[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

maintenance is 6 hours...just for server upkeep?

DragonRiderDragonRider
Vindictus Rep: 2,600
in General Discussion
5 am to 11 am just for a weekly server upkeep? has it always been this long, 6 hours, just for a weekly server up keep? ........

Comments

• Arrow95Arrow95
    Vindictus Rep: 2,515
    Last Scheduled Maintenance lasted 3 and a half hours and brought new stuff to the game(new Special Mission,New additions to the Seal of Bravery Shop)
    :thinking:
  • MadcobraMadcobra
    Vindictus Rep: 5,230
    If i would work so slow i would be unemployed
  • RhapsodyOfFireRhapsodyOfFire
    Vindictus Rep: 5,375
    Maintenance doesn't necessarily have to do anything with the game, but they must terminate the server program to prevent it from updating the files while the script is running. (collecting statistics, updating in-game data, updating server softwares, etc.) They might do something manually, but i doubt it's 6 hours manual work only.
  • VinVinVinVin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,265
    Didn't we have a short maintenance yesterday? What's this? Are we going to start having a maintenance every day?
  • DragonRiderDragonRider
    Vindictus Rep: 2,600
    VinVin wrote: »
    Didn't we have a short maintenance yesterday? What's this? Are we going to start having a maintenance every day?

yes, for 30 minutes for the halloween event implementation. but i dont understand why its 6 hours for "server up keep" today.

i was busy all day yesterday and didnt have time to log in vindi, so woke up early this morning to do my anniversary coin dailies but couldnt due to maintenance.
  • CometCupidCometCupid
    Vindictus Rep: 1,990
    Methinks it's less about the server upkeep and more about the Windows updates.

They probably had to deal with creator edition resetting a lot of their stuff.