[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

You can no longer kick people from boats anymore?

Comments

• BownerBowner
    Vindictus Rep: 1,775
    Tayla wrote: »
    A host should have a right to kick from their boats for whatever reason. Nexon needs to bring that feature back. If I setup a boat and am not happy with the party or am waiting on a friend then I should be able to kick. Remaking a party can take too long. If you're remaking for friends there is still a good chance they won't make the boat since others can join the boat faster. You can ask a player to leave but it doesn't mean they will. Some players just for spite will not leave and/or will keep rejoining if you remake.

I personally am tired of the free level 90 gear people who make no effort to upgrade their gear...even with the cheap accessories...being in my runs. They constantly die and contribute close to nothing to damage which obviously in turn lengthens the run. There are also the players you know afk, don't bring pots blah blah blah. As I said before...if i'm hosting a boat I should have the right to kick whomever I want.

I have chosen to help rid myself of the free level 90 gear people by setting up Hero raids which takes longer but you get another xtra drop and a Hero box. And yes I know I can set battle requirements but I have to do that at the board and people just don't check the board. They want the extra drop and the convenience of joining a run through QB.

Some hosts have resorted to not even hosting anymore due to this change which in turn reduces the amount of boats that are even available for raiding. Nexon please bring back this feature.

wrong,QB means join-and-GO.That is why they have minimum requirements.Once you meet those the leader should have no right to kick you (unless u afk or troll;but kick option exists for that)
    If the deadweight teammates are an issue they should put higher requirements for all runs

such a noob answer. the minimal requirements is based on mostly power. ive seen people with good attack and low defence and they are constantly dead. it happens a lot since they gave away free lvl 90 gear. i can use my level 50 gear with my main weapon and still join boats, i die a lot but hey atleast i can join right?? ermm wrong, if you die a lot then you dont belong in that raid, youre not contributing apart from giving people the revive titles.
  • RhilinRhilin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,070
    People often forget that people will die when they are new to something. You sound like everyone could do Neamhain from the get go without failing a lot.
  • MadcobraMadcobra
    Vindictus Rep: 5,230
    Rhilin wrote: »
    People often forget that people will die when they are new to something. You sound like everyone could do Neamhain from the get go without failing a lot.

Neamhain doesnt have train mode like s3 and rest of raids
  • RyanReynoldsRyanReynolds
    Vindictus Rep: 1,795
    They could at least make it so that people on your block list can't join your boat.
    Order5SlothPrincessJamesGrossIcygoddess
  • GricielGriciel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,010
    Bowner wrote: »
    Tayla wrote: »
    A host should have a right to kick from their boats for whatever reason. Nexon needs to bring that feature back. If I setup a boat and am not happy with the party or am waiting on a friend then I should be able to kick. Remaking a party can take too long. If you're remaking for friends there is still a good chance they won't make the boat since others can join the boat faster. You can ask a player to leave but it doesn't mean they will. Some players just for spite will not leave and/or will keep rejoining if you remake.

I personally am tired of the free level 90 gear people who make no effort to upgrade their gear...even with the cheap accessories...being in my runs. They constantly die and contribute close to nothing to damage which obviously in turn lengthens the run. There are also the players you know afk, don't bring pots blah blah blah. As I said before...if i'm hosting a boat I should have the right to kick whomever I want.

I have chosen to help rid myself of the free level 90 gear people by setting up Hero raids which takes longer but you get another xtra drop and a Hero box. And yes I know I can set battle requirements but I have to do that at the board and people just don't check the board. They want the extra drop and the convenience of joining a run through QB.

Some hosts have resorted to not even hosting anymore due to this change which in turn reduces the amount of boats that are even available for raiding. Nexon please bring back this feature.

wrong,QB means join-and-GO.That is why they have minimum requirements.Once you meet those the leader should have no right to kick you (unless u afk or troll;but kick option exists for that)
    If the deadweight teammates are an issue they should put higher requirements for all runs

such a noob answer. the minimal requirements is based on mostly power. ive seen people with good attack and low defence and they are constantly dead. it happens a lot since they gave away free lvl 90 gear. i can use my level 50 gear with my main weapon and still join boats, i die a lot but hey atleast i can join right?? ermm wrong, if you die a lot then you dont belong in that raid, youre not contributing apart from giving people the revive titles.

Uhm. Your answer is quite strange.
    In common sense, if you're a host, you hold more resonsibilities than other players to complete a run. This is the most basic thing if you want to host and want other people to join your party. As a host, you have to finish the battle no matter what happens. And if you're a host, but you look for strong people only, then don't host, let other people host, or start your own boat.
    4 or 3 or 2 weak people in a party and so what? What will happen if you finish a battle slower? A power cut?
    The fact that you need strong people to be in your party is the same reason as leechers, you want other people to complete the run, not help to complete a run. How do I know this? Because you said you based on what people wear to kick, and not event care if they are newbies, they have just started a new character or not.
    After all, it is you not strong enough to finish a battle, but strong enough to go on this forum, blaming people for dragging you down, or is it you dragging yourself down? And you're not much different from other leechers, they don't host, you host.
    Please go somewhere else, make your elite party, and leave the QB.

