[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

You can no longer kick people from boats anymore?

Comments

• PorcedduPorceddu
    Vindictus Rep: 880
    Ain't that difficult to remake a qb and have friends/guildmates join fast. This very fix is useless and unproductive.

As stated by countless people, the real solution to make everyone happy is to give premade/guild parties a +1 core reward.
  • DrachusDrachus
    Vindictus Rep: 1,880
    edited September 30, 2017
    Vladino wrote: »
    They could have just:
    1. either remove +1 core from QB
    2. or add +1 core to full guild battles

But now guilds are almost useless and if you want +1 core you are forced to do QB with ppl you don't know (and they usually don't bring any pots, feathers etc.)

Just add +1 core to every other departure that's not QB and even things up, but I'm also up for your idea.
    I don't see why QB should give +1 core.
  • BownerBowner
    Vindictus Rep: 1,775
    its a complete waste of bloody time. i've started using my farming gear in main runs because its high enough to join. its sad as many people do it all the time and die all the time. all this is doing is slowing the game down. if you cant kick then you have to remake. raids shouldnt be a one man army, peopel should choose OP if they want OP. people who isnt OP should do what we all done, play the lower levels, save money, and buy better gear.
    EnigmaTaro
  • TaylaTayla
    Vindictus Rep: 650
    A host should have a right to kick from their boats for whatever reason. Nexon needs to bring that feature back. If I setup a boat and am not happy with the party or am waiting on a friend then I should be able to kick. Remaking a party can take too long. If you're remaking for friends there is still a good chance they won't make the boat since others can join the boat faster. You can ask a player to leave but it doesn't mean they will. Some players just for spite will not leave and/or will keep rejoining if you remake.

I personally am tired of the free level 90 gear people who make no effort to upgrade their gear...even with the cheap accessories...being in my runs. They constantly die and contribute close to nothing to damage which obviously in turn lengthens the run. There are also the players you know afk, don't bring pots blah blah blah. As I said before...if i'm hosting a boat I should have the right to kick whomever I want.

I have chosen to help rid myself of the free level 90 gear people by setting up Hero raids which takes longer but you get another xtra drop and a Hero box. And yes I know I can set battle requirements but I have to do that at the board and people just don't check the board. They want the extra drop and the convenience of joining a run through QB.

Some hosts have resorted to not even hosting anymore due to this change which in turn reduces the amount of boats that are even available for raiding. Nexon please bring back this feature.

• MisterWhiskersMisterWhiskers
    Vindictus Rep: 2,615
    Tayla wrote: »
    A host should have a right to kick from their boats for whatever reason. Nexon needs to bring that feature back. If I setup a boat and am not happy with the party or am waiting on a friend then I should be able to kick. Remaking a party can take too long. If you're remaking for friends there is still a good chance they won't make the boat since others can join the boat faster. You can ask a player to leave but it doesn't mean they will. Some players just for spite will not leave and/or will keep rejoining if you remake.

I personally am tired of the free level 90 gear people who make no effort to upgrade their gear...even with the cheap accessories...being in my runs. They constantly die and contribute close to nothing to damage which obviously in turn lengthens the run. There are also the players you know afk, don't bring pots blah blah blah. As I said before...if i'm hosting a boat I should have the right to kick whomever I want.

I have chosen to help rid myself of the free level 90 gear people by setting up Hero raids which takes longer but you get another xtra drop and a Hero box. And yes I know I can set battle requirements but I have to do that at the board and people just don't check the board. They want the extra drop and the convenience of joining a run through QB.

Some hosts have resorted to not even hosting anymore due to this change which in turn reduces the amount of boats that are even available for raiding. Nexon please bring back this feature.

wrong,QB means join-and-GO.That is why they have minimum requirements.Once you meet those the leader should have no right to kick you (unless u afk or troll;but kick option exists for that)
    If the deadweight teammates are an issue they should put higher requirements for all runs
    ReziPlaksterGriciel
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    I don't get people saying that players should have no right to control who ends up on their boat. If they're hosting it's their prerogative. Yep, it's annoying when people kick for friends/guildies, and the system should be better designed to allow for that, but this change isn't a good fix either. It's like many of the "fixes" since Rise is poorly executed.

