[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

How do I gear?

ZhyreZhyre
Vindictus Rep: 600
in Vella
I got my free 90 set, and im curious where do I go from there? is there a specific 90 set I want because im not sure if its random or not as to what you get but I have abom armor, or does that even matter that much? but when I would like to get to orange gear what should I pick? any advice on the gearing process is welcome as I have not played for very long

Comments

• MadcobraMadcobra
    Vindictus Rep: 5,230
    edited October 9, 2017
    i would suggest light or cloth armor , consider what scrolls you can put in , so the best would be terminus or lugh as for 90 lvl
  • KingRichRiceKingRichRice
    Vindictus Rep: 1,410
    Madcobra wrote: »
    i would suggest light or cloth armor , consider what scrolls you can put in , so the best would be terminus or lugh as for 90 lvl

All armor types have been combined in an all new category thats just "Armor" post-rise.

That aside, your main focus should be your weapon, getting it to as high of an enhancement rank as possible as you can. After that, you can begin to enchant it with scrolls and work on maxing out the stats via Synthesis if you are satisfied with its current rank. You basically repeat this process with armor, since enhancement ranks on armor also contribute to your overall damage.

As for accessories, work your way up to end game items, such as Innocent Cry (STR) or Innocent Tear (INT).

If you're having a hard time finding the money to gear, keep an eye out for S3 raids, which have a high chance of dropping Rare (orange) mats for a couple million, as well as Rank 7 and Rank 6 scrolls that sell for plenty. If you're the farming type, head on over to Donegal missions for a chance at Rare Chunks that are also worth a lot. S2 "Ex-raids" such as A Ruler's Refuge have a chance of dropping drop Rank 8 Scrolls that may mean a few million.

Here's a spreadsheet that shows all of the Enchant Scroll Drop Locations (credits to Cube and Bobby9): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/1/d/1bVoIi7UJsLZGGqWgGPZUj8IByxxP0ZMKL6BJXgXGvo8/edit#gid=0