[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Whats the point of Hero raids?

IanIan
Vindictus Rep: 605
in General Discussion
I'm assuming S1 doesn't drop anything whatsoever, but what about S2-3? Also, what are the stat caps for hero S3?

Haven't played much since before the Rise update so I'm pretty clueless.

Comments

• ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    Basically for the game to be a bit fun. Still the key issue is only S3 hero is any challenge for a fully geared person. The hero raids give 1 extra core and you get the hero package that is usually junk . I have no clue on the stats, just that it Dull can go through 20k def fairly easily.
  • ElleaseEllease
    Vindictus Rep: 1,625
    Hero S3 has the same attack caps as their regular versions (but the bosses have 3k more defense, so they're tankier by default). Bosses have 3x hp, and 3000 more attack. One extra core drops, more gold drops as a mission reward. Hero Dullahan becomes nearly as tanky as a full Neamhain run.
  • MadcobraMadcobra
    Vindictus Rep: 5,230
    Players were crying that s3 raids are to short so they created hero . As for the extracore, hmmm so far i didnt get nothing valuable from hero mode only from normal mode , so about extra core it may be fake story
  • The_VillainThe_Villain
    Vindictus Rep: 1,550
    Players: Hey, can we have hero mode back for old content

DevCat: So.. For old story quest raids, and s3 raids only

Players: No, for all..

DevCat: Just for old story quest raids and s3 raids only, got'cha.
  • MisterWhiskersMisterWhiskers
    Vindictus Rep: 2,615

s2 and s3 have hero mode

why in the world are you still crying about s1? It makes me wonder how many people were religiously farming s1 battles just for the sake of "fun";oh right,nobody was doing those unless they had a valuable scroll drop like force from Windgun or master ES from chicken boss in fomorian base
    EnigmaTaro
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    s2 and s3 have hero mode

why in the world are you still crying about s1? It makes me wonder how many people were religiously farming s1 battles just for the sake of "fun";oh right,nobody was doing those unless they had a valuable scroll drop like force from Windgun or master ES from chicken boss in fomorian base

That isn't true at all... The only hero modes I would run for fun were S1. (Glas in particular, but I would run though all the Roch raids often enough.)
    The_Villain
  • IanIan
    Vindictus Rep: 605

Believe it or not, a good portion of players liked to run things for fun instead of grinding for gear. Hero WQ, Ingkells, Irukul, Black Belly and Colru were all pretty fun, those are the only ones I miss that we can't do anymore.

It'd be cool if older Hero raids like Glas, Titan and Thor could get the speed buffs back. It's nice that they take more than 30 seconds to beat now but they feel slow after running them on Hero so many times.
    The_Villain
  • dazedgumballdazedgumball
    Vindictus Rep: 7,725
    I did Hero Raids for making clash videos. Now, most of season 1 bosses can't be clashed anymore because they'll never do that one attack where you can clash.
  • The_VillainThe_Villain
    Vindictus Rep: 1,550

s2 and s3 have hero mode

Ty to Ian and Ikevi for already answering the question, but since it was asked I might as well go into a little depth. Well for one, I was one of those people who liked to practice and "git gud" as someone like you would say. Two, higher difficulty that could give older content some sort of challenging aspect. Three, battles were fun and lasted longer than 30-freaking-seconds LOL. There was literally no point at all to remove any of the difficulties. In fact, they were more suited towards the "new players" they claimed the RISE update was for.

Easy mode: Used to either test the battle, or get it over with quicker; just without seals.

Normal mode: Quicker, not quite able to handle the harder difficulties yet.

Hard mode: Universally used by all, convenient, medium difficulty that felt inclusive for both new and old players.

Hero: Fun, test of skill, shenanigans.

You'd be amazed at what people did what, and for what reasons, since they'd most likely differ from yours. "Nobody" when there were actually a lot of people, which most of them quit since the game became so stale without hard & hero modes specifically, that enjoyed stuff like that. If anything, they should've just expanded hero mode across all the maps, would've made much more sense to do that rather than alienating older players in hopes to attract new ones. Hell, there were even people who would host late night hero s1 raids so there was always something to do; can barely find any raids/runs now with how the current game is lol. Just to answer your question~

• Ryr7eRyr7e
    Vindictus Rep: 640
    Disappointed that hero didnt increase boss attack speed. Uninteresting.
  • RiceMonsterRiceMonster
    Vindictus Rep: 850
    I actually really like the hero S3 raids. Rise changes made S3 normal raids so boring, but playing them on hero mode now makes them feel (to some extent) as difficult as they were when they first came out. These hero raids have reminded me what fun feels like. But it doesn't seem that many others feel the same way since no one seems to join my boats :/