[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Caution: Extraction Rune

QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
Vindictus Rep: 4,960
edited November 24, 2017 in General Discussion
Just a heads up about Extraction Rune. They will NOT work on restored items that are below +9. Because I was not made aware of this limitation (it isn't even in the rune description), I contacted support only to be denied a refund. Um what? How is this my fault?
LoLoBooty

Comments

• TamagoTamago
    Vindictus Rep: 5,460
    edited November 24, 2017
    They'll work on restored items that are below +9 if it's a lv90/95 OJ item. You can dismantle it at Dianann if it's a composite item.
    If it's not a composite item, you have to blow it up via enhancement with the rune.
  • QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    edited November 24, 2017
    Sadly, they wont work on my +8 Reinforced Echoing Terminus boots and its full OJ/max shards. The slot to put the rune in is red. Can't enhance them since they boomed from enchant pre-Rise.
    9410f8467322e714430d2c25892856d334f7f508.jpg
  • DragonRiderDragonRider
    Vindictus Rep: 2,600
    I read the description, but i don't understand what these runes do.

Can someone explain it to me?
  • QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    This is the response I get back from Nexon. Really?

Thank you for contacting Nexon America Customer Support.
    We appreciate the time you took to contact us via chat to inquire about your +8 Reinforced Echoing Terminus Boots not being able to be extracted using an "Extraction Rune". I hope that this has not become an inconvenience.

Based from the description you provided on your chat and from the results we found during the investigation process, the boots can't be extracted due to it being restored before. We didn't find a description on the rune that it has any limitation on being used to any items for this kind of process.
    Because of this, the only reason we found why the item can't be extracted is due to it being restored already in the past. However, for your refund request, as the extraction rune has been used already, it can't be restored because the item didn't have any issues and has been applied properly on the process. I appreciate your understanding and patience on this.

1. Wrong. Restored items can be extracted.
    2. The rune is still in my NX inventory. I purchased it yesterday.

What garbage. As someone that has spent 13K over the 7 years of playing, consider having lost a customer. Horrid support.
    FreakingAngel
  • TamagoTamago
    edited November 25, 2017
    Can you post ss of your boots?
    My +10 OJ 90 items that were restored before can be extracted, so that's weird.

We've got a new wave of GM's. I've personally had bad experiences with the new GM's and had to correct them several times because they misread or didn't understand. You should correct them in your response, especially since you do have the rune still...
  • QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    vag3qXO.jpg?1
    Here is the image
  • TamagoTamago
    That's really odd...
  • QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    @Saygo
    @Ehgess

Help?
  • FreakingAngelFreakingAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,350
    This is the response I get back from Nexon. Really?

Thank you for contacting Nexon America Customer Support.
    We appreciate the time you took to contact us via chat to inquire about your +8 Reinforced Echoing Terminus Boots not being able to be extracted using an "Extraction Rune". I hope that this has not become an inconvenience.

Based from the description you provided on your chat and from the results we found during the investigation process, the boots can't be extracted due to it being restored before. We didn't find a description on the rune that it has any limitation on being used to any items for this kind of process.
    Because of this, the only reason we found why the item can't be extracted is due to it being restored already in the past. However, for your refund request, as the extraction rune has been used already, it can't be restored because the item didn't have any issues and has been applied properly on the process. I appreciate your understanding and patience on this.

1. Wrong. Restored items can be extracted.
    2. The rune is still in my NX inventory. I purchased it yesterday.

What garbage. As someone that has spent 13K over the 7 years of playing, consider having lost a customer. Horrid support.

Lol @ this ticket response.

So they admit that they don't see anywhere in the description of the rune that there is any limitation on what kind of items it can be used on - so that means according to the description the extraction rune can be used on any enchanted item without issue, there are no limitations stated on the item description. Then right after that they say they found the rune couldn't be used on the enchanted item due to being restored already???

Nexon, your "customer support" just admitted the item gives no warning at all that it can't be used on restored items and you just discovered that by your own admission which is an error on YOUR part not the customer buying the rune not being told this in the item description and now you refuse to give a refund?

This my friends is what you call bad business and how you lose your customers for good.

I'm afraid to even go to "customer support" now if I run into any issues ingame in fear of them not doing anything and not really caring about what I'm going through like was done here. This gentleman or young lady just wasted $20 due to the extraction rune not letting them know it won't work on restored items and all "customer support" has to say is their aware that the item description didn't mention that and tough luck.

• RugudoRugudo
    Vindictus Rep: 400
    Hope you can get a refund on the rune :(
  • ElleaseEllease
    Vindictus Rep: 1,625
    While the GM is mistaken, the problem in this case is that the rune requires the item to be at least +9 for whatever reason.
  • QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    @Ellease it doesn't make any sense at all. An item that hasn't been destroyed/restored can be extracted regardless of enhancement level, but an item that has been destroyed/restored has to at least be +9? Where is the logic in all that? Nexon or whoever needs to re-code the rune or something. Or at the very least put in the description that restored items can be extracted as long as they are +9 and above.

I offered solutions of my own, but every single one was denied. Because I was extracting the boots for the scrolls, they could've just sent the 100% ES to my mailbox or something. Heck, they could've sent a +9 version of the boots I had so I could extract. The funny part? They said to try to increase the enhance of the item. Sorry, can't do that thanks to the really dumb change to enhancing from Rise Update.
  • EbonwingsEbonwings
    Vindictus Rep: 1,790
    That's very odd.

The rune won't go in the slot even if it's red?

I've done just that in regards to extracting scrolls from already boomed weapons. No issues.

