[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

[OFFICIAL] 2017 Vindictus Halloween Party Thread

Comments

• vgfan100vgfan100
    Vindictus Rep: 2,085
    Friendly reminder: The deadline for registering teams for the Dullahan event is coming up. We only have two teams so far, and the deadline is 11:59PM EST on Saturday Oct. 14th. I understand if you do not wish to participate because of the possibility of not having any rewards, but remember that this is a friendly competition. To make things easier, if you can highlight your practice run with the timer, that's great. If not, if you can link your channel name, that's fine too. Let's get some teams formed! :)
  • vgfan100vgfan100
    edited October 16, 2017
    UPDATE:

The team registration deadline for the Dullahan runs has been extended to Wednesday, Oct. 18 at 11:59PM EST. The times on the first post have been updated as well for the team order announcement. Also, you can sign up as a solo competitor for your server. There's no prizes for this event; however, it is a lot of fun to watch players test their skills against each other. So please consider participating for the fun. :)

Also, if there's extra time and the players want to do this, we can hold a Hero Mode round for Dullahan!
    Rezi wrote: »
    Inb4 DoL hilariously changes his mind about difficulty and Dullahan is made 10x harder in maint the day before the tournament, wherein all of your practice sessions will amount to nothing.
    This prediction was close! 1.0
  • vgfan100vgfan100
    edited October 17, 2017
    Last update (hopefully):

Prizes for the PvP tournament and the costume contest have been updated. I'll be giving away some gold for the PvP tournament, and I'll be giving 10k NX to each winner for the costume contest instead. Also, a friendly reminder that sign-ups for the Dullahan speedrun event (Team or Solo play) are due by 11:59PM EST. Link to the sign-up thread is on the first post! :)

Also, feel free to post your pictures from the party here as it is happening! :D
  • vgfan100vgfan100
    Bumping the thread again because the party will start tonight at 5PM EST. Get ready for a night of fun on East server and Twitch (twitch.tv/vgfan100) ! See you guys then! :)
    AndromedaGM
  • DragonRiderDragonRider
    Vindictus Rep: 2,600
    Is the costume contest today during the party?
  • AndromedaGMAndromedaGM
    Vindictus Rep: 16,875
    edited October 21, 2017
    M2C1T32.gif

¡Happy Halloween!

ReJ65Rj.gif

My best #wishes and success in this celebration, when the combined server is available do not hesitate to add me in the game, its good to coexistence to play with more players from other regions more if we work in common for the benefit of the community. It would be good to do future projects together, greetings to server east have fun , good day.
  • Vintage_WineVintage_Wine
    Vindictus Rep: 850
    Where can we find who won?
  • MmmBaconMmmBacon
    Vindictus Rep: 305
    edited October 25, 2017
    Winners of the costume contest can be found in the latter half of the twitch VOD.
    Speed run -
    EU 1:58
    Aus 4:10 ish
    East - 6:57
  • TamagoTamago
    Vindictus Rep: 5,460
    edited October 25, 2017
    MmmBacon wrote: »
    winners of the costume contest can be found in the latter half of the twitch vod.

as for the dullahan speed run, EU won with a time of 1:58 followed by aus - 4:10ish and east at just under 7mins. That eu team is so stronk o.O, i was gonna register a team for west but people were busy :(. no way we were even gonna get close to sub 2mins though lolol. i'm not even sure if you gather up the 4 strongest people on west if they can even come within 30secs of that time, probably would need people like dazzy, deuce, scevi etc and even still they prolly would lose. EU is so scary o.O

Anyways nice event, it was a shame that i couldn't participate in it since im west :(. maybe when the servers merge we can do something similar over the holidays or something

My friends on West did runs that were faster... Three didn't crit cap. ATT limit on wep and armor was 0/50/200/600 and AD was 4.2k/4.2k/4.7k/4.9k, so they weren't decked out in AD or att limit. Only one or two of them had full force as well, and one didn't trans. They didn't enter though, since they were busy the day of the stream.
  • MmmBaconMmmBacon
    edited October 25, 2017
  • TamagoTamago
    edited October 25, 2017
    I find it convenient that you have absolutely no proof behind your statement. no offense, im sure your friends are great players in their own right but if gear wise we consider your friends S ranked players then the eu team would be considered SS ranked. from what i can tell 3 of them have over 5000 AD with 2 of them having 2k attack release over above. i find it very hard to believe that your group would be able to touch the eu team, but i guess you can go around and make false claims to feel better .

and don't even try to say that your group is more skilled because i can link you youtube videos from all of them that will destroy that statement o3o

It's a speedrun contest. Skill isn't a factor in this. Class is the main factor, and gear is the next, but a geared low DPS class won't beat a slightly lesser geared high DPS class.

