[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Server Merge. Lets talk about economy.

ShadowMadaraShadowMadara
Vindictus Rep: 2,260
in General Discussion
So East West and Australia server merge. What does this mean for the future economic status of this new server?

Comments

• ElleaseEllease
    Vindictus Rep: 1,625
    Temporary price increases for items you're holding on one server that whales on another server wanted (primarily vanity and highly enhanced gear). Expect price decreases on most other goods within weeks.
  • cheappariyacheappariya
    Vindictus Rep: 1,320
    They should include Eur sever as well.
    We caould at least find boats any time of the day.
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    And stay lagged with 1 latency bar due to the distance to host? No thanks. Let alone ridiculous NA servers economy, turning everyone's gold in EU into nothingness.

I don't have problems finding people for my "boats", neither having problem hosting them due to 4-man limitation. Sure there's a significant drop in activity recently though, but that's basically due to no updates.
  • MisterWhiskersMisterWhiskers
    Vindictus Rep: 2,615

this would make half of EU population quit on the spot;

I tried playing on NA during Kai release (NA got him faster) and the game was unplayable.Action games are made to be played on 0 latency.Having this genre work online is punishing enough.
  • ISnatchMoneyISnatchMoney
    Vindictus Rep: 1,995
    Ellease wrote: »
    Temporary price increases for items you're holding on one server that whales on another server wanted (primarily vanity and highly enhanced gear). Expect price decreases on most other goods within weeks.

Nonsense.. I will gladly list crit infused rings at 600m starting bid each :eyes:
    TitanX
  • jonny974jonny974
    Vindictus Rep: 200
    when the player fail 12 enchant scroll in a row u have 2 option quit the nosense rng or love the absurd mechanichs ,i'm in the middle sometime the game is very moneygrab and boring , reason why tons of player get boring fast i bet...
  • jonny974jonny974
    Vindictus Rep: 200
    edited October 17, 2017
    i dont want to criticize anything but yesterday i was to quit the game , maybe ther's a 1% who ike those mechanincs i dont know personally i dont like pay to enchant games expecially after alredy buy vips cosmetics etc....nexon must point in more players no more money from some minority players whit big wallet !
  • ArcticAzrealArcticAzreal
    Vindictus Rep: 955
    I think this is just going to screw the whole idea of the MP, they are going to strip the MP items which means when the game is back online the MP will start at the highest prices with the amount of people that will show up it'll double or triple to the point where you could more then likely find a OJ weapon for under 1m. Airtights will decrease in price because you'll have more selling. Right now as I see it the prices on something going out there are outrageously high. But nothings really selling unless you have the luck of RNG on your side and you rolled a +12 or higher Dulla anything. The biggest complaint beside the lag of eventful events, is the MP, adding the amount of crafters else where that means that the main EAST server will see more then likely more it just means ruin, so those holding on to the billions wont be making as much. Lets talk realistically for a moment. The RNG will only get worse, the drop rates will become worse, luck enough to get a OJ chunk to drop every so often now it'll be impossible. Farming will become twice as hard. The reason obviously is because people keep complaining about lack of people. Honestly its 4 people raids at this point either you jump in with people you don't know or find a crew you can run with. I found 3 other people and we run dulla, Donegal, and anything else we wanna run together as a group. Half of us can solo BCE and Berbhe at this rate so we don't even have to wait on teams until we wanna do a fast raid. The games dying and after 2 years of playing even I can see that I don't see this merger becoming the band aid to make things better. They need to find a new outlet this isn't it and neither is a new special raid. Once the honeymoon pass it'll just be another thing to do at some point. Lets think outside of new raids, new content might be helpful, when Miri is released I'm pretty sure there will be in an increase in people for a while even if it is a while. Also the rankings are going to take a hit, and the complains will roll in about that, the spam on the mega will only increase Christ half the time someone from another server makes there way over they complain east are a pack of nasty *** hats. So I'm sure we'll see more issues rising between players. This is just gonna be a bigger headache then anything else.
    Also what are you going to do about time difference, while we are in bed that's there day time, etc etc ok sooo are you changing reset for them? The clocks became a mess after the last merger and never even got fixed. I can't imagine the lag that will increase once we open up the flood gates. I just don't see this being the answer. But I guess we'll just have to see what comes of this.
  • quietguyquietguy
    Vindictus Rep: 1,010
    One of the things killing my desire to play is players listing things in the mp like its 2015. As if we have A: the population to support it, or B: the bot-manifested inflation required to excuse it. I just wish they hadnt screwed up this game by allowing the years of massive bot inflation, hackers, gold sellers, etc. I mean, I'm pretty sure i can check channel 1 in Colhen right now and that same gold-seller spam-bot will be there.