If you don't want to be at the whim of others or don't like the way certain people run their boats then host your own, it's that simple. This change isn't going to get more people playing together, it's just going to get more players going to private boats or just being done with the game for good. Having to remake because a known sandbagger/afker is on board is not promoting anything healthy.
    Order5Vladino
  • TaylaTayla
    [/quote]

wrong,QB means join-and-GO.That is why they have minimum requirements.Once you meet those the leader should have no right to kick you (unless u afk or troll;but kick option exists for that)
    If the deadweight teammates are an issue they should put higher requirements for all runs
    [/quote]

That's your take on what QB means not most. It could also mean Quick access to a Battle. Leader should have every right to kick, it's their boat. But I do agree with the higher requirements - that really is my main issue. Nexon has created this type of problem. They have made the game so stupid easy, we end up with under geared & under skilled players. As most know once a player gets to S3 it all falls apart. They are not ready stat or skill wise because of Nexon giving them crap gear resulting in crap stats. There is no motivation to work towards better gear as you approach S3. Most of us spent the time to learn how to play our characters better because we had to. We also put a lot of focus on farming, etc. to have better gear when we got to...even at the time...S2 and now S3. I am not going to pay the price due to another bad choice made by Nexon.

I'm sorry but I strongly feel that the host owns their boat & should be able to have what players on it they want. They need to bring our choices back. Stop making this game so easy to play and level, then we would eliminate - at least me - kicking people from their boats.
    Order5
  • TaylaTayla
    I don't get people saying that players should have no right to control who ends up on their boat. If they're hosting it's their prerogative. Yep, it's annoying when people kick for friends/guildies, and the system should be better designed to allow for that, but this change isn't a good fix either. It like many of the "fixes" since Rise is poorly executed.

If you don't want to be at the whim of others or don't like the way certain people run their boats then host your own, it's that simple. This change isn't going to get more people playing together, it's just going to get more players going to private boats or just being done with the game for good. Having to remake because a known sandbagger/afker is on board is not promoting anything healthy.

EXACTLY! thank you...
  • InnoyInnoy
    Vindictus Rep: 810

I don't get people saying that players should have no right to control who ends up on their boat. If they're hosting it's their prerogative. Yep, it's annoying when people kick for friends/guildies, and the system should be better designed to allow for that, but this change isn't a good fix either. It like many of the "fixes" since Rise is poorly executed.

Because QB is this games version of a queue system(intents of purpose). So gaming the system and kicking people who randomly join are just hampering their intentions. It was made to be quick and for people without premades. You can argue till you are blue in the face, but what you should be asking is for extra core on pre-made to curb unfair kicking in QB, as there is actually a case to be made there.
    ReziPlakster
  • CometCupidCometCupid
    Vindictus Rep: 1,990
    A little devil's advocate. One idea is to make invitations immediately take up a dummy spot so no one can fill it before the person has had a chance to accept. This at least helps the people only trying to bring along a single friend.
    SlothPrincess
  • ElleaseEllease
    Vindictus Rep: 1,625
    Just remove the core, the only two drawbacks to quick battle as-is are that it has an enforced boarding requirement and you cannot pre-make the party. If people want a quick queue, they can use this system, and shouldn't also be rewarded with a bonus core.
    Rezi
  • DrusaDrusa
    Vindictus Rep: 2,100
    >Be NEXON VINDICTUS
    >Notice discrimination in the community with kicks
    >Remove the function to kick
    >Implement a vote kick function
    >Provide additional 2 cores for a newbie joining
    >Kick players until you get a newbie for the bonus cores
    >Back to ground one

Interesting design choice.
    ReziPixelPantsuErinieIAnthonytonyboy
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    LynnCUBE wrote: »

But recently, it has been reported frequently that players are abusing the kick system in Quick Battle to kick players out of their party in order to get their friends or guild members to join, and wasting the players time who wants a fast party / battle.

We want the Quick Battle to work as intended, and therefore will remove the right to kick in Quick Battle.

But, players are allowed to vote to kick other players. They can right click, select Kick, enter a reason and submit a vote to kick for the entire party. There is a cooldown in the new kick vote system, so players cannot submit another kick vote directly after one.

Once again,
    if you want to gather a party with different stat requirement, with friends, or with guild, you should create a party through the battle board not through Quick Battle and cause other players inconveniences.

Source

Nexon KR already stated months ago that it doesn't like how people are abusing the +1 core system, and that it was meant to reward the fact that you would be working with strangers instead of a well-coordinated group. MisterWhiskers and Tayla are both correct though, and the system was developed to try and cover both interpretations of "join-and-GO" and "Quick access to a Battle". However, the "Quick access to a Battle" interpretation is mostly rooted in the fact that you can depart from anywhere, which is one of the reasons why you still have the option to create your own premade party from any board instead of doing Quick Battle.

Regardless, I am largely in agreement with Prototypemind on the vote-to-kick changes; I don't think this will help get people to play together. As for purposed changes, I have always been in favor of +1 core for guild-only runs because that's what guilds should behave like: doing stuff together. I've been the last member of Aberrant for so long, and it's honestly silly that the game doesn't encourage me more to be part of an active guild (I still get all the guild bonuses, I can receive Guild Feathers from all my friends in other guilds, I get the guild storage all to myself, etc.).
    ReziMisterWhiskersPrototypemindboddole
  • ReziRezi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,585
    Common Battle - Normal rewards, vote kick.

