[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

[PSA] Don't update Win10 to Fall Creators Update

euphoriazephyreuphoriazephyr
Vindictus Rep: 550
edited October 26, 2017 in General Discussion
Nexon support finally confirmed the issue.

ZOQrX9F.png

Basically if you update your computer to the Fall Creators update, your will not be able to perform your combos AT ALL with your mouse. Avoid the update at all costs if you want to continue playing Vindictus.

If you want to know if you have the Fall Creators Update or not, a very good indication is if you open up your task manager and go to the process tab. Scroll down to the very bottom to see if your Graphics Card is in the very last tab. If you have it, that means you have the update. If you don't, you're in the clear and you don't have the update.

Please don't move this off General Discussion mods, this is a BIG issue to those who can't revert back from the Fall Creators Update or are about to do it.
HerpadorLoLoBootyRezi

Comments

• SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    Also confirmed by Ehgess: http://forums.vindictus.nexon.net/discussion/12174/windows-10-fall-creators-update#Comment_45859

Anthony tested this update yesterday, and mentioned closing explorer.exe helps a bit, but mouse clicks can be still irresponsible at times.
  • LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    Vindictus Rep: 5,275
    how to check if windows creator update is installed

After it's installed, your device will be running Windows 10, version 1709. To see which version of Windows 10 your device is currently running, select the Start button, then select Settings  > System > About.
  • ReziRezi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,585
    And again, as extra info, you can change to keyboard mode in Options, if there's no way for you to revert the update. You should at least be able to do dailies with that setup.
  • euphoriazephyreuphoriazephyr
    Vindictus Rep: 550
    Rezi wrote: »
    And again, as extra info, you can change to keyboard mode in Options, if there's no way for you to revert the update. You should at least be able to do dailies with that setup.

Yes this is correct. The windows update only screwed up with the mouse's inability to do combos, you can still do combos with the keyboard though I do not recommend doing it in raids if you are not used to it.
  • ThyHippoThyHippo
    Vindictus Rep: 1,150
    Omg I thought my mouse was broken.. Even on kai if you dont hold down LC to shoot xgun itll sometimes not proct correctly. I am on Fall Creators Update as well. for me its not HORRIBLE but it is definitely noticeable. Also not to mention that during Revolver, 1-3 quickslots can be used which is SUPER annoying cause I ended up wasting so many pots cause I was stingy not to change pots from qs1 to qs4 (Not sure if also caused by update just wanted to point it out)
  • RavelationsRavelations
    Vindictus Rep: 1,255
    Thanks for the heads up, i'm still using Win 7 so i don't have to worry but i know a few people who don't check the forums, or atleast the general tab
  • LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    Vindictus Rep: 5,275
    ThyHippo wrote: »
    Omg I thought my mouse was broken.. Even on kai if you dont hold down LC to shoot xgun itll sometimes not proct correctly. I am on Fall Creators Update as well. for me its not HORRIBLE but it is definitely noticeable. Also not to mention that during Revolver, 1-3 quickslots can be used which is SUPER annoying cause I ended up wasting so many pots cause I was stingy not to change pots from qs1 to qs4 (Not sure if also caused by update just wanted to point it out)

The revolver 1-3 quickslots has always been a thing. Just have a reserve them I guess.
  • EhgessEhgess
    Vindictus Rep: 2,910
    Member, Nexon
    edited October 30, 2017
    The fix has been implemented on test and will be rolled out to Live with the upcoming update.
    No more "combo breakers" because of unresponsive mouse-clicks due to Win 10 Fall Creator.
    RobertLiviaMitiashiQuinqueSlothPrincessISnatchMoneyTheFinalEpic
  • TheFinalEpicTheFinalEpic
    Vindictus Rep: 1,340
    Ehgess wrote: »
    The fix has been implemented on test and will be rolled out to Live with the upcoming update.
    No more "combo breakers" because of unresponsive mouse-clicks due to Win 10 Fall Creator.

Glad it's been resolved so quickly. Did the update come out already and is it fixed?
  • EhgessEhgess
    Vindictus Rep: 2,910
    Member, Nexon
    Glad it's been resolved so quickly. Did the update come out already and is it fixed?

The issue has been resolved. We did get a single report of a user still experiencing the issue and we are looking into that report.
    QuinqueeuphoriazephyrTheFinalEpic
  • YusuchineYusuchine
    Vindictus Rep: 630
    I still have the problem even though it is less powerful .
    Quinque
  • QuinqueQuinque
    Vindictus Rep: 1,805
    Yusuchine wrote: »

Same here, if you install the fall creator update after the Nov 1st patch, your mouse clicks are still affected.
  • SkyAngelSkyAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 720
    Quinque wrote: »

Same here, if you install the fall creator update after the Nov 1st patch, your mouse clicks are still affected.

That's unfortunate.
  • TheFinalEpicTheFinalEpic
    Vindictus Rep: 1,340
    edited November 15, 2017
    Ehgess wrote: »

The issue has been resolved. We did get a single report of a user still experiencing the issue and we are looking into that report.

Quinque wrote: »

It seems to be fixed for me on my Macbook pro 2015 (I have windows installed) on the Fall Creators Update. It is using Iris Pro Graphics 5200.

I will update my main set up at home with the 1080 ti and see if it's fix there as well.

Edit: I came home today and updated my main ring. It left and right mouse click seems to be fixed.
  • quietguyquietguy
    Vindictus Rep: 1,010
    Allow me to +1 the OP's message: Don't upgrade to Windows 10. Period.
  • KarijunaKarijuna
    Vindictus Rep: 2,675
    I don't have problems with my left of right mouse button, but the side buttons of my mouse work very unreliably. Outside of Vindi, everything is working fine.