[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Player Base

DeadlyAshDeadlyAsh
Vindictus Rep: 660
edited September 14, 2017 in General Discussion
what you think on the player base

Comments

• MisterWhiskersMisterWhiskers
    Vindictus Rep: 2,615
    3 players in the morning, 18 in the evening
  • BountyBounty
    Vindictus Rep: 1,140
    edited September 14, 2017
    Sounds about right. Also, now they're starting to take a firm stance against any players who like to use multiple accounts which rubs me the wrong way considering i have done this since 2010 in DFO. It was never a violation then, apparently it is now. Kind of funny once you think about it considering they do events in every game every month and many of which are item giveaways. Go figure.

Population of EAST alone is probably around 200 active at peak times in the week.
    edited September 15, 2017
    Bounty wrote: »
    Sounds about right. Also, now they're starting to take a firm stance against any players who like to use multiple accounts which rubs me the wrong way considering i have done this since 2010 in DFO. It was never a violation then, apparently it is now. Kind of funny once you think about it considering they do events in every game every month and many of which are item giveaways. Go figure.

Population of EAST alone is probably around 200 active at peak times in the week.

why would they allow multiple accounts? It puts strain on the server and you as a potential custumer are just 1 person.

Atlantica online used to have very lenient rules when it comes to multi accounting and the server ended up being a lag shitfest with people having over 10 chars active at once.
  • JamesGrossJamesGross
    Vindictus Rep: 2,600
    Morning on East server, about 10 active players. 20 AFK in colhen showing off their outfits. 170 bots

Noon on East server, about 20 active players. 40 AFK in colhen showing off their outfits. 240 bots

Afternoon on East server, about 30 active players. 50 AFK in colhen showing off their outfits. 320 bots

Evening on East server, about 50 active players. 50 AFK in colhen showing off their outfits. 500 bots
    MintchiRyanReynoldsdaws360
  • ReziRezi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,585
    ^ I swear, Jimmy, it's just a coincidence!
  • ZeroheartZeroheart
    Vindictus Rep: 7,740
    @Jimmy You don't like my outfits? I think the reason for some many AFK is that they changed how mediation worked. Before you can get free AP as normal time passes even when you are not logged in. After RISE update, the player is forced to stay online to generate the free AP for that character.
    ReziPrototypemindPixelPantsudaws360
  • ReziRezi
    I agree with Zero. Removing offline Meditation was a terrible idea; the skill is completely useless now.
    tom50574PixelPantsuSlothPrincessdaws360
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Bounty wrote: »

why would they allow multiple accounts? It puts strain on the server and you as a potential custumer are just 1 person.

Atlantica online used to have very lenient rules when it comes to multi accounting and the server ended up being a lag shitfest with people having over 10 chars active at once.

How are multiple accounts a strain on the server when players can only be on one at a time? Maybe there's some multi-boxing going on, but with the population so low I doubt it makes a noticeable difference in the least.
  • AngelYukkiAngelYukki
    Vindictus Rep: 2,300
    Zeroheart wrote: »
    @Jimmy You don't like my outfits? I think the reason for some many AFK is that they changed how mediation worked. Before you can get free AP as normal time passes even when you are not logged in. After RISE update, the player is forced to stay online to generate the free AP for that character.

Do people actually do this
    The amount you gain is so pitiful tho
  • ReziRezi
    edited September 16, 2017
    No, if you're a serious MMO player, you're freezing in the dankest warehouse while using a quantum supercomputer powered by its own grid that simulates over 500 OSs at once that are all regulated and edited by a God Tier Quantum OS that uses super-positioning to trick anti-hacks into thinking the game isn't even on in any of those OSs.

GIT GR8
  • OptimalOptimal
    Vindictus Rep: 1,005
    People who think there's no player base are people who only play their buds. Everyday I see dozens of new players in my raids, guys need to stop being so dramatic. Megas are filled with the same weebs who sit in town all day though.
  • SaintGuinnessSaintGuinness
    Vindictus Rep: 1,730
    Optimal wrote: »
    People who think there's no player base are people who only play their buds. Everyday I see dozens of new players in my raids, guys need to stop being so dramatic. Megas are filled with the same weebs who sit in town all day though.

