[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

How much difference Add Dmg make in overall DPS?

DefenzoDefenzo
Vindictus Rep: 105
edited October 8, 2017 in General Discussion
How much difference does Additional Damage make in overall DPS.
Some players are really OP, and hence I'm wondering how much impact does AddDmg make in that.

Comments

• MadcobraMadcobra
    Vindictus Rep: 5,230
    edited October 8, 2017
    Add Dmg and speed att are base now . Rest doesnt counts anymore that much
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    edited October 8, 2017
    Basically someone with 5k Add Damage and 2k Att limit will in principle be doing ~1.7x dmg from someone with identical stats but not Add Damage/Att limit.

That said usually the folks with that much AD have ~80-90 att spd, cap bal and crit and they might be using waking stones. So expect them to be closer to at least 3x dps from someone with just purple gear/or just +10 not scrolled gear.
  • BoatGodBoatGod
    Vindictus Rep: 2,575
    edited October 8, 2017
    I have a question about how strong additional damage is compare to the attack stat.
    There is no attack cap.
    Player 1 has 1000 less addition damage compare to player 2.
    How much of an attack difference does player 1 need to be equal to player 2?
  • AtherionAtherion
    Vindictus Rep: 3,520
    edited October 8, 2017
    I will essentially summarize my understanding of ac355deny's post on the vindictusmanual's forums, so head over there and read it over if you are curious for a more in-depth explanation.

First of all, I'd like to address the "There is no attack cap" statement. From what I understand looking over some data points on ac355deny's post, there appears to be a correlation between your attack over boss defense and the multiplier of additional damage. Without going into too much detail, it seems that the higher your attack over boss defense, the higher your AD multiplier will be. So depending on whether you attack cap a boss or not and how much attack limit release you can make use of, it will have an effect on your AD multiplier.

https://servimg.com/view/19754179/11
    https://servimg.com/view/19754179/8

These two plots should give you an idea of what I mean. The first shows your additional damage multiplier from 7-10k over boss defense while the second takes into consideration attack limit release which goes beyond your standard 10k attack over boss defense.

But for simplicity's sake, lets assume both players are attack capped with no attack release. Both will have an effective attack of ~10,900 (this value will change depending on how much attack release a player can make use of along with the multiplier for AD).

A single point of additional damage at this point will be roughly 6.25 effective attack so the player with 1,000 extra additional damage will have 6,250 more effective attack.

Ex: player 1 has 2k ad, player 2 has 3k ad

player 1 will have an effective attack of ~23,400 while player 2 will have an effective attack of ~29,650

BoatGod
  • TamagoTamago
    Vindictus Rep: 5,460
    BoatGod wrote: »
    I have a question about how strong additional damage is compare to the attack stat.
    There is no attack cap.
    Player 1 has 1000 less addition damage compare to player 2.
    How much of an attack difference does player 1 need to be equal to player 2?

1 AD is equivalent to 6.25 att.
    BoatGod
  • AeledingAeleding
    Vindictus Rep: 1,255
    Mainichi wrote: »

This used to be the case before. However since dullahan update it might not be the case anymore as patch notes explicitely say "Fixed an issue where Additional Damage was not affected by balance". But to know for sure we'd have to do some data mining and we all know the position of the staff on this...
    Still, i don't understand why they don't give us more explanations on this. Sure we now have ATT cap for bosses, but as for the rest we're pretty much in the dark.
  • MisterWhiskersMisterWhiskers
    Vindictus Rep: 2,615
    Aeleding wrote: »

This used to be the case before. However since dullahan update it might not be the case anymore as patch notes explicitely say "Fixed an issue where Additional Damage was not affected by balance". But to know for sure we'd have to do some data mining and we all know the position of the staff on this...
    Still, i don't understand why they don't give us more explanations on this. Sure we now have ATT cap for bosses, but as for the rest we're pretty much in the dark.

When it was reworked add. damage was not affected in any way by balance.It was like having 100 balance for the add.dmg part of your dps.That was all the change..
  • CuteeCutee
    Vindictus Rep: 910
    edited October 9, 2017
    Sure we now have ATT cap for bosses

we always had att cap, just wasnt displayed o.o
    atm only special raids and royals arent capped, for a while nilf wasnt either but now is, except these everything has and always had atk cap

• AeledingAeleding
    Vindictus Rep: 1,255
    I know we always had att cap, it's just that they only decide to write it out explicitely ingame just recently (not so recently ? Can't remember when ) but it took them so long to do this, leaving many people in the dark for a long time and having to do research on vindi just to know how it works... The point wasn't about there being an att cap or not, it was that they give us way too few information about the game, sorry if i was too vague there.
  • CuteeCutee
    Vindictus Rep: 910
    nah all cool, but on the other case not so many are really interested in stuff that deeply and who is usually just digs it up or asks the ones who might know things
  • TamagoTamago
    Vindictus Rep: 5,460

It is still the case. It's factored into the equation before balance is instead of after now, but the equivalency is still the same...
  • ElleaseEllease
    Vindictus Rep: 1,625
    It is still the case. It's factored into the equation before balance is instead of after now, but the equivalency is still the same...

Incorrect according to recent testing. One of DOL's claims relating to RISE was he wanted to phase out people sitting on weaker, high enhanced weapons. Now the strength of additional damage scales on how much of the attack cap you reach (or over in the case of attack limit release).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14DrIa9RCVqP3Ud68VlzWUY6bzCN6__gFo1a1tjqIaaw/edit?usp=sharing
    To use this, you may need to go to the File menu and select Make a copy, and work off your copy.
    You can use this to put your own sets in and get an estimation of the damage gaps between stats.
  • ReziRezi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,585
    edited October 11, 2017
    Ellease wrote: »
    One of DOL's claims relating to RISE

I stopped reading there as a single tear ran down my cheek.
  • HallyHally
    Vindictus Rep: 1,985
    I do about 2.5x the dmg per hit at 4k AD, when compared to using the free +10 gear.