[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

You have obtained 10, 11, 12, 13, gold -_-

ISnatchMoneyISnatchMoney
Vindictus Rep: 1,995
edited September 15, 2017 in General Discussion
I know this is out of the blue, but... would there ever be an increased amount of obtained gold from the coins you pick up after destroying an object or structure?
Usually it would say, ' You have obtained 10 gold.' or something like that, when your character goes over the piece of gold.. It is sad considering how you can get the same amount of gold from Perilous Ruins as you can in the end game dungeons of Donegal... In my opinion it would be more rewarding to see people being able to obtain more, lets say, at least 800 gold per coin you pick up.. but that's just me.

:P
  1. What do you feel should be a considerable a good amount of gold [per coin] you pick up?35 votes
    1. You have obtained 12 gold.
       3% (1 vote)
    2. You have obtained 800 gold.
       29% (10 votes)
    3. You have obtained 1,400 gold.
       11% (4 votes)
    4. You have obtained 5,000 gold.
       43% (15 votes)
    5. Sorry, but I'm gold capped! I'll just toss it back ..
       14% (5 votes)

Comments

• ISnatchMoneyISnatchMoney
    Vindictus Rep: 1,995
    edited September 15, 2017
    I just realized there was a typo for the poll.... and you can' edit.. but w.e. .. it's late :shy:

It should be, What is considered by you, a good amount of gold per coin you obtain* lol..
  • CometCupidCometCupid
    Vindictus Rep: 1,990
    edited September 15, 2017
    100 gold by the end of season 1, 500 gold by the end of season 2, 1000 gold by the end of season 3.

I don't think it'll cause much inflation and it's always good to earn back repair fees. 'Course I don't care either way, it'll be more fun than anything worthwhile.
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    Actually first areas (used to) drop less valuable money coins than later content - they were bronze instead of gold. Would be nice to see more valuable coins as level goes, lets say 70 lv content would drop 70±5 gold, 90 lv 90±10 or something.

Logically there is no reason for the coins to be there in most cases, and even then - why would anyone hide valuable coins in boxes and barrles? On other side, rusty coins from sewers cost like 800 for NPC, can obtain more or less by "de-rusting" it.
  • ReziRezi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,585
    Take the number of dungeons in the game, each one gets one more # than the last in #*#.

1*1 = 1
    2*2 = 4
    3*3 = 9
    100*100 = 10,000

Quest gold can be eliminated if this is implemented, as someone who gets 5 gold pieces in the 100th dungeon would be getting 50,000 gold which would be pretty even to the equivalent quest gold.

It also rewards real players for interacting with objects rather than just rewarding bots for their resources.
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Vindictus Rep: 5,590
    Well in terms of interacting with objects Super Lucky Bonus is just that. Just stupid rare even on the KR server.
  • AngelYukkiAngelYukki
    Vindictus Rep: 2,300
    edited September 16, 2017
    CometCupid wrote: »

I don't think it'll cause much inflation and it's always good to earn back repair fees. 'Course I don't care either way, it'll be more fun than anything worthwhile.
    tbh I think the end of dungeon gold is enough for repair fees.
    I've made decent money just by doing raids and dungeons alone and not selling anything.
  • SaintGuinnessSaintGuinness
    Vindictus Rep: 1,730
    AngelYukki wrote: »

I've made decent money just by doing raids and dungeons alone and not selling anything.

Except that, if you are lvl 95, you don't get any gold for most of the runs on this game. The thing I don't get is why Devcat works so hard to discourage ppl from playing most of the content of this game. There are a lot of fun runs at the lower levels. It would be nice to have some incentive to run them instead of being actively discouraged.
    SlothPrincessRezi
  • AngelYukkiAngelYukki
    Vindictus Rep: 2,300

Except that, if you are lvl 95, you don't get any gold for most of the runs on this game. The thing I don't get is why Devcat works so hard to discourage ppl from playing most of the content of this game. There are a lot of fun runs at the lower levels. It would be nice to have some incentive to run them instead of being actively discouraged.

The fact that you can even just grind Donegal dungeons and not lose gold is way better than it has been ever.
    At least there are SOME raids and dungeons that you can do to make gold now.

• SaintGuinnessSaintGuinness
    Vindictus Rep: 1,730

The fact that you can even just grind Donegal dungeons and not lose gold is way better than it has been ever.
    At least there are SOME raids and dungeons that you can do to make gold now.

This is true but this has always been true. The most recent raid of any update has always provided gold commensurate to the cost of running that raid. What we are stating here is something different. The level of compensation, either from picking up gold or end-of-run rewards, is out of balance for everything else (except when running a daily).