Repeatedly keeping their ears closed to what the players wanted(outfitters) and never putting any real effort into the game(events), ignoring complaint tickets, additionally killed of the player base.
    ArcticAzreal
  • quietguyquietguy
    Vindictus Rep: 1,010
    edited October 17, 2017
    Nonsense.. I will gladly list crit infused rings at 600m starting bid each :eyes:

but who needs them? only 5 or 6 whales are left in game to buy them, i think.
  • ArcticAzrealArcticAzreal
    Vindictus Rep: 955
    quietguy wrote: »
    One of the things killing my desire to play is players listing things in the mp like its 2015. As if we have A: the population to support it, or B: the bot-manifested inflation required to excuse it. I just wish they hadnt screwed up this game by allowing the years of massive bot inflation, hackers, gold sellers, etc. I mean, I'm pretty sure i can check channel 1 in Colhen right now and that same gold-seller spam-bot will be there.

Repeatedly keeping their ears closed to what the players wanted(outfitters) and never putting any real effort into the game(events), ignoring complaint tickets, additionally killed of the player base.

100% agree with you
  • MadcobraMadcobra
    Vindictus Rep: 5,230

Europe dont need that kind of merge tho
    Saphree
  • ReziRezi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,585
    Europe is already a merge...of Europe.
  • BowtacojrBowtacojr
    Vindictus Rep: 2,545
    jonny974 wrote: »
    i dont want to criticize anything but yesterday i was to quit the game , maybe ther's a 1% who ike those mechanincs i dont know personally i dont like pay to enchant games expecially after alredy buy vips cosmetics etc....nexon must point in more players no more money from some minority players whit big wallet !

What.
  • FuzetsuFuzetsu
    Vindictus Rep: 1,345
    I hope AU and East players stocked up on Potions and Revives items... because West players going to bring cancer Kappa.
    Saphree
  • TheDazzlingTheDazzling
    Vindictus Rep: 3,295
    idk, idc cuz I have 1.5M O3O
  • TwilightSparkleTwilightSparkle
    Vindictus Rep: 2,440
    i wish they would just give us tir coins already if they are doing this
    Anthonytonyboy
  • BowtacojrBowtacojr
    Vindictus Rep: 2,545
    West and Aus might feel it, but tbh I don't think the market will really be that big of an issue.

Now we just get a bunch of people from 3 different servers farming their usual junk to sell, so in theory, there will be three times the supply and three times the demand. Prices Probably won't work out that perfectly, but it'll balance itself out.

Then again there's not all that many people to begin with, but a higher population means a more active market at the end of the day.
    I think this is just going to screw the whole idea of the MP, they are going to strip the MP items which means when the game is back online the MP will start at the highest prices with the amount of people that will show up it'll double or triple to the point where you could more then likely find a OJ weapon for under 1m. Airtights will decrease in price because you'll have more selling. Right now as I see it the prices on something going out there are outrageously high. But nothings really selling unless you have the luck of RNG on your side and you rolled a +12 or higher Dulla anything. The biggest complaint beside the lag of eventful events, is the MP, adding the amount of crafters else where that means that the main EAST server will see more then likely more it just means ruin, so those holding on to the billions wont be making as much. Lets talk realistically for a moment. The RNG will only get worse, the drop rates will become worse, luck enough to get a OJ chunk to drop every so often now it'll be impossible. Farming will become twice as hard. The reason obviously is because people keep complaining about lack of people. Honestly its 4 people raids at this point either you jump in with people you don't know or find a crew you can run with. I found 3 other people and we run dulla, Donegal, and anything else we wanna run together as a group. Half of us can solo BCE and Berbhe at this rate so we don't even have to wait on teams until we wanna do a fast raid. The games dying and after 2 years of playing even I can see that I don't see this merger becoming the band aid to make things better. They need to find a new outlet this isn't it and neither is a new special raid. Once the honeymoon pass it'll just be another thing to do at some point. Lets think outside of new raids, new content might be helpful, when Miri is released I'm pretty sure there will be in an increase in people for a while even if it is a while. Also the rankings are going to take a hit, and the complains will roll in about that, the spam on the mega will only increase Christ half the time someone from another server makes there way over they complain east are a pack of nasty *** hats. So I'm sure we'll see more issues rising between players. This is just gonna be a bigger headache then anything else.
    Also what are you going to do about time difference, while we are in bed that's there day time, etc etc ok sooo are you changing reset for them? The clocks became a mess after the last merger and never even got fixed. I can't imagine the lag that will increase once we open up the flood gates. I just don't see this being the answer. But I guess we'll just have to see what comes of this.

I feel like you should've learned how to use the enter key by now.
  • Arrow95Arrow95
    Vindictus Rep: 2,515
    edited October 19, 2017
    Se5j4DP.png bring it on
    Saphree
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    edited October 19, 2017
    Arrow95 wrote: »
    Se5j4DP.png bring it on

So your saying you're poor ;-)