Quick Battle - +1 Core, no kick.

Guild Battle - +2 Cores, host kick.

Friend Battle - +Seals, host kick.

Simple as pie. Just add in a choice on board for which the player wants.
  • MisterWhiskersMisterWhiskers
    Vindictus Rep: 2,615
    edited October 1, 2017
    Ellease wrote: »
    Just remove the core, the only two drawbacks to quick battle as-is are that it has an enforced boarding requirement and you cannot pre-make the party. If people want a quick queue, they can use this system, and shouldn't also be rewarded with a bonus core.

Yea you should be rewarded with a bonus core since you're signing up for a raid where you can't kick people.It's only natural that newbies will join your run and slow it down.

You privileged people think QB is just another way of launching boat while getting free rewards.
  • TaylaTayla
    edited October 1, 2017
    187 wrote: >>

You can kick people in QB boats after this update.

I think you only need 2 votes to kick a player. Just do /Kick name here[/quote]

Then you're putting the choice on the party not the host. Plus if the host has a reason to kick...whatever it is...why should the party be involved in that decision. Plus that can come off pretty mean spirited which others on boat will not want to do. Sorry folks I don't like my rights being taken away from me. I host my boat I can kick from my boat...don't care about how that effects the drops, bonuses, whatever. It's my boat. So now I just don't host. One less boat for people to get on. GL ON DROPS !!

Wait how we get off point here - being able to kick if your hosting a boat to what does QB represent?? lol
  • GricielGriciel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,010
    edited October 1, 2017
    I intended to read from the beginning to the latest reply. However, I stopped in middle since it is obvious enough that people who support the kicking function are dying for that damn +1 core. Which is ridiculous.

Has anyone thought that that +1 extra core is just for advertising the Quick Battle function? And when devCat thinks that they have advertised enough, they need to eliminate it? It has not never been permanent!

About the kicking function, if you think Nexon has taken your rights from you. Then host with a boat, or quit this game. The Quick Battle function is created and supposed to be social, open, everyone can join and go, this is the intention of the developers. Thus, right from the beginning, there is no such a right of kicking people that you thought you had.

If you think other people drag you down in the battle, and not functional enough. Then you are just as weak as they are. If a person dies too often, let them lie down there, so you will have a full party for +1 core. Focus on your job and get the run done. After the battle, just simply add them onto your blacklist to prevent they join your battle the next time, especially leechers not beginners.

Honestly, I do not think that you are unlucky enough to have a party that only you were the only functional one. I have used the QB since it was first introduced to these servers, and I haven't got any party in which I had to work alone. There could be low-skilled players or even beginners, but they were still helping to finish battle, so what else should I expect? Or is that you who also looks for a pro to help your party because you are not skilled enough?

Do not brag about your OP gears, I know a person here who dies a lot in a battle with a +15 stick, crying about the so-gone kicking function.

I believe with this movement, the game is more open to beginners, who are new to the game and needs help.
    MisterWhiskers
  • Robin_chwaaanRobin_chwaaan
    Vindictus Rep: 770
    Since the kick function was took out from qb, more times happened that someone joined my party but refused to press ready, so i had to remake. This is why i think taking out the kick option was a mistake, its kinda annoying, remaking party for such a reason. At least they should let us kick players who are not readied.
    Order5LoLoBootyBownerSlothPrincess
  • PhoebeHalliwelPhoebeHalliwel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,720
    Since the kick function was took out from qb, more times happened that someone joined my party but refused to press ready, so i had to remake. This is why i think taking out the kick option was a mistake, its kinda annoying, remaking party for such a reason. At least they should let us kick players who are not readied.
    You can right click on a player and vote to kick when you are still on the boat!
    This function has 1 minute cooldown.
    So kick still exsists.
    its a dumb change i agree on that.. but whatever.
    PixelPantsuLoLoBootyAnthonytonyboy
  • ReziRezi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,585
    edited October 2, 2017
    I sometimes see the Ready problem as well, and there are even cases when the host is AFK. Personally I feel that a host should be able to force-start a party or players vote to do so in case of AFK players on the boat.

But the excuse that players haven't clicked ready on QB is stupid. The whole point is to get in and go - if the game doesn't allow players to get in and go, then that's a failure of the game itself. Perhaps the number of QB battles at once should be limited and the QB menu only list the ones with players in them, in order to make things move faster. But then that would create power balancing problems... Well, Vindi just isn't a get-in-and-go game anymore, so perhaps QB itself was just a dumb idea.

Maybe they could remove QB battles themselves and give the QB menu a list of boats with players so people don't have to search the map for queues?