[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Wouldn't enhancing be better if...?

QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
Vindictus Rep: 4,960
edited October 27, 2017 in Suggestions and Feedback
Wouldn't enhancing be better if players received a 7 day variant of the enhancement that they failed/destroyed upon? i.e Player destroys a +12 weapon attempting +13. Player then receives a 7 day +13 version of the item they destroyed. Consider it a consolation. Thoughts?

Comments

• ZeroheartZeroheart
    Vindictus Rep: 7,740
    not really. Not everyone plays all the time. And after a week the player will not have another weapon ready. I remember there use to be a system in Korea where people could bet on someone going to enhance going to be successful or not and if the player loses they gain some gold back (a couple mil i think)
    I say we keep booming and keep on enchanting just keep adding AP when restoring then sell more Nexon AP capsules and increase the AP cap.
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    AP restoration is cheap nowdays and no longer serves other purpose than that, so there's no reason for such feature to be added.
  • ZeroheartZeroheart
    Vindictus Rep: 7,740
    Well isn't that a better system for the player and Nexon market? Sure runes are the safety net for some levels and Enchant scrolls. but face it all of us are not whales and have tons of cash, not to mention booming our gear makes us quit.

As you said Ap restoration is pretty cheap, so that mean it will be great and easy to restore. So booming a weapon and restore with a more Ap penalty after each boom is viable for all players.
    Example
    lv 90 weapon boom going to +11 = 11,000 ap to restore
    Restored Weapon boom going to 11 again = 16 ,000 ap to restore (5 k ap penalty) to restore
    Restored Weapon boom that made it 12 going 13 = 18 k ap + 5k ap (Boomed penalty stays on) +(another 5k ap for this boom) = 28k ap total to restore
    As you see this gives AP will serve some purpose . If the player can not afford the restoration they can move on to a fresh new gear or continue the grind the AP to try enchanting or enhancing their loved gear.

How will this improve the game? Well either players will no longer fear that gear that has fused and enchanted being gone forever unless totally given up on it therefore no regret. Also to get more AP, players will have to literally play more therefore more boats are up. Else the player can buy AP capsules from the Nexon depot, something i believe player wouldn't mind more than gambling on a maybe rune that might work or not and leaving them feeling spending 10$ for nothing.

But this is my own opinion, people might like the thrill of beating odds.
  • RhilinRhilin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,070
    You cannot longer lose a weapon forever due to enhancing. Once destroyed and restored via AP once you cannot enhance it again. Also the restoration was made cheaper for some time now which makes it even easier to bring your weapon back if you had any struggles in the past.
  • AeledingAeleding
    Vindictus Rep: 1,255
    Zeroheart wrote: »
    Well isn't that a better system for the player and Nexon market? Sure runes are the safety net for some levels and Enchant scrolls. but face it all of us are not whales and have tons of cash, not to mention booming our gear makes us quit.

As you said Ap restoration is pretty cheap, so that mean it will be great and easy to restore. So booming a weapon and restore with a more Ap penalty after each boom is viable for all players.
    Example
    lv 90 weapon boom going to +11 = 11,000 ap to restore
    Restored Weapon boom going to 11 again = 16 ,000 ap to restore (5 k ap penalty) to restore
    Restored Weapon boom that made it 12 going 13 = 18 k ap + 5k ap (Boomed penalty stays on) +(another 5k ap for this boom) = 28k ap total to restore
    As you see this gives AP will serve some purpose . If the player can not afford the restoration they can move on to a fresh new gear or continue the grind the AP to try enchanting or enhancing their loved gear.

How will this improve the game? Well either players will no longer fear that gear that has fused and enchanted being gone forever unless totally given up on it therefore no regret. Also to get more AP, players will have to literally play more therefore more boats are up. Else the player can buy AP capsules from the Nexon depot, something i believe player wouldn't mind more than gambling on a maybe rune that might work or not and leaving them feeling spending 10$ for nothing.

But this is my own opinion, people might like the thrill of beating odds.

That would be an actually fair system, i like this idea.
    But i doubt they would implement this, not right now, considering they are giving us ways to get to high enhance level already with the upcoming seal shop update.