[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

this is why your game is dying

BalohanBalohan
Vindictus Rep: 110
in General Discussion
Saw the game, thought it was cool and could be fun

installed everything, created a new account and everthing

region locked. Fantastic

now that there are plenty of other mmos (all with similar experiences as this game), region locking may not be a good idea

i'll leave you all to your rotting game
Rezi

Comments

• MylewMylew
    Vindictus Rep: 1,390
    vpn
  • EnigmaTaroEnigmaTaro
    Vindictus Rep: 3,815
    that goes to literally all NA games and not just vindi bruh.
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    They don't have license to publish in locked countries. Yeah, that sucks.
  • MisterWhiskersMisterWhiskers
    Vindictus Rep: 2,615
    cya

not being able to play doesn't make the game bad
    stay salty comrade
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    Cant be that hard for Nexon NA to get the licence to publish elsewhere from Nexon KR...
  • ReziRezi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,585
    edited November 29, 2017
    SirRFI wrote: »
    They don't have license to publish in locked countries.

This is absolute crock and I can't believe people actually fall for it. You need to fulfill requirements to take transactions from other countries, but you don't need a license to allow IPs from any nation to access an online game. Companies aren't forced by a nation to block that nation's people from accessing a product, that's just stupid.
  • Blackbirdx61Blackbirdx61
    Vindictus Rep: 1,355
    Why would you allow access to a country you cannot do transactions with? FTP or not the devs are trying to make a living here, someone will have to pay for that bandwidth. Providing a service to people with no chance of compensation ever, not a shrewd business model there. Its a very good game I do hope the OP finds a way to access throught steam or some other proxy.
  • AeriesAeries
    Vindictus Rep: 870
    Even BDO is region locked lol.
  • iriminirimin
    Vindictus Rep: 100
    nah, i just play few days in Kr server. now i know even when this game make a global server without region locked then still never comparable with Kr server, i cant stand in first 3 ch cause too much player make my fps drop too low that i never seen in Na/Eu sever
  • ReziRezi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,585
    Why would you allow access to a country you cannot do transactions with?

Paypal is a thing, and many people have bank accounts in multiple nations. If someone is living on the border of an accepted nation but their nation isn't, do you really think it's that difficult for them to hop on over and do the paperwork? That's not to mention the fact that I've visited nations that were IP blocked by a company and still managed to find the game cards for the service that company uses.
    Blackbirdx61
  • XXlockdownXXXXlockdownXX
    Vindictus Rep: 1,255
    Move to another country if you really love this game :'(
  • RhapsodyOfFireRhapsodyOfFire
    Vindictus Rep: 5,375
    Rezi wrote: »

This is absolute crock and I can't believe people actually fall for it. You need to fulfill requirements to take transactions from other countries, but you don't need a license to allow IPs from any nation to access an online game. Companies aren't forced by a nation to block that nation's people from accessing a product, that's just stupid.

Why is it so unbeliavable? If you want to work in some countries you need to get things like Home Office (UK), right? It's kind of a license. There are countries that restrict publishing rights to a certain area. If it's outside that area, the publisher needs to get a license agreement for that particular country. It basically happens as two sides arguing over things while they are making a big list of the points they agree with. It's not as easy as it seems. Some companies made it, some companies didn't. It's either Nexon not agreeing with some points or the other half.
    Blackbirdx61
  • havoc23havoc23
    Vindictus Rep: 1,410
    edited November 30, 2017
    they do need to open this damn game up so we can play with ppl from other countries, when i play warframe i play with friends in the uk and in malaysia no problem they need to figure out a way to make that possible for vindictus cuz even with the server merge game still feels kinda dead
  • havoc23havoc23
    Vindictus Rep: 1,410
    combine all the vindictuses into one big vindictus that anybody can play from any country DONT TELL ME ITS IMPOSSIBLE WE WENT TO THE MOON
    Sir_Render
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    edited November 30, 2017
    Rezi wrote: »

DevCat is the developer and Nexon (+ other companies) are "renting" it. Whather the game meets requirements to be officially supported in given country or offer country-specific payment options is different matter.

havoc23 wrote: »
    combine all the vindictuses into one big vindictus that anybody can play from any country DONT TELL ME ITS IMPOSSIBLE WE WENT TO THE MOON
    Each region varies by more or less. Merging all into one (as in client and content) could bring a lot of dissatisfaction (pay to win features from other regions or their removal),. Merging the servers into one would be a complete disaster (due to vast economy differences), not to mention overloading the infrastructure.
    Blackbirdx61
  • Blackbirdx61Blackbirdx61
    Vindictus Rep: 1,355
    edited December 1, 2017
    havoc23 wrote: »

Going to the moon is childs play to getting Gov't, bureaucrats to work together, I work in the satellite industry, a different but similar thing, it can be quite a complicated mess to get licenses to up or down link some places. I'm sure it can be done, but I would not trivialize the effort that may be involved.
  • DrusaDrusa
    Vindictus Rep: 2,100
    I sure love lag.
    Rezi