[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

North America Server Merge

[Deleted User][Deleted User]
Vindictus Rep: 6,750
edited November 8, 2017 in Official News
There might not be a lot to this month's update, but we've been spending the last few weeks making sure that the North American server merge goes off without a hitch! Enjoy the return of the Ultimate Objective Event, get geared up with bonus Raid departures and get ready for a new character to arrive to Vindictus!

wLckxTf.jpg

North American Server Merge (Still in Progress)

It's time to merge! All characters on the East, West and Australia server are being transferred to the brand-new North American server. Some character, guild and pet names may have changed during this update, and we will be monitoring the new server to ensure that it meets our expectations.

If you have any issues with the new North American server not covered in the FAQ, please head over to the official forums and let us know. Merging three servers into one is seldom a simple process, and we'll be doing our best to iron out any issues that pop up as a result of this major change.

Merge Celebration Ultimate Objective Event

With the newly merged server and plenty of new friends to play with, we're bringing back the Ultimate Objective Event for the month of November! Join your fellow mercenaries, take the Fomor horde to pieces and earn special prizes with each Objective you complete! Some of these prizes might be best held onto for a bit, however, with what's on the horizon...
ultimate-objective-2.png

8MhmRZW.png

Bonus Raid Event

With the new server layouts, we're giving you a big reason to make a lot of new friends. For the month of November, enjoy a bonus Raid departure on all Raids, to help you burn through the Ultimate Objectives even faster!

Hvak9Ud.png

Dragon Dreams Event

tickets-exchange-shop.png

A new warrior is on her way to Vindictus, and we're unleashing a set of events leading up to her grand entrance. Learn more in the Dragon Dreams Event post!

Continuing Sale: King of Fighters x Vindictus Packages

Four outfits belonging to the iconic character of Mai Shiranui, Yuri Sakazaki, Kyo Kusanagi and Iori Yagami are available, complete with emotes of the warriors' classic Victories. These special packages are available for the next four weeks only so pick them up while you can, because once these packages leave the Supply Depot they'll never return!

Learn more in the Vindictus x King of Fighters Packages post.

For more info, check out the webpage here: http://vindictus.nexon.net/news/26144/north-america-server-merge

Comments

• SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    Quite nice rewards this time I have to admit. Unsure if the goal for Dullahan isn't too high though, given that many new/base geared players cannot participate in The Missing Soul Quick Battle due to requirements.

Heads up: there's a typo in the news article on main page:
    November 1st - December 6th:

Defeat Abomination 12,000 Times (NA Server) / 10,000 Times (EU Server): All accounts that participated receive 1x +11 Flawless Enhancement Stone
    http://vindictus.nexon.net/news/26144/north-america-server-merge
  • PifiPifi
    Vindictus Rep: 1,015
    Anyone else missing previously empty character slots ?

I had 6 of 7 slots used only on west (one empty slot left), now I only have 6 full slots.
  • YusuchineYusuchine
    Vindictus Rep: 630
    Pifi wrote: »
    Anyone else missing previously empty character slots ?

I had 6 of 7 slots used only on west (one empty slot left), now I only have 6 full slots.

pifi
    yeah same . i play on EU . but i saw any empty slot for the NA server . And only one empty slot for EU ( i had 5 char on the EU server and 1 on NA ) . but fiew month ago i bought a premium slot for Miri . and he just disseapear ....
  • SirRFISirRFI
    edited November 9, 2017
    ↑ Regarding character slots:
    Saygo wrote: »
    Characters cannot be created using Free Character Slots, excluding the first slot on a server. Premium Character Slots are still functional. This issue affects both Europe and North America. We are working on a fix for this issue and will deploy it in a hotfix update soon.
    http://forums.vindictus.nexon.net/discussion/12313/issue-with-free-character-slots

SirRFI wrote: »
    Heads up: there's a typo in the news article on main page:
    November 1st - December 6th:

