[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

special sale...

Comments

• CometCupidCometCupid
    Vindictus Rep: 1,990
    Wouldn't mind Nightmare's great sword for Hurk.

The entire time it's just staring at you.
  • ReziRezi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,585
    CometCupid wrote: »
    The entire time it's just staring at you.

That's the best kind of sword!
  • MrGattoMrGatto
    Vindictus Rep: 1,575
    edited November 2, 2017
    Not that I want to defend Whiskers nor know who he is.

But simply not knowing a game doesn't make a person ignorant,not everything is popular everywhere.
    I'm 28 years old,been playing games since early elementary school days and I have no idea what KOF is,had to google it after reading this topic,lol.

I'm more than familiar with the Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter serie since thats what we played when we were kids 'from a shitty middle EU country'.

Other than that I don't see how did such get into Vindi but well,after the CAR and the Anime school girl avatar nothing surprises me anymore.:P

• CometCupidCometCupid
    Vindictus Rep: 1,990
    According to Wikipedia, KoF released its 14th game last year and has been continually adding DLC this year. The devs said they're already looking at 15.

Who knows why they're cross promoting now. Maybe they're porting it over to PC? Would make the most sense.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    MrGatto wrote: »

But simply not knowing a game doesn't make a person ignorant,not everything is popular everywhere.
    I mean technically that's the literal definition of ignorant. Ignorance does not imply a lack of intelligence, people just try to throw it out at others as though it does, sadly.
  • LaosduudeLaosduude
    Vindictus Rep: 3,005
    i want my wet tshirt and iset pet now
  • DragonRiderDragonRider
    Vindictus Rep: 2,600
    CometCupid wrote: »
    According to Wikipedia, KoF released its 14th game last year and has been continually adding DLC this year. The devs said they're already looking at 15.

Who knows why they're cross promoting now. Maybe they're porting it over to PC? Would make the most sense.

PC ports on KOF have been around since NEO GEO emulation. And official PC ports came with KOF 98 and 2002 ultimate battle games, followed by KOF 13 and 14. More DLC coming for 14, and 15 is on the way with them also saying revival of old franchises are planned (unspecific, but could be samurai showdown, fatal fury, garou, art of fighting, last blade, kizuna encounter or more.)
    MrGatto wrote: »

I'm 28 years old,been playing games since early elementary school days and I have no idea what KOF is,had to google it after reading this topic,lol.

I'm more than familiar with the Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter serie since thats what we played when we were kids 'from a shitty middle EU country'.

Other than that I don't see how did such get into Vindi but well,after the CAR and the Anime school girl avatar nothing surprises me anymore.:P

KOF is one of the mainstream fighting games with like 20+ iterations of the KOF series since the 90's. Street Fighter / capcom made two cross over fighting games on major consoles, as well as versions on handheld. SNK made their own version of capcom vs snk also. And if you look at the biggest fighting game tournament in the world, EVO, which has been around since the early 90's (double check that), you'd be well aware of KOF. But if you're just a casual gamer that doesnt really follow fighting genre, then of course you're going to be ignorant of things. Plus, if you say you're from EU, that's probably another reason why as KOF isnt as exposed on the scene there, but has a big following in latin countries, asian countries, and middle east... and USA.
  • The_VillainThe_Villain
    Vindictus Rep: 1,550
    edited November 3, 2017
    Rezi wrote: »
    Maybe they should've gone with Soul Calibur instead~

No, don't jinx it! Now DOL will be even less likely to implement an idea that good!

Hell, could you imagine the thousands they would make on Day 1 of an SC costume event? This is exactly why they'll never do it; Nexon never has, and never will, come up with a good financial idea, and I'm honestly surprised it's managed to make profits in spite of that. If Nexon didn't have unique, niche games, it would be 100% dead.

Lol I'm just saying man. The Soulcalibur and Vindi worlds are almost perfect match for each other. I could imagine Cervantes & Nightmare/Siegfried/Maxi/Voldo (( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)) skins for males and Ivy/Sophitia/Cassandra & Taki skins for females.

And mmm, the weapons too. Would love to have that crossover happen some time in the future, if the game is still around. Just think of all the money and attention it'd all bring in "Kreygasm" lmao.

Though I do agree with you about the last bit. But it's only a matter of time before the uniqueness and "niche" aspect of the game wears off, people are kind of already sick of the game due to poor advertisement/handling and the massive time gaps between each content update. +sigh
  • LeucosieLeucosie
    Vindictus Rep: 2,105
    I want this for my fiona >:)

216229Cassandraalexandrainsoulcalibur4jpg.jpg

Female KoF outfits are great btw ( i've sure been waiting long enough for a top like Yuri's )
    The_Villain
  • iMiniiMini
    Vindictus Rep: 2,065
    I don't really care for the KoF outfitters, but I did find amusement with the emotes.

Still would have liked a different outfitter sale though, but we would eventually get these anyway so all the power to KoF fans.
    The_Villain
  • The_VillainThe_Villain
    Vindictus Rep: 1,550
    iMini wrote: »
    I don't really care for the KoF outfitters, but I did find amusement with the emotes.

Still would have liked a different outfitter sale though, but we would eventually get these anyway so all the power to KoF fans.

*Yandere intensifies*