[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Returned player needs suggestion

PlayerOOOlPlayerOOOl
Vindictus Rep: 1,270
in General Discussion
This is my longest hiatus, which is a bit more than a year.
Still, it's hard to find a public boat to pug.

It takes less than two hours to level up one character from lvl90 to lvl95.
I leveled up 7 of my characters through s2 runs but try to do a bit differently for my next char.

Free lvl90 gears give all my characters atk/def about 20k/12k
I know very little about new raids and wonder what s3 raids I can join but not being useless for the group.

Comments

• SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    In EU there are plenty of "boats" after reset time, till even midnight. Didn't have issues with that up to ~4 hours before reset either. Can't tell for the other regions since I simply don't play them, but the incoming server merge from them should help that. Make sure You are looking for parties via "QuickBattle" (by default on K hotkey). What more, adding battles to favourites in there can also notify You when there's a party available.
  • ReziRezi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,585
    TBH I can't find any relevant Berbhe region boats before or after Maint. I've been looking for days. I don't know if they're empty or if it's just guilds quick-starting them, but EU looks like it's dying.
  • SirRFISirRFI
    edited October 31, 2017
    I was talking about raids only. Dungeons are currently not worth farming - all before Donegal oranges are not worth much, don't drop so often either. Donegal oranges on other hand are worth plenty, but the drop ratio is too poor to bother. There's an incoming update which will increase drop rate for the oranges in Donegal, and make the sub-boss drop all kind of them rather than just armor ones

If You are up for dungeon gold farming, people do hero Druid/Enzo with BO pretty often (judging by smegas).

Abyssal Arena (Tower of Struggle) is now also daily for some time, and given how many seals (which got more valuable recently, and will get even more valuable soon) can be obtained there, with a chance for 7M worth Abyssal Shard Grade 1 - there may be some parties as well.
  • PlayerOOOlPlayerOOOl
    Vindictus Rep: 1,270
    I am on West. I believe it's a relatively active server but it's still very empty.

I like to join random boats to meet random people.
    Some lucky nights I can tag along with a group of 2 or 3 friends.

But most of time I create a boat trying to see if people join, wait for 10min, then launch it and try to solo the run.
    I hope the population will be larger after the server merge.

• Yuria100Yuria100
    Vindictus Rep: 2,480
    The main question here is, are you making quick battle boat or just regular on bourd boats?

If you're making quick battle boat, can't say much but just bad lucky with people joining.

If you're making regular on bourd boat, then you not getting people to join cuz people only join quick battle boat for the extra core you get for luanching with a full party.
  • ReziRezi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,585
    I'm going to the actual boat menu, seeing no boats there, and making both boats with no luck.

I think the primary reason why I'm not getting boats is because no one wants to join the Story boats, only the normal boats. AKA I need people for Corrupted Queen and they'd rather do the other Regina battle.

This would be solved if the devs just combined the battles.
  • SirRFISirRFI
    edited November 3, 2017
    Rezi wrote: »
    I'm going to the actual boat menu, seeing no boats there, and making both boats with no luck.

I think the primary reason why I'm not getting boats is because no one wants to join the Story boats, only the normal boats. AKA I need people for Corrupted Queen and they'd rather do the other Regina battle.

This would be solved if the devs just combined the battles.
    I have story raids added to favourites, so I get notified when one appears. I am just not interested in joining them recently. If You need help with these - contact me: [Europe] Nocatia. We can also test if it actually shows up in first place - perhaps your lobby is not visible in first place.
    Furthermore, I am hosting (Quick Battle) all S3 raids daily or every second day (in the 2nd scenario - before and after reset). Lobby fills real fast, especially given fact some people just tag along with me (today I am farming though, so starting 16:45 UTC+1/CET tomorrow for double run).
  • Yuria100Yuria100
    edited November 4, 2017
    @PlayerOOOl @Rezi When i said quick battle i ment this. The auto notification everyone that relies on it only work on quick battle. Here how you set it up.

Default quick battle hotkey: K
    yPaX7mp.png

(Little star next to the battle just mean I've added those run to my notification so if somone put the run up in Quick Battle, not reg on bourd, then I will be notified the run is up)
    There a quick battle guide but i can't find it, if you want a quick none exact guide jsut ask and I'll make a quick one as a reply.

Only down side to this is the level requirement and power requirement for it. For the earlier S3 raid, the requirements are easy to meet by just hitting lvl 90 and putting on the free gear they give you, for Dullahan and anything after, you need to gear up or just put it on bourd and mega advertise the run or use discord to advertise the run.

EDIT: Found the quick battle guide, its a bit old but nothing has been changed mechanic wise other then level requirement and changing attack requirement to power requirement. http://forums.vindictus.nexon.net/discussion/2281/quick-search-tutorial

• Yuria100Yuria100
    edited November 4, 2017
    Rezi wrote: »

I disagree, people want to do the story raid for extra run of Regina, the problem is that you need to make it a quick battle run for people to notice it via notification. Story run, in the East server, are filled quicker then the reg raid version.

Other possible situation goes as follow:
    1. Your timing-player who are raiding at the time are in the middle of a run when they finish it they will find yours and join.
    2. Player are capped on story Regina- least likely scenario
    3. Raid not popular- Sadly the least popular S3 raid is Braha so you might have some trouble getting it going via quick battle, shouldn't be much trouble for other raids tho.
    4. Not many people playing atm- School started, bad changes from Rise, and other bad changes decrease player interest in playing the game might add some difficulty to getting a run going
    5. and there might be some other but I'm not planning on trying to find all possible reasoning why this might be the case.