[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

very low fps

Akira16Akira16
Vindictus Rep: 200
edited March 13, 2018 in Tech Support
so i am getting as low as 15 fps with a very high end rig which i didnt use to before back when i played around the time deilia came out
i7 6700K
16 GB ram
EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3
if theres anything i can do to improve my fps it will be greatly appreciated

Comments

• ReziRezi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,585
    There's likely a player influx due to the update. Just wait a few days.
  • DrusaDrusa
    Vindictus Rep: 2,100
    How is a player influx going to affect FPS? If anything it's delays.
  • BoatGodBoatGod
    Vindictus Rep: 2,575
    edited December 6, 2017
    72vo769.jpg

Go to your Nvidia control panel via right clicking on your desktop
    Click on manage 3d settings, program settings, click add, click browse and find your vindictus exe file in your vindictus folder.
    Then Set your Preferred Graphic Processor as your i7 6700k cpu

This also seems to work.
  • ReziRezi
    Most people confuse FPS with lag. I figured the OP might have as well.

After all, with that hardware, they shouldn't have any FPS problems.
  • Akira16Akira16
    Vindictus Rep: 200
    wont let me choose my i7 6700k as my graphics processor and why would i want to over my 1080 Ti? im also using the steam ver of vindictus on a samsung 960 pro SSD
  • BoatGodBoatGod
    Vindictus Rep: 2,575
    because vindictus is more cpu oriented
  • SuhpremeSuhpreme
    Vindictus Rep: 3,935
    edited December 6, 2017
    are you experiencing frame drops in town or in dungeons?

solo, i dont think you should be experiencing frame drops at all, 0, nada, unless ur standing infront of some effect like aa giant ball of fire or some sht

if youre in a party, the host may be at fault for fps drops due to the hosts connectivity and if their computer can host or not

if youre experiencing frame drops in town its because devs couldnt code it in a way to handle so many players in a compacted area, which is why colhen and the docks have been split into 2 instances each, colhen has a separate instanced part of the town towards the back, and the main courtyard, then the docks are instanced at the entrance to the docks and another instance at the battle board platform

also check if all your drivers are up to date and windows updates
  • ReziRezi
    BoatGod wrote: »

The game actually runs better on my gpu than cpu.
  • HallyHally
    Vindictus Rep: 1,985
    The game runs significantly better on GPU than CPU for most people.
  • MisterWhiskersMisterWhiskers
    Vindictus Rep: 2,615
    Hally wrote: »

depends on graphic options
    I have a laptop with terrible low speed CPU but great GPU;I can almost max out GPU oriented graphic settings ( game info tells you which option uses what) but if I touch CPU oriented ones it drops fps like crazy
  • Sir_RenderSir_Render
    Vindictus Rep: 1,720
    I bought a really good CPU and still dip from time to time
    it's just the way Vindi was made
  • HallyHally
    Vindictus Rep: 1,985
    Hally wrote: »

depends on graphic options
    I have a laptop with terrible low speed CPU but great GPU;I can almost max out GPU oriented graphic settings ( game info tells you which option uses what) but if I touch CPU oriented ones it drops fps like crazy

As in, for the vast majority of computers you can find nowdays, the CPU (specifically one core) is grossly overloaded, while the GPU remain mostly idle due to having far too much power for what vindi needs. If your gpu allow some tasks to be offloaded to the GPU, such as physics calculations, it can give you a big performance boost for vindi. These settings are NOT accessible from vindi options.
  • Shadowcity2Shadowcity2
    Vindictus Rep: 760

Where did this logic come from? I think we are confusing the integrated Intel GPU with the actual CPU. As far as I know, the game cannot simply be offloaded or "forced" to run on a GPU.

Here's a die shot of the i7 6700k in case I was not clear.
    77a.jpg

The big yellow block on the left is the gpu, it is of little use for Vindictus when OP has a GTX 1080 ti.
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    Most "sudden low fps" issues are due to the CPU or GPU downthrottling itself or the game incorrectly using the integrated card. Check with cpu-z/gpu-z with the game running in full screen res (NOT full screen). Make sure nvidia control panel settings have power management set to "maximum performance".
  • RhapsodyOfFireRhapsodyOfFire
    Vindictus Rep: 5,375
    edited December 9, 2017

Where did this logic come from? I think we are confusing the integrated Intel GPU with the actual CPU. As far as I know, the game cannot simply be offloaded or "forced" to run on a GPU.

Just to be more specific, GPU's and CPU's also have different instruction sets and you can't just transfer code between the two. It's impossible to do that without emulation that are usually slow. Physics calculations can be transferred but the game must use a physics engine that allows that. (it's not the case for Vindi)

I think when people say the game runs better on a GPU they mean that the graphical stuff is optimized, and the game's logic that runs on the CPU is not.

Also some people misunderstand that the graphics pipeline's first stage (transformations) is calculated in the CPU therefore a delay in the CPU can cause rendering lag. Actually the CPU instructs the GPU to render the stuff when it's ready, so they can stay in sync. The GPU wouldn't know what and when to draw otherwise.
    Rezi
  • SugarAngelSugarAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 300
    If you're playing as Miri, or with Miri's that could be to explain as they are very, VERY effect heavy. Otherwise, I cannot give an answer.