[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Easiest game of my life/ boring af

Comments

• SawronZXZSawronZXZ
    Vindictus Rep: 510
    I feel your pain. Been playing since release and that update was probably the worst in Vindi history. Can't enhance before 60, can't go past +12, everything is normal mode and no more endless exploration, no RAR and 4man regulars.. I hardly even see anyone online anymore. I might play once in a while for new classes and stuff but it just isn't that challenging anymore.
    SaintGuinness
  • llWoodsllllWoodsll
    Vindictus Rep: 700
    edited October 20, 2017
    Necrochild wrote: »
    llWoodsll wrote: »
    s3 raids are basically the same, except u have to do it with 4 people instead of 8. the boss is just as hard as it was with 4 people as it was with 8 now i believe.

il_340x270.1098620983_jqo9.jpg

OP: You probably won't get too many people here agreeing with you anymore, most vets from your era have already left. Including myself, I just check back in the vain hope that the rise update will be reversed. That said, I know that it won't, the new director thinks that taking the challenge from the game will bring in an influx of newcomers. Seeing the upcoming server merge, I wonder how well that's going for him.
    oh my bad, guess its not, sorry!
  • jonny974jonny974
    Vindictus Rep: 200
    Yes it's truee the game after 2 weeks end up to be very boring, easy battles , 50 item for craft after 200 proficency now tons and tons od enchant scrolls failed so everything u do in the game is just a loop sequence of an unlucky virtual life .Usually in games ppls try search a challenge , here ther's only bad method/mechanics based on rng , and like every rmg games u get bored quicky when u fail enchant on enchant.Actually i'm at the point of quit the game again, this morning failed a enchant 100/100 and another just after ,some days ago day ago for enchant my weapon i used something like 14 scrolls or more i dont remenber.For the craft the old system was fun to level up , was not so hard to hunt pieces whit break off it was really fun go around whit a kai farming stuff now u need toons of material just for 1 point of craft and all is pretty random so let's see, i dont have a properly stuff to hunt all is so random.This game always had good potential but the rng here kill all my will to continue it's the same like 1 year ago nothing changed no matter how u change the game the enchant % is alway bad like ever .I havent a targhet in this game and i refuse to buy tons of enchant runes in the future just for 1 scroll cause the game is bastard so (ok ther's the 100% scroll but it's another point), maybe , i keep play for kill the time ....but nothing really atract me anymore like the first days ...and dont tell me i' unlucky cause now i remenber why i quit the game 1 y ago same stuff ...it's the game not me .
  • SaintGuinnessSaintGuinness
    Vindictus Rep: 1,730
    Atherion wrote: »
    Just think of all pre-lvl 90 content as a tutorial since difficulty spikes up quite a bit once you unlock s3 raids.

I personally disliked how instead of making early content relevant, it got streamlined and had all difficulty removed. Really lazy way to address the problems of new players getting stuck on outdated content because none of the veterans are given incentive to run with the newbies.

I agree. They could have left the difficulty as is was Pre-RISE and just offer something like a scaled down clover bonus to advance players to entice them to help out new players.
    Nnoitra
  • TamagoTamago
    Vindictus Rep: 5,460
    How would you feel if I told you that the current normal mode isn't even the old normal mode? It's easy mode renamed to normal mode.
    ReziNnoitra
  • AeriesAeries
    Vindictus Rep: 870
    Back then, we actually have fears about dying while fighting bosses. Now, you can just pots spam and gear 2 win.
    ReziNnoitra
  • MylewMylew
    Vindictus Rep: 1,390
    +rep
    Nnoitra
  • SheiklesSheikles
    Vindictus Rep: 410
    I don't really mind the nerfing of old content because they're making attempts at increasing accessibility for entirely new players (what few of them there are) which is necessary for a game with such a dwindling population. It's a shame that a lot of the old bosses are irrelevant now but that's the nature of an MMO. All the season 1 map bosses can be deleted from the game for all I care...

The spammable potions though... I'm not so sure about those. They kinda trivialize content once you reach a certain gear level. It'd be nice to have a bit more of a limit on them but maybe not to the point of Neam, please.
  • ReziRezi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,585
    Sheikles wrote: »
    I don't really mind the nerfing of old content because they're making attempts at increasing accessibility for entirely new players (what few of them there are) which is necessary for a game with such a dwindling population.

There's a huge difference between accessibility and boredom. All the devs increased was boredom.
  • SaintGuinnessSaintGuinness
    Vindictus Rep: 1,730
    Mainichi wrote: »
    How would you feel if I told you that the current normal mode isn't even the old normal mode? It's easy mode renamed to normal mode.

