[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Battle Limits?

Blackbirdx61Blackbirdx61
Vindictus Rep: 1,355
in New Recruits
I've only been playing a few days, and the Gnoll King has proven the first really challenging mob; the first that could down me consistently. So I'm thinking I've found the perfect sparing partner. I can Dance with this guy for a few days and get my Technique down; but after 5 Rounds I find I'm barred from that mission. Is this limit daily or over all? If the later why? Even if its daily why. The Rewards certainly drop, the law of diminishing returns will keep most players from abusing this, but Im sure Im not the only new player that finding a scenario that matches my skill level wants sees a sharpening stone to work on my game.

Comments

• PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Because the Director decided that NA needed a fatigue system as well... again. It was removed before. My guess is that most active players are so concentrated in S3 and almost all the people who used to do S1/S2 hero missions have moved on or farm elsewhere since Hero isn't necessary to the point that those left just don't care about the limits.

It's a bad change and it has cost players and has people playing less, but the Director doesn't care about what's wanted, only about his "vision" for the game.
    Order5
  • MisterWhiskersMisterWhiskers
    Vindictus Rep: 2,615
    edited December 5, 2017
    its a good change

now bots can't ruin the prices of crafting materials unless they do s3 battles,which are quite difficult
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Who's worried about low level crafting mats? With the changes they drop like candy anyway. Botters aren't the issue. It hurts active players more than it helps. The game would be better off without it.
  • Blackbirdx61Blackbirdx61
    Vindictus Rep: 1,355
    It's a bad change and it has cost players and has people playing less, but the Director doesn't care about what's wanted, only about his "vision" for the game.

I cant claim an informed opinion on the point yet, but I've a fair amount of experiance in other MMOs farming low level mats can be pretty tiresome, but seldom in my experiance all that profitable. I suspect Pr's right about this point.

Either way, it's disappointing, if not all that surprising, to hear the Director doesn't listen to his veteran players; I expect as with most any game with some mileage on it we have players with hundreds, if not thousands of game hours logged, One would think that should be viewed as a valuable resource.

Oh well since the OP Ive opened more map and expanded my pool of sparing parteners. TY for your replies.