[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Sea of Reflection / Neamhain Hero Mode [ Bug ]

AkkiAkki
Vindictus Rep: 1,240
Posts: 30
Member
edited September 17, 2017 in General Discussion
So this happened yesterday..
Anthonytonyboy
  1. You guys think this would be a fun way to implement a "Hero Mode" for Sea of Reflection/Neamhain?18 votes
    1. Yes
       61% (11 votes)
    2. No
       39% (7 votes)

Comments

  • Kinwon700Kinwon700
    Vindictus Rep: 600
    Posts: 23
    Member
    edited September 17, 2017
    And from a different location :p
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    Posts: 748
    Member
    187 wrote: »
    95% of the Vind population are casuals and don't got time to do Neam. Stop suggesting garbage ideas that we don't need like Hero mode Neamahain when 95% of the players die in normal neam while the remaining 5% are the actual carries.

    I don't know where you made up that magic number. But I do agree that the average user would need the 3x death limit + delay removed to even contemplate running a potential hero neam.
  • AkkiAkki
    Vindictus Rep: 1,240
    Posts: 30
    Member
    ikevi wrote: »
    187 wrote: »
    95% of the Vind population are casuals and don't got time to do Neam. Stop suggesting garbage ideas that we don't need like Hero mode Neamahain when 95% of the players die in normal neam while the remaining 5% are the actual carries.

    I don't know where you made up that magic number. But I do agree that the average user would need the 3x death limit + delay removed to even contemplate running a potential hero neam.

    The Raid is not even that hard.. Just need the practice lol
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,060
    Posts: 981
    Member
    I expected 2nd Neamhain to show up at the end... jk.

    Akki wrote: »
    The Raid is not even that hard.. Just need the practice lol
    In speak of which, I am working on this: http://forums.vindictus.nexon.net/discussion/11748/ , so those who haven't started their adventure with Sea of Reflection can get prepared better.
  • hornywatermelonhornywatermelon
    Vindictus Rep: 3,985
    Posts: 467
    Member
    What exactly would need a hero mode added to already an obnoxiously long and unimaginative raid with plenty of delay sensitive and bug prone one hit KO moves that act as cheap way of creating difficulty?

    Inb4 git gud/you suck/l2p etc. etc. I did over 100 runs, many of which I was forced to hard carry. I regret every single one of them.

    If you want to challenge just go in with fully enchanted lv60 armors. It will be exactly the same experience as if NoobCat were to inflate her stats.
  • AbaddanAbaddan
    Vindictus Rep: 2,320
    Posts: 195
    Member
    edited September 17, 2017
    Tbh I still don't think it would be that difficult after some practice. It's basically the same as playing with some of the players that spin Neamhain like a top into half the team for every attack they try to dodge anyway. You know who you are -.-
  • LeucosieLeucosie
    Vindictus Rep: 2,105
    Posts: 164
    Member
    Must have been pretty fun +wow

    Funny reference to Hokoto Shinken btw +haha
  • DrachusDrachus
    Vindictus Rep: 1,680
    Posts: 69
    Member
    187 wrote: »
    95% of the Vind population are casuals and don't got time to do Neam. Stop suggesting garbage ideas that we don't need like Hero mode Neamahain when 95% of the players die in normal neam while the remaining 5% are the actual carries.

    Not true, in fact most of the parties (even FFA) which I was entering did pretty good. Sure, it might take some time investment I agree, but that's the most interesting part of Neamhain. There is not much fun, at least for me, repeating something over and over again which you've already learned. That's why I've dropped Neamhain after 170+ runs.

    Anyways, to answer the OP... I think this would be interesting, fighting those two really looks challenging, but sadly I highly doubt something like this will happen. The only thing which I can tell you is to look forward to the next redeemers like me c:

    PS: Also for those who are new to Neamhain, SirRFI/Nocatia made a great guide for her. So people who don't really have time to learn it on their own can use his thread instead. I highly recommend it. http://forums.vindictus.nexon.net/discussion/11748/
  • AkkiAkki
    Vindictus Rep: 1,240
    Posts: 30
    Member
    edited September 18, 2017
    What exactly would need a hero mode added to already an obnoxiously long and unimaginative raid with plenty of delay sensitive and bug prone one hit KO moves that act as cheap way of creating difficulty?

    Inb4 git gud/you suck/l2p etc. etc. I did over 100 runs, many of which I was forced to hard carry. I regret every single one of them.

    If you want to challenge just go in with fully enchanted lv60 armors. It will be exactly the same experience as if NoobCat were to inflate her stats.

    The fact that we had to fight both at once and they had no pattern sync would make it a difficult Raid.You can see her using the babylon gate and him using AOE attacks at the same time, this randomness could make the run almost impossible at some points. This is why it would be fun to have it as an optional "Hero Mode".
    And I agree that if DevCat were to try to make a "Hero Mode" they would just crank up her HP and other stats.. This is why I want to show a different way to crack up the difficulty of it.
    The bugs are not that bad for me at least, I rarely get killed because of one and also I don't think that the Raid takes all to long, with an okay party you do it in like ~30 min.
    Abaddan wrote: »
    Tbh I still don't think it would be that difficult after some practice. It's basically the same as playing with some of the players that spin Neamhain like a top into half the team for every attack they try to dodge anyway. You know who you are -.-

    Like I said before, if the patterns overlap it creates a lot of random scenarios. It would be a lot harder to get used to this randomness.. But yes ofc you could get the hang out of it after a lot of practice but it would still be extremely hard if not almost impossible at some points to dodge the 2 attacking at the same time.
    Leucosie wrote: »
    Must have been pretty fun +wow

    Funny reference to Hokoto Shinken btw +haha

    Glad you liked it :D

    And yeah, it was a lot of fun xD
  • vgfan100vgfan100
    Vindictus Rep: 2,085
    Posts: 117
    Member
    That looks like SO much fun because of the randomness involved. Imagine Gate and Neit's red AoE move at the same time! O_O

    Not that this would ever be implemented as actual content, but if Hero Mode Neimhain was a thing, I would totally do it just for fun. However, there are those players, myself included, that would need an incentive to repeat the raid for rewards worth going for (1-5M+ gold, high roll oranges from any Season 3 raid, high-enhanced Season 3 gear but no more than +10, maybe a special vanity item to be worn besides Neimhain's Odd Eye, etc). Normal Neimhain has the Full Force skill already, which I'm cool with. Let's make Hero Mode Redeemers a thing! :)
  • blu3for3v3rblu3for3v3r
    Vindictus Rep: 1,015
    Posts: 30
    Member
    i like it... send the video to devcat :D :D I always like to have challenges and this mode if it is not, then which one can be :p

  • ScevityScevity
    Vindictus Rep: 975
    Posts: 30
    Member
    Looks like a great way to get a faster clear time
    blu3for3v3r