[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Win 10 Fall Creators Update Breaks Vindictus

TheFinalEpicTheFinalEpic
Vindictus Rep: 1,340
edited October 24, 2017 in Tech Support
UPDATE: Confirmed reports of other users:
Bull wrote: »
Let me install my update and see if i will have the same problem as you, will update this once im done.

Edit: ok update is done and same problem here as OP described, time to use controller until this gets fixed, and as for everyone reading this thread, DO NOT update your windows yet.
Mitiashi wrote: »
SAME HERE!!! :/
Got the same issue. Before the update game was working fine. After the update the mouse rmb 1 & 2 just dont work correctly. Its basically unresponsive when you press the buttons. Unless if I Slam my finger every press. Using Corsair KB and Mouse with the CUE software on the background.

The Mouse Unresponsiveness was also only obvious "Within the Dungeon". If its outside the dungeon the mouse buttons work fine, no delays no unresponsiveness. The delays and unresponsiveness of the buttons only occurs in Vindictus not on any other game, application or on desktop.

Although from the past about 1 month ago, I had the same problem when I was still in Windows 7 and I thought that was a hardware problem or CUE software was messing up the game. But ye as it turns out it seems to be the updates for the Windows making the mouse unresponsive in Vindictus.

EnigmaTaro wrote: »
In my case, my keyboard doesn't work and I cannot open any UI in town
Mainichi wrote: »
**** I clicked check for updates to see if I was already on it, and it's automatically installing the Fall Creator Update.
Make sure you submit a ticket, so they're aware of the issue. Include a link to the thread as well.

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/rollback-uninstall-windows-10-creators-update
In the meantime, you guys could try uninstalling the update.
Tsiii wrote: »
Yep, had the same issues, rolled the update back after I learned that it was causing it. I was also having these really bad fps drops to around 10 fps.
So i reinstalled my comp beacuse i had a new SSD installed. And i just have WIndows 10 Pro. SO i basically installed windows 10 pro with my comp and updates were automatically so i have the Windows Creators update...all on newest point. I cant do anything about it since i dont have a "older version of Windows" i cant go back. So this is my only pc system. Can not deinstall update or remove it. I have the bug since a week now and i can't play.. I just know that if i start moving my mouse and click the LB it reacts.. But if my mouse don't move and i try to click the game doesen't react. So i can't play unplayable Thanks game.

This is something that is a huge issue and I hope that is resolved by either Microsoft (probably not) or Nexon, because it breaks the game.

So last week my Vindictus worked fine as I played it with my friend. And then a few days later I updated to the Fall Creators Update (The newest version of Windows 10) .

Today, I got on Vindictus to play with my friend again and, I realized that my left and right mouse clicks were not registering. It would randomly stop working and I would press it several time and they would not respond at all. It was not my mouse or my computer because I can rapidly click any other games, browsers just fine. I can also rapidly click any of Vindictus's UI (Eg: skill bar, the chat window (all, party, whisper system)) and all that stuff with perfect response. However, when I try to form a combo with left or right click in combat. It will stop at random intervals and just not work. It would literally caused me to start combos then completely stop for 4-5 seconds and I would just stand there walking around before I can click left or right click again.

It made the game UNPLAYABLE. I tried everything. Redownloading the entire game file reinstalling my video drivers, reinstalling direct x.

I was thinking what was different between last week and today and I realized it was the Fall Creator Update from windows 10. I slightly sighed as I thought this was no way the case and I reversed windows 10 to an early version and launched Vindictus.

... And everything was fine.

My left and right mouse click was responsive and smooth and Vindictus was playable again. I thought no way that the update would **** up Vindictus and maybe the installation of the update went wrong. I reinstalled the Fall Creators Update and launched Vindictus and then...

It came back. The left and right mouse button would literally stop working for 4-5 seconds and vindictus would not register the mouse clicks.

I have also ruled out it not being Video Drivers because I updated my Graphics Drivers to the latest version with GeForce Experience on the pre-Fall Creator Update and Vindictus works just fine with it.

