[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Do you guys have tips and tricks on using gun?

BoatGodBoatGod
Vindictus Rep: 2,575
edited September 3, 2017 in Hurk
wondering how I should play with hurk's gun

Comments

• KMonkKMonk
    Vindictus Rep: 1,495
    My Bread and Butter:
    • Reload till 6 shells (red or normal is fine); if you can roll to your destination 6 times, you don't have to do this.
    • Unload all 6 shells on the boss (dodge when necessary); this will give you enough SP for the next move.
    • Hit boss with Split Slash (don't miss -- pretty long cooldown); this will apply highest debuff for the rest of your shotgun blasts.
    • Reload and hit boss with 3 shotgun blasts; this should give you enough SP for the next move.
    • Hit boss with Spinning Slash; this will extend the debuff for a few more seconds. Rinse and repeat (step 4).
  • CometCupidCometCupid
    Vindictus Rep: 1,990
    SP Reload will fill your stamina to full, so if you're in a position to spam shots, you can exhaust yourself and then refill for a second round of shot-crazy. If you enter SP rifle mode, your stamina bar will come to a complete stop, but it's a possible time-filler until your reload comes off of cooldown; just remember to keep some SP for it. Good way to stay active because downtime is your biggest enemy.
  • AtherionAtherion
    Vindictus Rep: 3,520
    Sp reduction on spinning slash is crucial.
  • CometCupidCometCupid
    Vindictus Rep: 1,990
    Obligatory: Cat or Wolf?
  • YaDadsDadYaDadsDad
    Vindictus Rep: 575
    I find shooting dudes in the **** face is pretty effective
    BoatGod
  • YaDadsDadYaDadsDad
    Vindictus Rep: 575
    CometCupid wrote: »
    Obligatory: Cat or Wolf?

Succy fang is pretty good to basically give you GS heals occasionally, but honestly given how good spinning slash is I'd say it has to go to cat statue.

If you're like me and trying to use GS and gun at the same time tho I've seen that paw is still pretty good if you don't feel like farming medals, and its pretty meme-y when you're looking like quickdraw mcgraw lol
    BoatGod
  • AtherionAtherion
    Vindictus Rep: 3,520
    Cat is the safest as you would want to keep your wound buff as long as possible with Spinning Slash. When I find myself in excess of sp (ex: trans), I just spam smash, spinning slash, smash which is pretty nice.

Having cat also allows you to use split slash for lvl 3 wound at the start of the raid instead of having to dump 5-6 bullets into the boss first.