[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Thoughts on the server merge?

Comments

• BountyBounty
    Vindictus Rep: 1,140
    Bowtacojr wrote: »
    Bounty wrote: »
    I question the lag. This further proves this game is on it's last legs when you know they need to migrate everything into one because the marketplace is dead and absolutely absurd. The new person is charge really is a headless chicken who doesn't know what made this game great.

Lol, none of this post makes any sense.

Centralizing servers has been a desire since the beginning, so I don't know why you think they're acting erratically.

The marketplace is dead due to lack of players, so adding players from other regions would remedy that issue somewhat, so I also don't know what you're getting at there either.

Lag has always been an issue, and plenty of western players play on east and vice versa, so I doubt we'll see much of a change.

The only headless chicken in here is you trying to find things wrong with this merge. :^)

How does it not make sense? I think it's obvious when you log in the game on each server just how dead it has been and it keeps getting worse. As for hosting, let's wait and see then. I know when I played on west and AUS it was hard to find good hosts so I expect connectivity issues. The migration would have made sense in the 2nd year as someone already pointed out.
  • iEatEverythingiEatEverything
    Vindictus Rep: 1,220
    Bowtacojr wrote: »
    I question the lag. This further proves this game is on it's last legs when you know they need to migrate everything into one because the marketplace is dead and absolutely absurd. The new person is charge really is a headless chicken who doesn't know what made this game great.

Lol, none of this post makes any sense.

Centralizing servers has been a desire since the beginning, so I don't know why you think they're acting erratically.

The marketplace is dead due to lack of players, so adding players from other regions would remedy that issue somewhat, so I also don't know what you're getting at there either.

Lag has always been an issue, and plenty of western players play on east and vice versa, so I doubt we'll see much of a change.

The only headless chicken in here is you trying to find things wrong with this merge. :^)

How does it not make sense? I think it's obvious when you log in the game on each server just how dead it has been and it keeps getting worse. As for hosting, let's wait and see then. I know when I played on west and AUS it was hard to find good hosts so I expect connectivity issues. The migration would have made sense in the 2nd year as someone already pointed out.

i live in texas, in the middle of east and west, ill host for you if you need = w =
  • WhiteSizzleWhiteSizzle
    Vindictus Rep: 810
    In terms of ping it's not 200X anymore, I play with west coast friends and regularly see pings <100 that are quite playable. From east to central US I regularly see pings <50. When Vindictus came out we were lucky to see <250 pings to each other coast to coast and <150 east coast to central. With improved internet offerings in the last few years, I can host better now for western players than I could for people less than a hundred miles away from me in 2010.
  • TheDazzlingTheDazzling
    Vindictus Rep: 3,295
    I can already smell the megas 1st day of merge x_x that day I'm gonna charge lots of NX +shy and sell 100% on megas
  • oCharlotteoCharlotte
    Vindictus Rep: 1,345
    Every now and then I browse the forums or even the news page to see if my childhood game is showing any signs of even thriving once again. Couldn't help but see the Server Merge finally happening. It's clear-cut that this is long overdue like a multitude of things that happened over the past couple of years. I personally might play again with the merge as I can finally play with a majority of my friends that were on the EAST server. Now I will be a little mad if they decide to change my name for god knows what reason, and not hand out any name change vouchers.
  • iMiniiMini
    Vindictus Rep: 2,065
    edited October 23, 2017
    oCharlotte wrote: »
    -snip-
    In cases of duplicate names, the character with the most playtime will retain their original name, with character creation date serving as the tiebreaker. All other characters with that name will have "EA_", "WE_" or "AU_" added to the front of their name. They will also be granted a free Name Change Coupon, so that they can select a new name at their leisure.

I agree though; this has been long overdue. I'd say it's been suggested even in Season 1. Should've done it in Season 2.
  • CometCupidCometCupid
    Vindictus Rep: 1,990
    childhood game

Kids who were 11 when this game came out are now 18.

Haha, funny isn't it?

#whatamidoingwithmylifedeargodendthepain
    ReziPixelPantsu
  • oCharlotteoCharlotte
    Vindictus Rep: 1,345
    CometCupid wrote: »
    childhood game

Kids who were 11 when this game came out are now 18.

Haha, funny isn't it?

#whatamidoingwithmylifedeargodendthepain

At least now you know they are 18. imyCpx4.png
    Rezi
  • GucciDownGucciDown
    Vindictus Rep: 200
    I wonder how laggy it's gonna be, I play kai and it's the worst class to play with lag :(
    I even have trouble with people who host from Florida, feelsbadman
  • BowtacojrBowtacojr
    Vindictus Rep: 2,545
    How does it not make sense? I think it's obvious when you log in the game on each server just how dead it has been and it keeps getting worse.

Adding people from other servers has been a suggestion since day one, so it's hardly a sign of the end. Plus, now most of the "hardcore" players from AU, East, and West will get to mingle, and that alone will probably keep some of the more social ones coming back.
    As for hosting, let's wait and see then. I know when I played on west and AUS it was hard to find good hosts so I expect connectivity issues. The migration would have made sense in the 2nd year as someone already pointed out.

I dunno about Australia, because IIRC their internet just sucks, but East and West players should have no issues connecting to each other. I have a couple of friends who live literally on the opposite coast that connect to me just fine, so as long as your internet is decent, connection won't be a huge issue, at least no more than it has been in the past.

Players from the west coast have been playing on east for whatever reason since this game came out, and it hasn't really made much of a difference in terms of connection, but tbh this update is literally just putting all the dedicated players still interested in this game in a single pot (-EU) and that alone will stir up a little interest because now there's a whole new pool of players to party and group up with.
  • TheDazzlingTheDazzling
    Vindictus Rep: 3,295
    GucciDown wrote: »
    I wonder how laggy it's gonna be, I play kai and it's the worst class to play with lag :(
    I even have trouble with people who host from Florida, feelsbadman

I tought worst class to play with lag was Staff Evie? :O
  • JohnKnight6JohnKnight6
    Vindictus Rep: 720
    edited October 24, 2017
    Can we convert our characters over from our old servers over to this new sever or do we have to create an entirely new character from scratch?
  • LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    Vindictus Rep: 5,275
    Can we convert our characters over from our old servers over to this new sever or do we have to create an entirely new character from scratch?

During the migration your characters will be carried over for you.
  • QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    Vindictus Rep: 4,960
    I'm actually looking forward to the merge. There have been some East players that I wanted to chat/hangout in-game for a long time. I also watch their solo vids ALOT.
  • ThyHippoThyHippo
    Vindictus Rep: 1,150
    Hey if the merger works out it'll be beneficial for all of us to have more people to do runs with. Also Late night Easties can have Westies around to do later runs. then AU to do the same for West.