So my only conclusion is that the Fall Creators Update breaks Vindictus.

I don't know if Nexon actually cares about their game but this is a pretty big bug. Microsoft most likely changed some sort of code related to Direct X 9 that causes this issue (because the left and right mouse clicks are only non responsive in Combat) and the Falls Creators Update is a graphic update as it once you upgrade to it, it UNINSTALLS all video drivers in the system and you have manually to reinstall the drivers again, wether it be intel, nvidia or amd.

I really hope some Nexon technical person or engineer reads this and fixes it cause I know for a fact Microsoft won't fix it as they're the cause of the issue.

And before you blame my computer,
My computer specs is:
i7 4790k @4.6 ghz
32 GB G.Skill 1866 MHz ram
MSi Gaming X 1080 Ti
Samsung 850 Pro 256 GB
WD Black 6 Tb X 3 ( 18 TB)

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/QKhypg
BigAssTTsAymon

Comments

• BullBull
    Vindictus Rep: 1,060
    edited October 22, 2017
    Let me install my update and see if i will have the same problem as you, will update this once im done.

Edit: ok update is done and same problem here as OP described, time to use controller until this gets fixed, and as for everyone reading this thread, DO NOT update your windows yet.
    TheFinalEpic
  • MitiashiMitiashi
    Vindictus Rep: 610
    TheFinalEpic
  • TheFinalEpicTheFinalEpic
    Bull wrote: »

Thank's for confirming what I posted and suspicious. This is one of the most game breaking bug I've seen in Vindictus and hopefully Nexon can patch it out before more and more people get the Fall Creators Update
    187 wrote: »
    sucks 2 b u

win7 for the win

Windows 7 is a case example of Microsoft making something TOO good that nobody will move on from it. If I could just stick windows 7 i would.

• ISnatchMoneyISnatchMoney
    Vindictus Rep: 1,995
    wow good thing I did not update win 10 yet... that is unfortunate for you... feel bad for those with this issue.. :(
  • TamagoTamago
    Vindictus Rep: 5,460
    **** I clicked check for updates to see if I was already on it, and it's automatically installing the Fall Creator Update.
    Make sure you submit a ticket, so they're aware of the issue. Include a link to the thread as well.

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/rollback-uninstall-windows-10-creators-update
    In the meantime, you guys could try uninstalling the update.
    TheFinalEpic
  • EnigmaTaroEnigmaTaro
    Vindictus Rep: 3,815
    In my case, my keyboard doesn't work and I cannot open any UI in town
    TheFinalEpic
  • PlaksterPlakster
    Vindictus Rep: 1,705
    am i the only one who fine :P only problem i had was with trowing the bomb to dulla first click did not work the 2nd worked after but now i dont got that problem any more.
    TheFinalEpic
    Plakster wrote: »
    am i the only one who fine :P only problem i had was with trowing the bomb to dulla first click did not work the 2nd worked after but now i dont got that problem any more.

You sure you have the Fall Creators Update then? If you do have it, in task manager under the "Performance" tab, If you scroll al lthe way to the bottom then you can see GPU stats (they added that).

If you do then you're just lucky you're unafffected because it is 100 percent replicatable for me.
  • PlaksterPlakster
    Vindictus Rep: 1,705

You sure you have the Fall Creators Update then? If you do have it, in task manager under the "Performance" tab, If you scroll al lthe way to the bottom then you can see GPU stats (they added that).

If you do then you're just lucky you're unafffected because it is 100 percent replicatable for me.

