[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Caution: Extraction Rune

Comments

• ArixArix
    Vindictus Rep: 1,880
    Happy you got the refund buddy :)
  • EbonwingsEbonwings
    Vindictus Rep: 1,790
    Unfortunately, this now makes the rune less desirable. You have to enhance up to +10 just to extract scrolls, now? That's a waste, of time, money, and resources.

Does Nexon not like money or something?
  • DaPlayaDaPlaya
    Vindictus Rep: 885
    edited December 1, 2017
    Congrads to the OP for getting the refund. However, this thread illustrates a much bigger problem many have noticed with Nexon. There is no accountability by the staff and they can do whatever they please. If you're lucky and get a "good" GM, everything will go smoothly. But If you get a "bad" GM, you're screwed. and there is nothing you can do about it.

What happened here is unusual and an exception to the rule because usually a thread like this would be locked by the mods and the OP would be told that the forums is not the place to resolve these issues and to use the ticket system. If they try to bring it up again, it will be locked again and maybe get a warning or a ban. And if they continue using the ticket system, it too will likely be closed because it was already resolved according to the GM. Sometimes people get stuck in this loop until they say something bad out of frustration and then they get banned. And the victim gets double victimized.

You guys need to put in place a reliable way for getting these issues resolved without the RNG of not having a mod silence players and the additional RNG of having a GM read the post and to do something about it.

@Ehgess

FreakingAngel
  • BowtacojrBowtacojr
    Vindictus Rep: 2,545
    Ebonwings wrote: »
    Does Nexon not like money or something?

It's more the heavy handed desire of more money, and the idea that players will buy runes to get their old gear to +10 so that they can use another rune to rip the enchants off.

I dunno how it works in Asia, but I imagine it will be a lot less appealing to anyone who isn't already enhancing their gear to +10 by default.

In reality, NA should probably do it's own pricing and editing to better cater and market stuff to their base, but I doubt they have that kind of freedom.
  • FreakingAngelFreakingAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,350
    edited December 1, 2017
    This thread inspired me to create the support staff thread I did earlier today with a similar issue I ran into with the fusion runes missing information in the description and bad customer support.

Nice to see at least one GM is actually taking action to relieve us of wasted resources in these type of scenarios and showing they care.
    DaPlaya wrote: »
    Congrads to the OP for getting the refund. However, this thread illustrates a much bigger problem many have noticed with Nexon. There is no accountability by the staff and they can do whatever they please. If you're lucky and get a "good" GM, everything will go smoothly. But If you get a "bad" GM, you're screwed. and there is nothing you can do about it.

What happened here is unusual and an exception to the rule because usually a thread like this would be locked by the mods and the OP would be told that the forums is not the place to resolve these issues and to use the ticket system. If they try to bring it up again, it will be locked again and maybe get a warning or a ban. And if they continue using the ticket system, it too will likely be closed because it was already resolved according to the GM. Sometimes people get stuck in this loop until they say something bad out of frustration and then they get banned. And the victim gets double victimized.

You guys need to put in place a reliable way for getting these issues resolved without the RNG of not having a mod silence players and the additional RNG of having a GM read the post and to do something about it.

@Ehgess

Exactly, well said.

Players may end up trapped in this loop of having their tickets automatically closed if it's about the same issue if luck isn't on their side and they happen to run into a GM the first time with limited knowledge about the game, they may misunderstand the player asking for help or just for whatever reason not really care too much about helping the player much. So it's like a gamble for who the first GM is that handles your ticket, whether it'll be a good one that will make sure the issue is resolved or a not so good GM that doesn't really care too much, just direct you to an article or something and/or tell you tough luck.

We're only humans and it's just a reality that not all GMs are that great, just doing the bare minimum to solve the problem and sending the player off so they can move on to the next ticket, maybe the GM is having a bad day or something. Some GMs seem to not be very empathetic at all to a player's issue and will just say "well I'm sorry we can't help you" when another GM would've bent over backwards and done their very best to solve the problem for the player and make sure they're happy, that's a great GM.

Would be great if we had an option to forward the ticket to a supervisor or manager for another review of both how the first GM handled it and fix the player's problem if that previous GM neglected to do so if that's required. Quality check is very important especially with these newer GMs appearing that seem to either very inexperienced or just not know enough about the game.

Nothing wrong with not having a bunch of experience, you gain that over time but if a GM is new and there's confusion and mistakes going on which seems to be the case lately then they really need to be supervised - a player's fate and final decision on something like maybe a ban or whatever other serious issues and concerns of a player shouldn't be solely in the hands of new GMs.
  • BountyBounty
    Vindictus Rep: 1,140
    There has always been a lack here in Customer Care here and every other F2P game I find. This is what happens when you move GMs around from one game to the next when someone leaves or when there is high enough demand that they need more support on other games again. It's a shame the person didn't feel it was necessary to reach out to one of the GMs who has been supporting the game for a while or at least ask their manager on the proper way to proceed.

More often than not I see similar responses. Oh the Customer is just wrong or trying to get something out of it. I had a similar experience recently using my multi-accounts for a log-in event.

When there is no clear explanation as to why they felt it necessary to either take no action you lose valued customers. Keeping a customer coming back is ten times rewarding than bringing in a new customer. Once you lose them you can lose them for good.

Hopefully the GM responsible for such a response uses this as an invaluable lesson and doesn't become a repeat offender.

@Ehgess
  • BowtacojrBowtacojr
    Vindictus Rep: 2,545
    edited December 1, 2017
    Would be great if we had an option to forward the ticket to a supervisor or manager for another review of both how the first GM handled it and fix the player's problem if that previous GM neglected to do so if that's required. Quality check is very important especially with these newer GMs appearing that seem to either very inexperienced or just not know enough about the game

Judging by how easily frustrated and demanding players can get when dealing with things they feel cheated on (Vindictus especially), I wouldn't blame any game company for never implementing this.

Rating customer experience is good for feedback and improvement, but tying it to the ticket system is just asking for bad reviews from frustrated players and nothing else.