[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

SOLVED ->Nothing happens when 'play' is hit

CallistheneCallisthene
Vindictus Rep: 815
edited February 21, 2017 in Tech Support
Hello everyone!

So, as the title says, when I hit the "play" button on the Nexon Launcher nothing happens.

First, let me precise that I did play like, 1h ago and it worked fine.
Then, I closed my game and did nothing in particular.
Now, I want to play again, but when I press that damn button, nothing happens at all. I pressed it again and, obviously, the launcher tells me the game is already running which is not the case (checked the Task manager).

I've tried to:
1. Close every instance of the launcher, game and Nexon stuff related : Same
2. Reboot my PC : Same
3. Repair the installation: Nothing seems to change and when I try to press "repair" again, it tells me it's already downloading. (According to the TaskManager and the Task bar, I'd say that the launcher is doing absolutely nothing) = Same
4. Uninstall & Re-install the Nexon launcher : Same
5. Running the game from the shortcut on my Desktop doesn't change anything either

Please, don't tell me to:
-Check my antivirus : As I said, it worked fine 1 hour ago. No reasons Vindictus or the launcher are being blocked now after actually working.
-Re-download & install the game : It's so freaking long and I have the feeling that I might still have the same issue afterward...

I love this game, but seriously, when it doesn't want to work, it's ALWAYS such a freaking pain in the @$$!

Also, this is a question which is not related, but when I had to make the migration and install the Launcher for the 1st time, EVERYWHERE was written that "if you already have the game installed, you won't have to re-install it again. Just add the Nexon products you own in the Launcher".
I've told myself: GREAT! No need to download 15GB of data for a whole night!
But I still had to do it because I couldn't find anywhere an explanation about how to do such a thing and the launcher didn't want to hear the slightest thing... SIGH

Did someone manage to add its game without re-downloading it?

Comments

• v13V37vv13V37v
    Vindictus Rep: 100
    Same problem, but actually didn't get to enter the game even once
  • natraznatraz
    Vindictus Rep: 590
    edited February 17, 2017
    404 - File or directory not found.
    The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.
    when i hit the download launcher played yesterday no prob got error this morning so uninstalled game went to reinstall this is what i get?
  • ReallypissedDcedReallypissedDced
    Vindictus Rep: 200
    the vindi launcher is offline try logging in and the game went south.
  • LoreataLoreata
    Vindictus Rep: 320
    edited February 17, 2017

Also, this is a question which is not related, but when I had to make the migration and install the Launcher for the 1st time, EVERYWHERE was written that "if you already have the game installed, you won't have to re-install it again. Just add the Nexon products you own in the Launcher".
    But I still had to do it because I couldn't find anywhere an explanation about how to do such a thing and the launcher didn't want to hear the slightest thing... SIGH

I did. First it started to download from the start, but I did not have time so I closed it and went to sleep. Later I reopened and instead of 15 GB, it started to download 8 GB patch. Finally after the whole god damn day, it worked. (although there was some short server downtime, but when servers were up, game worked.)
  • CallistheneCallisthene
    edited February 21, 2017
    [Deleted]
  • CallistheneCallisthene
    edited February 21, 2017
    [Double post]
  • CallistheneCallisthene
    ALLELUIA!

I found not 'THE' but A solution to that problem.

After reinstallingthe game, it worked fine for 3 days. This morning the exact same thing appeared from nowhere. And I was like: WTH?! NOOOOO!

So, I checked the .log files in the Nexon Launcher folder as to find the last files recently modified and look into it.
    nexon_runtime_debug.log

In that one, was a line where "Error 5" was written on the time I tried to launch my game this morning. After some questions to my best friend Google, it appeared it's a problem of Administrators right from Windows. Honestly, I have no clue why the problem occured randomly when my account is the only one on my PC and obviously the Administrator, but whatever.

What you have to do:
    1.Look into the folder where the Nexon Launcher is installed. (NEXON under Programes or Programes files x68 etc...)
    2.Right click on the WHOLE folder called "Nexon Launcher"
    3.Click "Properties" then go under the "Security" tab
    4.Look at the different names listed. The one of your account should appear. If not, then simply add it.
    5.Make sure to CHECK the cases next to "write" under your account AND the "Creator Owner" account if there's one
    6.In order to get rid of futur errors, I also allowed "Total Control" for the "Creator Owner"
    ->After you you click "Apply" a small pop-up changing the rights of numerous files might appear for a few seconds.

7.Reboot your PC
    8.Launch the Launcher then the game
    9. IT WORKS!

10.If it doesn't work, take a look at the log file and check for other/new error.

It solved my problem and now I can play my game once again!
  • Martin007Martin007
    Vindictus Rep: 400
    i have same problem but i check log.files
    and i found this :(
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "modules\apps\launcher.py", line 482, in launch_app
    File "modules\passive\deco.py", line 119, in decorator
    File "modules\apps\launcher.py", line 460, in shell_execute
    Exception: ('(Error: 2)', 2)
    how i can fix this problem
    when I hit the "play" button on the Nexon Launcher nothing happens
  • Martin007Martin007
  • Martin007Martin007
  • ThaiVikingThaiViking
    Vindictus Rep: 105
    here's is another solutions hope you guys find it helpful !

Order5
  • gabryyellgabryyell
    FIXED :
    go nexon launcher file location
    run nexon_updater
    go :"bin", run nexon_agent
    or
    go nexon_client, run nexon_agent
  • gabryyellgabryyell
    Hello everyone!

So, as the title says, when I hit the "play" button on the Nexon Launcher nothing happens.

First, let me precise that I did play like, 1h ago and it worked fine.
    Then, I closed my game and did nothing in particular.
    Now, I want to play again, but when I press that damn button, nothing happens at all. I pressed it again and, obviously, the launcher tells me the game is already running which is not the case (checked the Task manager).

I've tried to:
    1. Close every instance of the launcher, game and Nexon stuff related : Same
    2. Reboot my PC : Same
    3. Repair the installation: Nothing seems to change and when I try to press "repair" again, it tells me it's already downloading. (According to the TaskManager and the Task bar, I'd say that the launcher is doing absolutely nothing) = Same
    4. Uninstall & Re-install the Nexon launcher : Same
    5. Running the game from the shortcut on my Desktop doesn't change anything either

Please, don't tell me to:
    -Check my antivirus : As I said, it worked fine 1 hour ago. No reasons Vindictus or the launcher are being blocked now after actually working.
    -Re-download & install the game : It's so freaking long and I have the feeling that I might still have the same issue afterward...

I love this game, but seriously, when it doesn't want to work, it's ALWAYS such a freaking pain in the @$$!

FIXED :
    go nexon launcher file location
    run nexon_updater
    go :"bin", run nexon_agent
    or
    go nexon_client, run nexon_agent