[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

FPS drops

BloodySmileBloodySmile
Vindictus Rep: 545
edited March 28, 2018 in Tech Support
Hey there Vindictus community,

I encountered FPS problems, before I had laptop Lenovo Y50-70 1920x1080 i7-4720HQ & GTX960M using Windows 8.1 64-bit and never had any problems, used medium settings and used to have 50-60 FPS in town and while hosting 30-40FPS.
Recently I have switched to PC i5-7500 & GTX1060 6GB 1920x1080 Windows 10 64-bit(had at first Windows 8.1 64-bit, but Windows kept attacking me with messages that CPU is not supported and I will lose important updates so I decided to go on Windows 10), can stay with 60 FPS using ultra settings and while hosting 4 people party 50-60 FPS, but after some time 1-2 hours of being only my FPS keeps randomly dropping to 8-15 FPS for 2-5 seconds. First FPS drop was while hosting Radiance and I got stuck at 1 FPS whole dungeon, couldn't even stand up or use any potions and Revive protection stucked at 0 seconds and I was invulnerable whole dungeon.
Perhaps there is someone who has any idea what might cause it or at least someone else who has the same problem so I could know that at least I am not the only one with FPS problem. I do suspect that it might be because of Windows 10 but I doubt it since I do believe there are many players who are using Windows 10 and probably doesn't have the FPS drop problem.

Thanks in advance for answers!

Comments

• PlaksterPlakster
    Vindictus Rep: 1,705
    edited November 19, 2017
    must be due to over heating
  • BloodySmileBloodySmile
    I thought it too at first but I monitored my temperature and everything always stays below 60C
    And Vindictus is the only that has FPS problem, I've played FPS that had huge combats and FPS drops to 30-40 because of all the effects & many players in one small area, but aside from that it never dropped to 8-15 or sometimes to event 1-5 FPS like Vindi does
  • hornywatermelonhornywatermelon
    Vindictus Rep: 3,985
    i5-7500

This is your problem.
  • BloodySmileBloodySmile
    edited November 19, 2017
    i5-7500

This is your problem.

What do you mean? Why is it a problem? It's way more powerful than what I had in laptop and laptop worked fine just couldn't handle the same is this one
  • BullBull
    Vindictus Rep: 1,060
    edited November 19, 2017
    i5-7500

This is your problem.

Not really, i have i5 6500 here and no fps drop issue whatsoever and the 7500 should be slightly better
  • RhapsodyOfFireRhapsodyOfFire
    Vindictus Rep: 5,375
    I suggest you monitor the CPU usage of the processes first. There is a nice tool for that that i also use: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/procmon

When you start the program, it should start logging the process activity automatically. If you want to hide the event records in the main window, click on the rightmost icons in the toolbar that say show registry activity, show file system activity, etc.

When you are done with the monitoring, go to Tools -> Process Activity Summary. It will load the logs (it may take some time) and you can see in the CPU column the entire CPU usage history of the given process. If you double click one of them, a detailed window opens where you can see the exact time and usage by moving the mouse over the graph.

You can log much more with it, but it should be enough to find out which process puts load on the system when the FPS drop occurs.
  • hornywatermelonhornywatermelon
    Vindictus Rep: 3,985
    i5-7500

This is your problem.

What do you mean? Why is it a problem? It's way more powerful than what I had in laptop and laptop worked fine just couldn't handle the same is this one

It may be more powerful but Vindictus was coded by 5 year old armchair devs and cannot handle multi processing properly. It will perform better on single core CPUs with high raw clock power over multi core processors.
  • BloodySmileBloodySmile
    Fixed the problem, just modified 1 number in config that's all it took.
  • _Kale_Kale
    Vindictus Rep: 1,310
    Would you mind sharing your fix?
    Blackbirdx61
  • BloodySmileBloodySmile
    Just do these 2 simple steps shown in this Youtube video:

All it took was to do this. I did it on my Laptop it helped to increase FPS but at this time it helped me to fix random FPS drops.
  • MisterWhiskersMisterWhiskers
    Vindictus Rep: 2,615
    is there any difference whatsoever between fullscreen and custom fullscreen or its all placebo?