[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

After 3-4 years, I'm laying down my sword.

Comments

• AquasolAquasol
    Vindictus Rep: 2,650
    Please do not spambump, PlayerOOOl, and thank you. You can use the edit function if you need to add something and no one else has posted since yours.
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765

Kind of why I don't care about getting +15 anymore.

Meanwhile Every other kai is like:

Aqua22
  • TheGreatCreidneTheGreatCreidne
    Vindictus Rep: 2,655
    Ikarsu
    Ikarsu said:

Kind of why I don't care about getting +15 anymore.

Meanwhile Every other kai is like:

The only thing I want from anything above +10 is speed. Idc about the rest lol

• NecrochildNecrochild
    Vindictus Rep: 3,325
    TheGreatCreidne

The only thing I want from anything above +10 is speed. Idc about the rest lol

That additional damage is the best part.
  • ThyNameIsSpazzyThyNameIsSpazzy
    Vindictus Rep: 1,820
    Who is this ?

Dokkun
  • KuaidianKuaidian
    Vindictus Rep: 740
    It took me only 2 years to lay down my sword, not officially though, but I get where you are coming from you've had enough.
    A bit off-topic, Vindictus clearly isn't what it used to be and everytime I go on I would wish to experience that feeling that I experienced years ago when I first started playing. As much as I hope for that nostalgia again it'll never happen because we're in 2016, 6 years after official release and counting. Sure, playerbase is lower than ever and there are talks about server-merge but it is what it is and it'll keep the game alive. It's time we let go of that unrealistic expectation of reliving our childhood dreams and move on. This game is old now and if you've had enough, just let go there's no need to "do" yourself anymore for a game like this after having been there and done that.

Here's the thing too, for me, I wish I could go back in time and experience this game when it was popular again, but at the same time... I don't which sounds contradicting but it's just that there were good things I liked about this game in the past and there are good thing I like about it now, after having 4 minute havan/kraken runs and not seeing anymore attack requirement on boats or struggling to craft that lv.50 or 60 weapon, this game has evolved and whether in the right or wrong direction is irrelevant. I bet even if I were to re-live the old vindi again, I would still want to switch back to today's after a day or two and after seeing it's evolution because everything is just so easy now and I've finally reached end-game after playing for years, it'd be a waste to give up now. I totally understand people getting sick of the whole grindfest and the cycle of breaking items but that's how this game has always been traditionally.
    So just ask yourself, 3-4 years is alot of time invested, is it really worth laying down your sword right now? If this game is boring for you now and you think it's "dying" like most ppl say it is, then just don't play. I get it too, btw, it's a cash-grab at this stage but all that effort already put into the game man..
  • HeartCardHeartCard
    Vindictus Rep: 1,015
    edited November 10, 2016
    >Game isn't free to play!
    Meanwhile all the money I've spent has been purely for cosmetic purposes, been playing since Beta, been at the tippy top of fifis all the way til I stopped being able to play two years ago...
    Yeah...Game is sooooo not free to play. Deeeefinitely have to pay to be able to keep up with other players. Definitely can't abuse the market or anything.

>100 hours in a year.
    So you didn't play much then? Out of the rough 9000hours per year, you spent only 1% of your time on Vindi. Do you...Do you not have friends? I mean that sincerely. Do you have zero friends who play Vindi? Because that's the real reason most of us stayed playing Vindi even when we had cleared all content and maxed out as much as viably possible patch after patch. Because we had friends to play with, to chat with, and often times we'd help new guildmembers or just downright new players.

>Game is never getting any better.
    Neither is Soul Reaver, Sonic Adventure 2, Metal Gear Rising, Tales of Xilia, or Soul Calibur 3. Yet I still play those games every once in awhile. And those are just [single] player games.
    Been playing Fall of Cybertron since it launched, it certainly hasn't gotten any better. Could say the same for Hawken nearly.
    Even IF Vindictus never gets better, it's still already a good game. You may get tired and leave it for awhile, but chances are you'll come back.

Especially once you try a dozen new MMOs that are all shoddy mashups of Vindictus&Mabinogi's combat systems mixed together. Looking at you WingsOfIcarus.
    I mean this sincerely; Please name me another MMO that plays better than Vindictus and whose servers are still running. PLEASE. Because I would love to hop on that game.
  • Dinko4TheWinDinko4TheWin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,400
    Aquasol
    Aquasol said:

Please do not spambump, PlayerOOOl, and thank you. You can use the edit function if you need to add something and no one else has posted since yours.
    The same goes for you too. Please edit your first post rather than adding 2 posts on this thread.
  • GewelliriousGewellirious
    Vindictus Rep: 2,945
    When the developpement team of that game changes every years, you can obviously expect non-sense things going on for Vindictus. Tho current director seems to fix the annoying old issues (such as drop broken gear, or not making scrolls like Maelstrom/DP rank9/+)

But freaking Amen, there is so much EASY THINGS to fix, and yet nothing is done... I mean, chille the f- out with that lv90 gear already and open the horizons for other contents.

"It's so easy to have lv90 gear"

That's the problem, the rest is absolutely obsolete, as to wonder why they even add any changes to these contents at this point... I read somewhere during the enhancement tweaks that you have better chances for lv 50... what ? IT TAKES LITERALLY AN HOUR OR TWO TO CLEAR LV50S NOW, why would someone bother to enhance Ivories ??? lol

This game, in terms of items/scrolls/recipes/etc. really needs a complete PURGE. Especially the recipes. (20 flask/hide/exoskeleton of Lakoria + 10 kraken tentacle + 2 kraken fang for a lv80 piece ? better just farm dungeons and get to 90 asap and just get that solid/smooth + a 40 seals primary mat and you'll get a decent lv90 armor piece, WHY)

I'm not even angry right now, it just make 0 sense.