[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Is the game still worth getting into?

ZombiecityZombiecity
Vindictus Rep: 100
edited November 9, 2016 in General Discussion
I currently play Black Desert.. Been on and off looking at Vindictus! Is there still a decent amount of players on it? I see it just updated recently it seems? Is it a lot of fresh stuff? Im more of a grindy/PvP when I want to type of person. Like to do all types of stuff really..

Comments

• LaosduudeLaosduude
    Vindictus Rep: 3,005
    If you play on West the population is a lot smaller than the East server. Game is also peer to peer for hosting dungeons/raids. We've been dry on major content upda

Game isn't really balanced for PvP because it's more PvE.

For new players, it does have a lot of grind such as titles and farming materials to make gold or else you rely on big RNG for expensive drops and being pretty much carried by others depending on the battle. Other than grinding, raiding is, the thing to do.

Ein Lacher is a solo only mode and has an achievement system where you can get a lot of titles and combat stat benefits.

These days, for the leveling experience of a new player, you'll find yourself soloing most of the way until you hit level 60+ quests where it's mostly raids. Best to find parties or get some help if it gets overwhelming because it can be.
  • CriminyCriminy
    Vindictus Rep: 1,225
    I really want to say, "no, don't!", but I shouldn't let my own negative bias prevent you from trying out one of the best action combat games available before it gets shutdown. You will probably kick yourself in 2018 for missing out on Vindictus' combat.
  • ThePharaohThePharaoh
    Vindictus Rep: 1,890
    well.. you already jumped into the forum so why not jump into the game too and see for yourself
  • KuaidianKuaidian
    Vindictus Rep: 740
    Zombiecity

I currently play Black Desert.. Been on and off looking at Vindictus! Is there still a decent amount of players on it? I see it just updated recently it seems? Is it a lot of fresh stuff? Im more of a grindy/PvP when I want to type of person. Like to do all types of stuff really..
    As an everyday game, I still like Vindi. There are better choices out there though, staying on BD might be better for you but I won't know that. But this is one of those games where you get bored easily with repetitive farming despite the unique combat system, it's better to play this game on and off, 1-2 month in and then 1-2 months out.
  • ReaperHeiReaperHei
    Vindictus Rep: 300
    edited August 4, 2017
    Its fine
  • NecrochildNecrochild
    Vindictus Rep: 3,325
    If you ever played and enjoyed monster hunter or similar type games, yes.

Do not play this game if you are looking for a PVP experience.
  • TheGreatCreidneTheGreatCreidne
    Vindictus Rep: 2,655
    edited November 9, 2016
    Zombiecity

Go ahead and just try it. I warn you though, Vindictus has this unexplainable pull that can trap you if you're not careful
    (◉_◉)