And that response is terrible asf.
  • FreakingAngelFreakingAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,350
    edited November 26, 2017
    The bigger problem is that players are reporting (we can see it right here in this thread) that they're having to correct GMs about concepts of the game, that these new GMs handling tickets might just not know what they're doing and have limited knowledge of the game to put it bluntly.

I wouldn't want to have someone making mistakes and not knowing enough about the game deciding whether I get a refund or not for buying something like this extraction rune that had limitations (can't use on items below +9) that I wasn't made aware of. Nowhere in the item description of the extraction rune does it let us know that we can't use it on items below +9 and this GM that handled QueenofMana's ticket admits to that yet they still deny him a refund when he does still have the item that someone could just simply remove from his inventory and give him his money or NX back.

So now Queen is in a situation where they've purchased an NX item that they can't use at no fault of their own, there was an error in the item description leaving out important information which caused this mess and the GM handling his ticket doesn't have his facts straight with nowhere to turn to. I'm really not sure what that GM is doing but they're saying Queen can't get a refund because they used the item already when they still have the item and the GM doesn't even know why the extraction rune isn't working and instead of passing it on to devs or higher ups better equipped to investigate the issue they just say "I don't know why the item isn't working, your refund is denied."

And on top of all that they aren't able to create a new ticket either to get a competent GM to help with the issue that isn't their fault because the first one that received the ticket already decided to deny the refund when that GM clearly doesn't know what they're doing.

This should be a real eye opener for you Nexon, managers, those in charge of customer support and higher-ups, players need somewhere to go to for help when GMs handling their tickets are being irresponsible, making mistakes that we have to pay for.

Very poor customer service.
  • QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    Speaking to the Customer Support Agent that handled my ticket. There is going to be a re-investigation and hopefully it gets better resolved. Until this issue gets resolved, not going to be spending anymore on NX. That is my stand.
  • TamagoTamago
    Speaking to the Customer Support Agent that handled my ticket. There is going to be a re-investigation and hopefully it gets better resolved. Until this issue gets resolved, not going to be spending anymore on NX. That is my stand.

Hope it works out.
  • QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    edited November 29, 2017
    Wow, this is ridiculous
    Although I do understand your confusion regarding this matter, I have further reviewed this situation further and the reason that you are unable to use the Extraction Rune with Dianann is due to the fact that the +8 Reinforced Echoing Terminus Boots are too low tier. The Extraction Rune can be used on +9 and higher equipment with Dianann. I would have suggested trying to use the Enhancement Tab for the boots and apply the extraction rune through that process. However, as the boots have been previously destroyed, there is no way to add them onto the Enhancement slot.

Thank you again for your cooperation and understanding.
    If you should have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to us again.

Rather than actually do an investigation, all they did was reiterate the same exact thing the previous GM said. Are you kidding me? I was denied a refund for the rune I STILL have in my inventory and was denied solutions that I offered which are more than reasonable for the inconvenience I was caused, but nope! Truly sad and pathetic. Customer support really has gone downhill. Thanks for making my decision so much easy, Nexon! I'm done spending my money on this game.

This is the response I wrote back.
    Rather than actually reinvestigate the issue, all you've done was reiterate the same exact thing GM *bleep* said. This is absolutely ridiculous. Not only was I denied a refund for the rune that I STILL have in my inventory, I was denied solutions that I offered which in my opinion are more than REASONABLE especially for the inconvenience I was caused. Customer support really has gone downhill with the new GMs. Thank you for making my decision SO MUCH easier.

brsxKingRichRiceLoLoBooty
  • EhgessEhgess
    Vindictus Rep: 2,910
    Member, Nexon
    We looked into the issue with the extraction runes and here is what we discovered.

The extraction runes were modified in KR around September to be only usable on equipment with enhancement level +9 and above.
    This change was not due to happen for the NA version until the Miri update. Unfortunately this means the change was prematurely implemented in our version before the description text and change was supposed to be announced. Hence why there is a bit of confusion in regards to the functionality of the extraction rune itself.

We have since notified Customer Service of our findings and apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused.
    Ryr7eCascaOrder5
  • ArixArix
    Vindictus Rep: 1,880
    Ehgess wrote: »
    We looked into the issue with the extraction runes and here is what we discovered.

The extraction runes were modified in KR around September to be only usable on equipment with enhancement level +9 and above.
    This change was not due to happen for the NA version until the Miri update. Unfortunately this means the change was prematurely implemented in our version before the description text and change was supposed to be announced. Hence why there is a bit of confusion in regards to the functionality of the extraction rune itself.

We have since notified Customer Service of our findings and apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused.

So your customer support is not going to refund the OP for a mistake that was on their part?
  • QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    edited November 29, 2017
    Great News!
    Thank you again for your update regarding this situation.

Although I am sorry about the description of the Extraction Rune not being consistent, I have proceeded to remove the rune from your inventory and I have submitted a request for the total amount of 18,900 NX to be credited back to your account. This request may take a few days for it to be completed. However, I would suggest that you keep accessing the Supply Depot and review your balance.

I do apologize for the misinformation that was given to you by GM *bleep* stating that the Extraction Rune had been used. Though their information was incorrect, they should not have denied a refund for this instance. I have processed your request and you will have to periodically check your balance to properly reflect the purchase that was made.

Once again, if you should have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to us again.

You're in my good graces again. Thanks for the appropriate action. It is good to know that there are SOME GMs that care about the well-being of their customers.

@Ehgess Should changes be prematurely implemented in our version of the game, the community has the right to know about these changes to ensure that messes such as this be avoided in the future.
    FreakingAngelArix