[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Vindictus should have a Royal Ball event

Vintage_WineVintage_Wine
Vindictus Rep: 850
in General Discussion
In a Nexon MMORPG game I used to play (Dark Ages), they used to hold a Royal Ball every in-game "year". On the morning of the event, fancy clothing was available to buy (for gold) along with stuff like masks. The ball was held inside a castle that wasn't usually open to the public. Inside there was dancing, food, trivia, chats with Devs and giveaways of potions that had short term silly/cute/funny effects. There were also some stuff like voting for couple of the ball, best outfit, etc.
I just feel like Vindictus needs more social events where players actually interact and something like this may work.
clickhere

Comments

• ReziRezi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,585
    That's what Mabinogi's for.

Vindictus's cash model would take your idea, lead it into a dark corner, open its mysterious cloak of knockoff cell phones, and leave you feeling dirty inside.
  • quietguyquietguy
    Vindictus Rep: 1,010
    Yeah - Vindi's like Disney: they need a sign out front that says "Bring Money."
    PixelPantsuRezi
  • PixelPantsuPixelPantsu
    Vindictus Rep: 1,960
    Yes, please another event that wants our cash
    anime-facepalm-gif.gif
    Rezi
  • Vintage_WineVintage_Wine
    Vindictus Rep: 850
    To be fair, you didn't HAVE to buy outfits that were offered. You could go to the ball free of charge.
  • ReziRezi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,585
    I don't think you understand. Perhaps in Dark Ages it was easy to get a Cinderella smock to get into the party, but in Vindi the bouncer won't let you in without that fat cash.
  • SuhpremeSuhpreme
    Vindictus Rep: 3,935
    vindictus should also have a glaive weapon for lynn with a giant flag attached to it
  • BowtacojrBowtacojr
    Vindictus Rep: 2,545
    I'd argue against it because the vast majority of Vindictus players are hideous in their aesthetic choices.

Unless it was a costume ball with a monster theme...
  • LumenarcLumenarc
    Vindictus Rep: 550
    I think it could be fun. Or do it like how Mabinogi does their weekly ball (unless they don't do it anymore... I haven't played in forever) - Have it run weekly, probably Saturday, for an hour or more, and have participants gain either EXP, or AP every minute for participating (maybe 5 or 10 AP per minute... that wouldn't be too broken for any level, I think), and have participants also entered in a drawing at the end of the event if they stayed the whole time.