Rezi
  • RhapsodyOfFireRhapsodyOfFire
    Vindictus Rep: 5,375
    edited October 5, 2017
    I think the old kick was way better. Some people open public boats because they want to fill the boat as fast as possible while they are asking their friends and guild mates in the meantime. If they don't answer or if they want to then randoms can take their places.

It's not black and white that there are only the elites and the noobs and "it must be an elitist if he/she kicks me". It depends on why you play. You wanna gang up with an elite group to boost your ego or you just wanna enjoy playing with others. If you just enjoy playing and you can solo or duo the raid with someone in your party then you won't care about anyone's stats. At the same time you can open your own boat or ask someone on your friend list to open one.

In addition, it's the host's machine that is used heavily while hosting, so i guess they should have the right to just kick people...
    MadcobraDrachus
  • TaylaTayla
    Vindictus Rep: 650
    I wonder how many here that are against the 'kick' option for the host actually can host?
  • ReziRezi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,585
    I've hosted before. Not perfectly, but well enough. The only times I've ever had to kick someone was because they went afk and wouldn't push Ready. The vast majority of weak players, from what I've seen, quit within one minute of the battle, so they don't need to be kicked - they excuse themselves, which is even worse. I'd much prefer a weak player giving a bit more DPS to the party than waiting an extra hour or two for one strong player that's going to leave the boat themselves because they're elitist or DC halfway through.
  • MrGattoMrGatto
    Vindictus Rep: 1,575
    edited October 5, 2017
    Lolwat,I don't really keep up to date with the game anymore but this is just lol.

I've used to host stuff for a long time,even when I had a crappy pc/decent connection so my own enjoyment was pretty much killed with the low fps but at least I could kick whoever I did not like. 'low fps as in fine for the party but not much for me'

How am I supposed to keep up with my 'kick/block' list with this change?
    No I simply don't want to play with certain ppl or guilds if I happen to host a public run cause annoying ppl ruin my entire fun in the run/game.

As long as the game stays with this peer to peer hosting system I do want to be able to controll whos allowed to be in my runs or not.

+1 nail in the coffin for this game.
  • MisterWhiskersMisterWhiskers
    Vindictus Rep: 2,615
    the beauty of these rants is that nex/devcat will change nothing no matter how hard peope QQ

i love it
  • CometCupidCometCupid
    Vindictus Rep: 1,990
    the beauty of these rants is that nex/devcat will change nothing no matter how hard peope QQ

i love it

Essentially arguing over another country's politics. The longevity of this change is in the hands of the Korean people.
  • The_VillainThe_Villain
    Vindictus Rep: 1,550
    Guess I'll weigh in here. Host should have the ability to kick people. They went through the effort to set up the boat, so it's their right to do so. While I do get annoyed when people kick because "waiting on a friend", I understand 'cause it's a friend and it's their boat even though at the same time it's much harder to find a boat.

There's also the thing of not liking a certain person(s) and not wanting them on your boat to take up space, that's okay. You should have every right to kick that person. Nobody is obligated to put with someone they don't like, be they "strong" or "weak" on a game. That's why there's a block list, that's why there's private parties, and probably a huge reason as to why the kick option was ever a thing in the first place. That's a huge step backwards, as DevCat loves to take apparently with recent changes.

The host of the party should have every right to kick someone for not really having the stats to contribute anything to the success of the run, it's okay to want a successful run. We've all been in parties where the success of a run was jeopardized due to poorly geared people that didn't know what they were doing, IE- Kraken before Nerf, Lavasat, especially during certain level up/jump events.. The free gear gives new players the false perception that it's good enough, especially since you can easily steamroll through s1 and 2, just to have the difficulty suddenly spike when they hit s3 and end up being dead weight since they didn't bother to really learn their characters or game mechanics enough. It's annoying having to constantly babysit people like this, and really eats away at any fun to be had.

Though I will say this much, nobody in this game was born a pro. Everyone was a newbie once, so this whole "elitist" mentality thing is incredibly hypocritical since someone had to carry your weight for you at some point. There's people now who have really good stats but are still bad at the game, so meh.

With all that said.. DevCat should bring back the kick feature.. As well as incorporate an "Invitation Only/Private Party" option for QB, which should've been done in the first place. That way, the people who want to play with just their friends can, and QB can still be ran with randoms by choice, and/or kick people they don't like.. It's literally common sense.
  • RhilinRhilin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,070
    In responce to the last 6 or so posts. Make a party from the board which has private party and you can kick/keep your blocklist filter on. I believe you forgetting there are other otpions in raid departure which include the features you desperately need.
    GricielReziPhoebeHalliwel