I would believe you.
    Mazi
  • PassionSCROLL13millionPassionSCROLL13million
    Vindictus Rep: 715
    Yes they streamlined it completely. But if your looking for a challenge then do Hero mode S3 raids. Those are challenging like the previous runs used to be even with full +12 or higher enchanted dulla gear with all the correct accesories + enchants
  • PassionSCROLL13millionPassionSCROLL13million
    Vindictus Rep: 715
    edited October 28, 2017
    For crafting/smithing, vets knew that the previous system was reliant on dungeon specific mats. An example is making a set of chiulin gear. No one ran any of the chiulin gear mat runs except for fast es. This resulted in asking for help from friends to farm for mats that would take upwards of 20 runs to get the materials. Now, you can run any of them in less than 2 min and grab enough materials over the course of whatever battle you want or just buy from market place. 15k for a blue mat when you need 30 of is not that unreasonable compared to some of the initial mats costing 150k to make an equivalent weapon prior to the system change. I do understand the frustration at many of the recipes disappearing, but they compensated by having them become drops that have a decent drop rate. Enchant scrolls like passion and sig prices have dropped by a large margin to what they used to be. Passion went from 13 milllion (hence my name) to around 4, resulting in less than 1/8 chance of failing if you use elixir and sig likewise. Thus, the chances of getting them to stick went down but they are cheaper. Other enchants like "The Dead" have been revamped because prior they only dropped in SG and that is an obsolete run now (cause they killed full runs). Point is the devs made the system more convenient for the average player, not for those that stockpiled secondary and primary crafting mats from s1 and s2 like some of us did (looking at the guild storages of larger guilds and some private players.) That would be my only gripe, how the devs wasted all of our time from farming the mats in s1 and s2 pre-rise. No compensation was given besides bragging rights of having rare mats?

That said: it is a bit of a pay to win wall because some armors/weapons can only be crafted using expertise, which is a pay gap many players don't want to invest the time or gold into.

And honestly, in regards to s1 content, who would actually want to run s1 for anything besides these things: some area specific enchant scrolls (e.g. Berserker es), bravery seals, and titles?

For enchant scrolls now they drop more readily in easy to spam s2 raids which makes the grind a bit less painful for them, and the prices have dropped. Berserker used to be around 10-20 mil depending on the time, but now they cost less than 500k.

Bravery seals are everywhere now and if you do abyssal thats 5-6 on top of the 20 you can get each day. Are you really saying you cant max out in bravery seals now that they removed s1 and s2 raids? Do nilf and s3 raids and possibly pop one of those free vips that you have lying around in storage

Finally titles. For those that don't already have them, then your mostly too late. They removed the season of macha ones and a few others. So essentially those that were title grinding would already have them, and those that don't are too late. Enough said.

For those that genuinely enjoyed s1 game content, you still can. S1 pre-rise runs with having level 80* or above gear was still just as easy as it is now. If you retort saying you went naked to save money, you still have the weapon. The weapon make the runs easy. If you want a challenge then do it with a level 1 weapon just for the lols. *note: when I mention level 80 or above gear, I mean enhanced to 10 or above and enchanted with at least r9 es which was relatively cheap and affordable to do even in pre-rise.

I understand the sentiment that many vets have about a few runs being a nightmare to finish when we were still leveling, however, as the mmo progresses, ppl that join the game would have a harder and harder time finishing all the content without help from a vet. What they did was kill the difficulty because vets would rarely find a challenge in them previously anyhow and it allows the new players a chance to get to end game in a timely manner.
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    edited October 28, 2017
    But if your looking for a challenge then do Hero mode S3 raids. Those are challenging like the previous runs used to be even with full +12 or higher enchanted dulla gear with all the correct accesories + enchants

Not really... Unless you are saying you don't have 4 folks with ~4k add damage/~20 def. Even hero dull is at most equivalent (but still faster) to what regular regina was with +10 lv 90 armor + att cap weapon when it first came out.

As it stands the only "real" challenge in the game is Neam... And that is because of the spams 1 hit kill moves + death limit.

By challenge I mean you actually are at risk of failing the run. (And to be honest the need to get assists etc really stopped happening once they let us have 400 + pots, guild feathers, etc.)

Note: A perfect run is a different type of challenge that I don't consider to be fun for a lot of folks/a real reason why most people keep playing any game.
  • jonny974jonny974
    i want the old craft system back this one is really boring to raise and farm :( also marketplace lack of those pigments and cost all the wait to much for exaple a 55 weapon u never sell cost around 400k in maths and more then 1 day to farm maths , really disappoint .Never fell so boring tryng raise proficency i get 0 problem 3 years ago raising armorsmith , plus now noone buy your stuff now casue the high % drop... result old player like me thath have raised craft are lucky but new player get really inmotivated by this stupid system.i have 2 prof stuck at 200-220 and it's a pain to raise.
  • jonny974jonny974
    Hopefully ther's a player named Chaon thtah sell 1000+ those blue pigment at 9999 i think it's play alot for sell all this pigment all days maybe 1-2 years ....it's look really strange i done 50 item in 1 weeks ,how can this guy have 1ooo+ item s :/ i dont want say it using bots but use bot for crfat those days is the only solution to get some result.
  • ReziRezi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,585
    I wonder how many bots they'd stop if they just puts mats in breakables only instead of in mobs (except rares... OH WAIT, there's no more unique rares!).