Defeat Abomination 12,000 Times (NA Server) / 10,000 Times (EU Server): All accounts that participated receive 1x +11 Flawless Enhancement Stone
    http://vindictus.nexon.net/news/26144/north-america-server-merge
    Still there. Specifically, it should be Dullahan, as Abomination has other goal & reward and is listed few lines above it.
  • Tony2Tony2
    Vindictus Rep: 200
    edited November 9, 2017
    Anyone else missing their shared storage items?
  • CinCityNewKidCinCityNewKid
    Vindictus Rep: 605
    Yes - Just Checked and everything is gone
  • TamagoTamago
    Vindictus Rep: 5,460
    Tony2 wrote: »

Check your other storages even if they're expired. Mine were moved there.
  • Tony2Tony2
    Vindictus Rep: 200
    Mainichi wrote: »
    Tony2 wrote: »

Check your other storages even if they're expired. Mine were moved there.

Okay, I'll check tomorrow. Thank you!
  • SeigakuSeigaku
    Vindictus Rep: 1,045
    So, when are we going to remove the region lock?
  • BountyBounty
    Vindictus Rep: 1,140
    I think you guys grossly over estimated how many people play. We will be lucky to even hit a few of the objectives.
  • SirRFISirRFI
    edited November 12, 2017
    LoLoBooty wrote: »
    Za4QyFg.png

The above calculations show how many completed runs daily are required to complete the Global Objectives. The below took current amount of runs (as of 21:00 CET; left value) compared to how many runs should be completed (multiplied by 5, as roughly 5 days have passed).

EU:
    • Regina 1140-1190 = -50
    • Braha 840-715 = +125
    • Glas 970-955 = +15
    • Dullahan 1250-1785 = -535

NA:
    • Regina 1460-1190 = +270
    • Braha 1020-715 = +305
    • Glas 1264-955 = +309
    • Dullahan 1550-2145 = -595

As shown, the first 3 objectives seems to be going well. Dullahan runs however are already a lot behind (basically 2 days, and we are at the 5th day), which might be too difficult to make up already. Then, there are following variables:
    • It's not end of the 5th day yet, so some more runs will be done (although in EU most people do them after reset time in the evening)
    • More players play throughout the weekends than during the week, so current positive values could be affected by that (as in drop throughout the week)
    • The first day could be affected negatively due to maintenance
    • Following days may be also affected negatively due to maintenances (weekly ones and the monthly Windows update; keep in mind these take place in middle of the day in EU)
    • Dullahan has way higher requirements than the other raids, therefore significantly smaller playerbase can attempt to do it

Furthermore, Eochaid and Abomination goals require more than Regina, Braha and Glas, so there may be a slight issue about it.

Conclusion: Please consider adjusting the Global Objective requirement to complete Dullahan goal, perhaps for Eochaid and Abomination too.
    I have been doing 3 runs (read: with VIP) of the current objectives daily, and I do believe a lot of people are also doing that. The 2 days VIP for AP shop won't be enough to keep everyone with VIP enabled, and some people may simply not extend it in following weeks (to reasons as having enough of the runs or prices being affected).
    LoLoBootyMadcobraOrder5PixelPantsu
  • SirRFISirRFI
    edited November 15, 2017
    Current status - as of 16:00 CET/UTC+1 (2 hours before reset) in the 7th day:
    • EU
      • Regina: 1640 (-27)
      • Braha: 1220 (+219)
      • Glas: 1420 (+86)
      • Dullahan: 1860 (-640) (approx. 1,79 day behind)
    • NA
      • Regina: 2320 (+653)
      • Braha: 1570 (+569)
      • Glas: 1950 (+616)
      • Dullahan: 2500 (-501) (approx. 1,17 day behind)

Note: values are rounded and may vary up to ± 10.

Guess RIP +11 Flawless Stone.
    PixelPantsu
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    SirRFI wrote: »

Guess RIP +11 Flawless Stone.

Huh at least NA is making better progress on dul. (IE in 3 days, busy WW we still managed to catch up ~100.) It is doable.
  • BownerBowner
    Vindictus Rep: 1,775
    the numbers are far too high for us to even complete in that short time span. give us more time please, extend it until the new year.