you mean all this :P

25419ccf16e8a3a17b7c3b1696a98c30.png
    98b7a3c54c5f6dabf78b0e8f4d2821f1.png
    TheFinalEpic

you mean all this :P

25419ccf16e8a3a17b7c3b1696a98c30.png
    98b7a3c54c5f6dabf78b0e8f4d2821f1.png

Yeap You have it.
  • TamagoTamago
    I uninstalled the update asap. I didn't even try to see if I had issues in the game.
    TheFinalEpic
  • HallyHally
    Vindictus Rep: 1,985
    kinda glad I've been too lazy to upgrade to windows 10 now.
    TheFinalEpic
  • TsiiiTsiii
    Vindictus Rep: 2,175
    Yep, had the same issues, rolled the update back after I learned that it was causing it. I was also having these really bad fps drops to around 10 fps.
    TheFinalEpic
  • ReziRezi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,585
    I just cleaned my system files so I can't roll back... Wish I had seen this thread first. Oh well, what happens will happen.
    TheFinalEpic
  • MitiashiMitiashi
    edited October 23, 2017
    So i reinstalled my comp beacuse i had a new SSD installed. And i just have WIndows 10 Pro. SO i basically installed windows 10 pro with my comp and updates were automatically so i have the Windows Creators update...all on newest point. I cant do anything about it since i dont have a "older version of Windows" i cant go back. So this is my only pc system. Can not deinstall update or remove it. I have the bug since a week now and i can't play.. I just know that if i start moving my mouse and click the LB it reacts.. But if my mouse don't move and i try to click the game doesen't react. So i can't play unplayable Thanks game.
    TheFinalEpic

Yeah this is exactly why I think this is a game breaking bug. People in your shoes will not be able to play the game at all essentially.
  • MitiashiMitiashi
    I just submit a ticket- Hopefully a dev or mod will see this asap.
  • kurosuke5566kurosuke5566
    Vindictus Rep: 500
    Got the same issue. Before the update game was working fine. After the update the mouse rmb 1 & 2 just dont work correctly. Its basically unresponsive when you press the buttons. Unless if I Slam my finger every press. Using Corsair KB and Mouse with the CUE software on the background.

The Mouse Unresponsiveness was also only obvious "Within the Dungeon". If its outside the dungeon the mouse buttons work fine, no delays no unresponsiveness. The delays and unresponsiveness of the buttons only occurs in Vindictus not on any other game, application or on desktop.

Although from the past about 1 month ago, I had the same problem when I was still in Windows 7 and I thought that was a hardware problem or CUE software was messing up the game. But ye as it turns out it seems to be the updates for the Windows making the mouse unresponsive in Vindictus.
  • TamagoTamago
    This thread just got moved to a forum where nobody will see it. I hope a ticket was submitted already.
    Rezi
    I just submit a ticket- Hopefully a dev or mod will see this asap.

I did submit a ticket and this was their reply yesterday:
    Greetings Mercenary,

Thank you for contacting Nexon America Customer Support. Apologies for the late response, we've been swamp with tickets the last 24 hours.

Thank you for reporting this issue. Apologies for the inconvenience. The game team is already aware of and currently investigating the problem with Vindictus using Windows 10 Fall Creators. Please understand that the process for determining a solution can take some time. However, I assure you that it will be looked into, so please be patient.

We will get back to you with a follow-up to this ticket if we need to gather any additional information or once a solution is found. Alternately, you can check our knowledgebase and the game forum for updates regarding this issue.

Also, please send us a an actually DxDiag report in order to further troubleshoot your issue.

Few more items that will help us better determine your problem would be a process list, a Netalyzer and a traceroute.

If you have any new issues, please include this in a new ticket and we'll gladly assist you. Hope you have a good day!

Stay tuned to our News Feed for the latest information on upcoming events: vindictus.nexon.net/news
    Sincerely,

GM Luteola
    Nexon America, Inc.

They are aware of the issue at least and I hope it gets resolved soon. I am not currently at home at my main set up so I could not send them the dxdiag. I will do it when I get home on thursday as soon as I can.
    Mainichi wrote: »
    This thread just got moved to a forum where nobody will see it. I hope a ticket was submitted already.

Yeah it urked me a bit that they did this since this is a pretty big issue.

I sorta just want a stickied thread of the issue by the forum mods themselves and not me to get the news out to not update to the falls creators update so people can you know... actually play their game. As vindi is dying as is.

They probably just wanted to be organized or they just want to downplay the issue. Who knows. For now, the thread is technically still on the 1st page of General Discussion, it just can't be bumped.