rushing comes at a price. With them there is no inbetween for some really weird reason.
  • ReziRezi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,585
    Miri is so amazing that she makes every other character worthless. She can block by attacking, has OP close-range, mid-range, AND long-range attacks, is able to obliterate both mob groups and bosses easily, is easier to play than even Delia, and is the best-looking thicc character even at...no, especially at max height.

Hell, if Dragonspine had been given to Arisha instead at least it would have made some sense - from witchblade to dragonborn, and perhaps Dragonspine would be at least someone challenging to control. But no, instead we get the game's true main protagonist and everybody else is worthless.

I do agree that these characters were rushed out, and I know for a fact that DOL has no clue how Vindi characters are supposed to be released because we have the most mismatched release order ever - S1 had male, female, female, male; S2 had female, male, male, female (I believe); then S3 has male, female, female, female; and S4 will likely have female, female, female, female...

My word DOL, if I wanted to play dress up I'd be hanging around in Second Life or the Sims. I liked the fact that Vindi balanced the characters, and I liked how each character had two weapons with similar playstyles - Karok was bash, Lann was combostab, Fiona was tank, Evie was magic, Kai was ranged, Vella was slashfest, etc, and then we find out Hurk becomes a musketeer for some reason, Lynn forgets her build-up blasts to become Mary Poppins, and S3 characters are just copy-paste hybrids of the previous weapons but more OP.

Where's my shamanic spirit whisperer? My soccer player? My bard? My illusionist? My cannoneer? My word, at least give Blute and Phantom Daggers to a fairy character instead of a Chinese lancer, use ballet-style on actual dancing combat instead of bringing in another 2H sword, and WHY CAN'T WHIP ACTUALLY TRAP PEOPLE WHILE SLAMMING THEM UP AND DOWN?!

Sorry, sorry, I just can't comprehend why DOL's dev team is just randomly throwing copy-paste weapons at old and new characters instead of actually coming up with new combat styles. Arisha was the last good character decision they made, because at least she was a reward for experienced players, but now Miri has made her moot as well. I at least thought the S3 characters were becoming the new go-to team but Delia is worthless because of Miri too, so none of this makes sense anymore.
    CometCupidEngelNiburuArianthe_
  • CometCupidCometCupid
    Of course it makes sense, Rezi. Overpowered dress up dolls make them money.

Look inside yourself, you know it to be true.
    ReziNiburu
  • ReziRezi
    Karok is the only dress up doll I need.

im_cute_1.jpg

So pretty. <3
    탱크블레이드Niburu
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Rezi wrote: »
    Karok is the only dress up doll I need.

im_cute_1.jpg

So pretty. <3

I can dig it <3
  • ReziRezi
    I can dig it <3

Oh, right, if you do decide to try out Whip in Abyssal Arena, can you make it a Whip-only party? That would be hilarious.
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    If I can get some friends then I'll record it XD
    Rezi
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530

Watching that and then seeing the whip it just makes it even more ridiculously clear how rushed Ari's second weap is.
  • ReziRezi
    Even I'll admit that Blute is beautiful. If Blute and Glaive were somehow merged I'd probably drench myself with excitement.
    Niburu
  • NitroLuxNitroLux
    Vindictus Rep: 1,025
    from a game design point of view, it's good to have weapons that are controlled in unique ways, but there is something a little bit off there.
    From a whip i would have expected to have different idle positions, like the tip of the wip laying on the floor or activelly keeping the whip spinning on top of your head. The fact that the whip returns in her hand at the end of every attacks is a bit far from what i have expected. This attack pattern reminds me more of a flail.
    ReziNiburu
  • CometCupidCometCupid
    DevCAT made the control of Whip too complicated and confusing. You have to press WAY too many buttons than is really needed for what that weapon can do.

I forgot to ask, just how complicated are the button mashes? Don't tell me trying to use it is a constant mini-game similar to her Ruin Blade inputs.
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    edited December 9, 2017
    I know of one that uses that and that's the Counter (which in the stream I mentioned they could have just done a Right Click for that.....instead of A S D Left Click (normal damage) or Right click (enhanced damage at the cost of SP)

Edit: When I get the time I will post a list of the skill names for those that don't want to refer to the stream I linked. If I'm feeling even less lazy I will post the combat effects of them :P
    Rezi
  • EllfieEllfie
    Vindictus Rep: 670
    Whip feels like spellsword, but without everything that makes spellsword a fun weapon, so diappointing. Hope devs will make some changes, cause right now it just looks so rushed and boring.
  • BowtacojrBowtacojr
    Vindictus Rep: 2,545
    edited December 11, 2017

Here's some more gameplay of Junyoop doing a Gold Keaghan. He seems to have a pretty good hang of it.

He mentions in the comments that the weapon is pretty bad though, but they'll have to see how it comes to the main server to see what changes are made.

• CometCupidCometCupid
    I love how she can cancel projectiles and turn them into mana.

One thing I'm confused about, does her block/absorb work the same way it does with the spellsword, or similar to how Miri's cancelling works with more precise timing?
  • RipleyWRipleyW
    Vindictus Rep: 300
    What is that Costume that Arisha is wearing :O looks cool?
  • ReziRezi
    Junyoop makes her look...workable, but it still feels like she has something missing.

I wonder how well she does in parties.