[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

What makes ranking so important to people?

ArixArix
Vindictus Rep: 1,880
edited November 9, 2017 in General Discussion
Just want to hear some opinions regarding it, is bragging rights that important in a PVE game? Is the crown in a megaphone worth the trouble of RNG for more points?

I'd understand if this was a competitive pvp game but it's not.

Comments

• PlaksterPlakster
    Vindictus Rep: 1,705
    cus it fun !
  • LeXicOLeXicO
    Vindictus Rep: 1,345
    edited November 9, 2017
    If the rankings were based on game play I would care about the rankings, but they really mean nothing.
  • iMiniiMini
    Vindictus Rep: 2,065
    edited November 9, 2017
    While I could care less about rankings in this game compared to other more competitive games where it actually has more meaning, I can see rankings as a sort of goal; an incentive to players with nothing to do. Simply a way of having something to do in the game when you've reached the current endgame.

While it has a positive for some players, rankings don't really match the concept of this game; especially since it's a stat-based ranking, it does not go well with the heavy-RNG nature of this game. Since Rise, the gap between enhancements have widened, so that's another thing. Negative side-effects are also abound to occur; with rankings come drama, the general flexing, and of course players affected by flexing will have certain attitudes towards players with higher stats whether positive or negative and vice versa.

I can simply ignore rankings and the things that come with it however as it does not affect my own game-play, but I don't speak for everybody else. This is, after all, just my opinions as I see them.
    SlothPrincess
  • AphoticaiAphoticai
    Vindictus Rep: 1,185
    Definitely a goal oriented stat for end game, and, personally, for me, a vanity thing.

I, by no means, associate it with skill.

Catfight! Meow, hiss.
  • TamagoTamago
    Vindictus Rep: 5,460
    Rankings are just whoever has the most att limit.