[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

+11 dullahan gear vs +13 lvl 90 gear

MisterWhiskersMisterWhiskers
Vindictus Rep: 2,615
edited September 24, 2017 in General Discussion
As most of you already know +11~13 runes are coming soon to the seal shop.

Premium runes can get you up to +11 on lv 95 armors+weapon.While Lvl 90 gear has less def on armors and a lot less crit/att on weapon,you can get it to +13 with the new runes

Will a full +13 lv90 set outperform a +11 dullahan set? Is additional damage that worth it?

Comments

• ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    edited September 24, 2017
    I thought the +13 only work on weapons?

But yes a full +13 set is >> than +11 set. That said most folks who make a +11 lv 95 set will likely boom tempting something higher => odds are a few pieces will hit +12 or better.

(And assuming you have runes to spare, it is fairly cheap to get all lv 95 armor to +12 since you only need feather piece to be Orange. Making them all orange + getting scrolls are where you use up your gold. )

Weapon wise I would much rather have a +13 lv 90 over a +11 lv 95. Only character I might think twice would be sword Lann. And that is just because crit is the only way he is fun :-)
  • PhoebeHalliwelPhoebeHalliwel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,720
    There will be some special stones for lvl 90 weapons, nothing for armors. For a total of 420 seal of bravery you will be able to get them.

+11 Enhance Stone = 100% Success Rate. Works on only lvl 90 weapons. Weapon needs to be +10
    +12 Enhance Stone = 100% Success Rate. Works on only lvl 90 weapons Weapon needs to be +11
    +13 Enhance Rune = 100% Success Rate. Works on only lvl 90 weapons. Permabinds the weapon on Enhancement Success. Weapon needs to be +12.

Friendly tip : if you want to make a +13 with those stones, go for abomimation weap since it's skill is activated in donegal as well. c:
    SlothPrincess
  • MisterWhiskersMisterWhiskers
    Vindictus Rep: 2,615
    There will be some special stones for lvl 90 weapons, nothing for armors. For a total of 420 seal of bravery you will be able to get them.

+11 Enhance Stone = 100% Success Rate. Works on only lvl 90 weapons. Weapon needs to be +10
    +12 Enhance Stone = 100% Success Rate. Works on only lvl 90 weapons Weapon needs to be +11
    +13 Enhance Rune = 100% Success Rate. Works on only lvl 90 weapons. Permabinds the weapon on Enhancement Success. Weapon needs to be +12.

Friendly tip : if you want to make a +13 with those stones, go for abomimation weap since it's skill is activated in donegal as well. c:

If I make a +12 weapon then boom it,will I be able to use the 100% chance +13 rune on it?
    If I make a +12 weapon then boom it,will I be able to use the 100% chance +13 rune on it?
    I copy pasted thay info text so i don't know for sure, but i assume you cant use it on a broken weapon because broken weapons can not be enhanced.
    KingRichRiceclickhere
  • KingRichRiceKingRichRice
    Vindictus Rep: 1,410
    As most of you already know +11~13 runes are coming soon to the seal shop.

Premium runes can get you up to +11 on lv 95 armors+weapon.While Lvl 90 gear has less def on armors and a lot less crit/att on weapon,you can get it to +13 with the new runes

Will a full +13 lv90 set outperform a +11 dullahan set? Is additional damage that worth it?

The runes coming to seal shop exclusively work on 90 weapons. With that being said, a +13 90 weapon will outperform a +11/+12 95 weapon due to the difference in Additional Damage.
  • InnoyInnoy
    Vindictus Rep: 810
    To piggyback on this question, at what point do you consider 90 armor better than 95? I know in most games dps>>anything so you would take additional damage over item level but does the defense on 95 ever equalize that? Say for a character that might eat hits to continue dps'ing.
  • AbaddanAbaddan
    Vindictus Rep: 2,320
    Switching to Dullahan isn't really worth it. Only reason I switched to boots was to gain back some bal I lost, and the gloves I goofed on and thought i could do something else with them. Honestly, your best bet is to wait for 100 or 110 gear whatever comes next. And to touch on the weapon part, +15 90 for me is way better than a +15 95, im close enough to crit cap that it doesn't matter, but it would tank my bal and atk spd. The +15 90 would win. If you compare a +13 90 to a +11-12 then yeah hands down for me the 90 will easily win.
    Innoy wrote: »
    To piggyback on this question, at what point do you consider 90 armor better than 95? I know in most games dps>>anything so you would take additional damage over item level but does the defense on 95 ever equalize that? Say for a character that might eat hits to continue dps'ing.

90 armor is only better than 95 in the way that it's easily obtainable and that it gives the same AD if both items are of the same rank (ex. +10 90 and +10 95 armor gives 130 AD). Of course, 95 armor is better overall if you can get it to higher enhancement ranks, but at what cost?
  • InnoyInnoy
    Right, and getting 95 armor is a pia, it just seems better and easier to go for 90 +11 or plus +12 when the consequence is much less severe.
    Right, and getting 95 armor is a pia, it just seems better and easier to go for 90 +11 or plus +12 when the consequence is much less severe.

Exactly. Also, I think some players opt for 95 armor to use r6 enchants since extra stats are always nice.
  • AtherionAtherion
    Vindictus Rep: 3,520
    If your goal is a set of +12 armor, go for 95 as the additional def and r6 es is a nice bonus while oj dullahan main isn't too expensive (atleast on west). Aiming above 12 however will require full orange mats making enhancing dullahan much less cost effective in which case, go for 90s.
  • hornywatermelonhornywatermelon
    Vindictus Rep: 3,985
    edited September 25, 2017
    The choice is rather simple and depends on one's attitude.

Do you want efficiency? Go for +12 lv90s
    Do you want efficiency but also want to show off your e-peen? Go for +12 dulla armors.
  • InnoyInnoy
    Atherion wrote: »
    If your goal is a set of +12 armor, go for 95 as the additional def and r6 es is a nice bonus while oj dullahan main isn't too expensive (atleast on west). Aiming above 12 however will require full orange mats making enhancing dullahan much less cost effective in which case, go for 90s.

Why is that? Does full OJ affect enhancing somehow?
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670

You can't go past +12 unless your item is orange = all orange shards.
    KingRichRice
    ikevi wrote: »

You can't go past +12 unless your item is orange = all orange shards.

This reason alone is why 90 armor is more than viable at the moment. Rare Smooth Chunks are over 25m and Rare Solid Chunks are about 10-15m on East compared to their 90 counterparts (Both Smooth/Solid Shard are around 2-3m).
  • ElusiveDawnElusiveDawn
    Vindictus Rep: 1,530

How do you know it'll be 420 seals total? Source?
    How do you know it'll be 420 seals total? Source?
    Magic.

Jk asked to a kr user on yt :p
  • ElusiveDawnElusiveDawn
    Vindictus Rep: 1,530
  • EnigmaTaroEnigmaTaro
    Vindictus Rep: 3,815
    edited September 26, 2017
    Lv90 weapon + top + pants r7 (+wb or enthu)
    Lv95 boots gloves and helm r6 (+r7 enthu blablabla)

Vindictus's bread and butter.
    If you don't care for Def, not really much reason to go for lv95 top since there's no r6 enchants, and you are technically missing out 1 bal for using lv90 pants. In exchange, you can just pre-made the full oj for little cost, as oj smooth chunk is like 30m+ in east usually.
    Innoy