The players themselves are skilled, but like I stated, skill isn't a factor in transderp speedruns. I'm sure one of them will post a video, or maybe they won't, since you're more dense than a black hole with your limited knowledge of this game. I'd love to see you "destroy that statement" that they're skilled players though, even though skill isn't even a factor in transderp speedruns. I had to repeat that twice because information that gets thrown at you gets lost, just like with black holes.
  • AtherionAtherion
    Vindictus Rep: 3,520
    I missed it since I went to a Chelsea Wolfe concert :c
  • MmmBaconMmmBacon
    edited October 25, 2017
  • TamagoTamago
    edited October 25, 2017
    first off, im not dazzy, you can throw all the names you want around but you just look dumb.
    look, i think you're taking this way to personally, im sure your friends are skilled but in this instance theyre just overly matched.
    go look at any korean tier list and you will see kai, fiona and arisha at the top, and sword vella is good against dullahan because she can counter all his swings very fast. the eu people play all top tier classes AND on top of that are skilled
    i don't think you understand how big a 1000 additional damage gap is

Your knowledge of this game seems to be extremely limited, especially since you don't know how much of a gap there is between classes in trans. A transed spear Lann with somewhat less AD will match or even outdps a transed Vella with more AD/ att limit, etc. Orb output, focus stim effect, etc. are major contributors in trans. You probably haven't played for very long, but transed and/ or stimmed spear Lanns are unmatched when it comes to speedruns.

If you saw the GM-hosted Zecallion event too, all the spear Lann teams won. You could stim, but trans doesn't work in Nifleheim. Stims aren't allowed here, but trans is, which has a focus stim effect, orb output, increased stamina, and increased SP generation. Certain classes make use of those much better than others. You can't have 4 spear Lanns in this event, but having 2 with 2 other classes that have similar trans output to spear Lanns would be the ideal party. Class has been the major determinant of speedrun events, and that will never change, especially when trans is involved.

If you want to argue about Korean tier lists, they used to put hammer Fiona at the bottom when she was one of the top. You would've known this if you played back then, or even knew any good hammers. They also made a fake list once, with the creator mocking us on Inven because we're dumb enough to believe it. Not to mention, those lists don't even consider trans. Sandbag DPS is a different story as well. Party play vs solo also has different outcomes.
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    edited October 22, 2017
    i'm not even sure if you gather up the 4 strongest people on west if they can even come within 30secs of that time, probably would need people like dazzy, deuce, scevi etc and even still they prolly would lose. EU is so scary o.O

With damage pots + glitching him+ trans + SP pots, etc, I can see west getting 1 min or less on him. Now managing to get 4 of us together at the same time that have the ~5k ad + 2k att limit is honestly the tough part.

• TheDazzlingTheDazzling
    Vindictus Rep: 3,295
    @Mainichi it aint' me XD why would I mention myself on a raid I don't even crit cap? but good thinking +yes he used "o3o" like I do 200% of the times :P
  • TamagoTamago
    edited October 22, 2017
    @Mainichi it aint' me XD why would I mention myself on a raid I don't even crit cap? but good thinking +yes he used "o3o" like I do 200% of the times :P

You should find out who he is then, he's literally your clone...or you could be posting on your main to make yourself look innocent. Both are equally possible.
  • TheDazzlingTheDazzling
    what do I get from that? :P I don't even talk to you and u still say negative things... smh some things never change
  • TamagoTamago
    what do I get from that? :P I don't even talk to you and u still say negative things... smh some things never change

That's not really a negative thing, but you asked for it by making things up about me in the first place lol.
  • TheDazzlingTheDazzling
    the hell did I do? xD