[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Vella Chainblade/swords

RankZRankZ
Vindictus Rep: 740
in Vella
Is chainblades the dps part of vella whereas swords is the survival solo part of vella? For ex. sword lann is solo survival whereas spear lann is pure dps, does vella follow the same suit? Reason being I'm going for chainblades, but it sucks in survival so I'm assuming it should outdps swords otherwise no point in me going chainblades

Comments

• hornywatermelonhornywatermelon
    Vindictus Rep: 3,985
    edited September 25, 2017
    Swords are easier for solo DPS.
    Chains for easier DPS when in groups.

Survivability depends on player's individual skill.
  • RankZRankZ
    Vindictus Rep: 740
    if you pit two together on sandbags, who does more dps?
  • ReziRezi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,585
    edited September 25, 2017
    As has been said in the forums a lot recently:

"Whoever has the most Add Dmg."

But in all seriousness, they both deal great DPS. The only thing is that Chainblade is mid-range, so it's not suited for solo gameplay, while swords is. But since Rise even Chainblade Vella can solo literally everything, so just pick whichever one is more fun.

(Hint: Swords is more fun.)
  • clearcutclearcut
    Vindictus Rep: 1,150
    edited September 26, 2017
    Chains is greater DPS overall, unless the boss is fast and attacks often in which case swords can capitalize more with her counter. They're both still relatively close though, at high skill level gameplay.
  • ReziRezi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,585
    Mainly the difference is that Swords is more dynamic, is faster and has smoother yet more complex controls; while Chain is more static, is slower and has less ergonomic yet more simplistic controls. Swords has a better feel to it but only if you're good at the genre; otherwise, Chain is a better-safe-than-sorry weapon scheme so long as your stats are high.