[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Proficiency points in relation to Rec. Prof. Level

OxideOxide
Vindictus Rep: 1,535
in General Discussion
Since the removal of many weapon and armor recipes from NPCs post-Rise, I decided to raise my Expertise skills on my various characters. I'm at the point now that it takes 5 minutes or so to craft 1 item, so I tend to setup a bulk order in advance so that I could AFK and do other stuff. What I found was that sometimes I craft an item past its prime, point-giving period and end up wasting materials :c

Does anyone know what the point spread is on any given recipe in relation to it's Recommended Proficiency Level? Is it +/-10 points or something? For example, say Item A has a Rec. Prof. Lvl of 200---would it be safe to assume you could start crafting and earning points at Prof. Lvl 190 until 210?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• ISnatchMoneyISnatchMoney
    Vindictus Rep: 1,995
    Oxide wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the point spread is on any given recipe in relation to it's Recommended Proficiency Level? Is it +/-10 points or something? For example, say Item A has a Rec. Prof. Lvl of 200---would it be safe to assume you could start crafting and earning points at Prof. Lvl 190 until 210?

Thanks in advance!

As far as I can remember, yes it will be a different color text, maybe bright red ...?-but you will still be able to craft an item +20 levels above your current proficiency. (if this is for pre-buying mats early so you're ready to craft it later)
    Oxide
  • quietguyquietguy
    Vindictus Rep: 1,010
    As far as I can remember, yes it will be a different color text, maybe bright red ...?-but you will still be able to craft an item +20 levels above your current proficiency. (if this is for pre-buying mats early so you're ready to craft it later)

mhmm, and those in bright red can earn you more points per craft. Sometimes 2, sometimes 3....but also sometimes 1.

Oxide
  • HallyHally
    Vindictus Rep: 1,985
    Number of points you get is random. It is usually 1, with a low chance for 2, and a very low chance for 3. There is no difference in points earned for crafting white or orange colored items.

Items that recommend +21 points or higher than your current level are colored in red. You cannot make them.
    Items that recommend +11 to +20 points of you current level are colored in orange. You get normal points for crafting them, but they have an increased chance of being 1*, decreased chance of being 3*+
    Items that recommend -10 to +10 of your current level are colored in white. These items give normal points, and have normal chance to appear as 1* or 3*+
    Items that recommend -11 or lower than your current level are color'd in grey. These items have no longer give you any points for crafting.
    Oxide
  • OxideOxide
    Vindictus Rep: 1,535
    Thanks a lot guys! Very informative :D