How long have you been playing? The player base is definitely much smaller than it was years ago. Back in the day there were so many ppl online, ch 1 would cause most ppl to lag and crash. Now it's mostly empty most of the time.
    Rezi
  • RavelationsRavelations
    Vindictus Rep: 1,255
    edited September 19, 2017
    http://steamcharts.com/app/212160#1y December of 2013 to January of 2016 where the last good years of the player base. the past 30 days there have been 384.5 players on average. 720 at its peak. and that is unfortunately including the bots as well as the afk townies.

I think the largest the player base got was on december 2014 as the peak hit 3300 players, since then it has dropped down to only 720
  • InnoyInnoy
    Vindictus Rep: 810
    but that is steam launcher, it is pretty common to use nexon launcher instead. Either way, the pop is very small but enough to get done what you need. I had a character on west and judging by the market board I think east is bit more populated, though just a guess.
    steam launcher exists? I thought everyone was supposed to use the official one once they did the migration thing
  • RavelationsRavelations
    Vindictus Rep: 1,255
    edited September 19, 2017
    steam launcher exists? I thought everyone was supposed to use the official one once they did the migration thing

The steam launcher works fine. They did finally patch the direct launch method though so more people are probably using NL, its just you need the same amount of steam accounts as you have for nexon accounts which can be rather annoying, since i only have 2 accounts i just deal with it. Also the moment nexon restricts their games to that shitty launcher is the day that probably half of the small remaining player base stops playing, nexon launcher doesn't work for for a majority of people, the few workarounds and general fix-its i've tried all failed and now it cant even bother to stay open for more than 30 seconds before it force closes itself. i gave up trying some time early last year. Plus vindictus is already hard on the CPU. i don't need NL taking up another 40+ percentage of it
  • RhapsodyOfFireRhapsodyOfFire
    Vindictus Rep: 5,375
    http://steamcharts.com/app/212160#1y December of 2013 to January of 2016 where the last good years of the player base. the past 30 days there have been 384.5 players on average. 720 at its peak. and that is unfortunately including the bots as well as the afk townies.

I think the largest the player base got was on december 2014 as the peak hit 3300 players, since then it has dropped down to only 720

It would be good to know the ratio of the Steam launcher's usage so you could guess approximately how many people play. Maybe make a poll?
  • OptimalOptimal
    Vindictus Rep: 1,005

How long have you been playing? The player base is definitely much smaller than it was years ago. Back in the day there were so many ppl online, ch 1 would cause most ppl to lag and crash. Now it's mostly empty most of the time.

3-4 years with long breaks in between when I'm burnt out. Didn't say it wasn't smaller, just not as dead as people like to complain about.
  • SaintGuinnessSaintGuinness
    Vindictus Rep: 1,730

3-4 years with long breaks in between when I'm burnt out. Didn't say it wasn't smaller, just not as dead as people like to complain about.

The complaint isn't just the lack of boats, which can be an issue. The big negative is the effect on the game's economy. The smaller base means less farming which leads to less inventory on the MP which leads to higher prices. For example, Korea has a much bigger player base. Dullahan Essence: weapon (oj) cost 30m there but on NA EAST its 120m.
  • IphitIphit
    Vindictus Rep: 990

The complaint isn't just the lack of boats, which can be an issue. The big negative is the effect on the game's economy. The smaller base means less farming which leads to less inventory on the MP which leads to higher prices. For example, Korea has a much bigger player base. Dullahan Essence: weapon (oj) cost 30m there but on NA EAST its 120m.

10/10 comparison if the americans didn't buy so much gold +cold
    eu market 40 kk for dullahan essence and it was released far earlier on korea, prices are based on supply/demand if there are less players there is less farm but also less buyers , market is broken on NA because of the gold buyers.

Comparing population on ch1 is also dumb since people were there mostly because either they wanted to sell scrolls or because there was a lot of people doing trades , since scrolls are traded on market now there are no ppl on ch1 therefore ppl go there less often.

we do have a smaller comunity now, but still more than enough they killed most of the content anyway so we just need end game players for what is left and we still have a lot of those.
    DrustanPixelPantsu