[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Arisha Secondary weapon

Comments

• ReziRezi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,585
    edited September 9, 2017
    Monoha wrote: »
    That's fanart by ArtNotHearts on DeviantArt. Not gonna link directly to his work since Nexon forums but should be easy enough to google.

DevCat already stole one weapon idea of his (Teide, which he had a female character called Mia use) so there's a change they'll steal this one, too.
  • iMiniiMini
    Vindictus Rep: 2,065
    Based on theme and background, a lance or rapier would be better choices for Delia.
    A mana whip would look better on Arisha.

Of course this is all my opinions and DevCAT may just get creative with their weapons.
  • ReziRezi
    edited September 9, 2017
    They likely won't implement a rapier because its attacks are already done by tons of other weapons, unless they use Weiss's rapier but that makes it part-magic. Delia wouldn't fit a lance because lances are too straight-forward while Delia is a dancer/acrobat. I can see Delia using a whip or a hoop, however.
  • MisterWhiskersMisterWhiskers
    Vindictus Rep: 2,615
    edited September 9, 2017
    magic infused knuckles with lightning fast attack speed please
    Rezi
  • iMiniiMini
    Vindictus Rep: 2,065
    I can't speak for all the characters, but I've played enough to know the default weapons for each character is different in ways compared to their secondaries. Some break away from similarities of play style. Note how different staff and scythe are regardless of both being magical weapons for the same character.

Anything can happen, really. Nobody expected Karok to use a cestus nor did we remotely come close to predicting teide.
  • The_VillainThe_Villain
    Vindictus Rep: 1,550
    I've been saying this for months now: DUAL MANA PISTOLS, I HAVE IT ALL THOUGHT OUT AND EVERYTHING!
  • ReziRezi
    iMini wrote: »
    Anything can happen, really. Nobody expected Karok to use a cestus nor did we remotely come close to predicting teide.

A. Everybody expected Cestus. Half of the forums back then predicted Karok would get a hands-on fighting style.

B. As I said before, a fan already came up with the Teide concept before DevCat did. He just had it and a lance on a female character concept, rather than on Hurk.
  • AxxonAxxon
    Vindictus Rep: 1,135
    My dream weapon is something that allow some kind of puppetry.

By that I mean, Controlling your weapon from a mid-range distance and it seems like he does all the job for you but you do the controlling. His apparences would change depending on your armor to match yours and the weapon would be his.

Basically a real PET class with at least half the attacks coming from the pets or something.

A dark Mage like Warlock or Necromancer is also a dream xD.
    SlothPrincess
  • iEatEverythingiEatEverything
    Vindictus Rep: 1,220
    edited September 10, 2017
    Axxon wrote: »

By that I mean, Controlling your weapon from a mid-range distance and it seems like he does all the job for you but you do the controlling. His apparences would change depending on your armor to match yours and the weapon would be his.

Basically a real PET class with at least half the attacks coming from the pets or something.

actually there was a game I played before with a similar type of character, Lunia: Record of Lunia War, and there was a character named dacy. You can google the game and the character, but the game was closed.

Talking about the specific character dacy. she was a loli like a little children, but her primary weapon was dolls, her main weapon would be a stuff animal of some sort, and her skills involved summoning bigger stuff animals to attack, or run things overs, so maybe kinda similar to your necromancer ? :o instead of controlling puppets, she controlled her stuff animals. seems interesting to see this implemented in vindictus. :)
  • AxxonAxxon
    Vindictus Rep: 1,135
    For me the perfect necromancer gameplay is on Skyforge. DoT DPS that gets higher as the target HP is getting lower while summoning pets and becoming a lich for healing and small burst. I don't like Skyforge End-Game that much and sadly necromancer, even if good DPS, is not wanted alot because he doesn't burst at all compared to other classes in that game.

Pet classes tend to have too much spells that relies on the owner and the pet themselves don't do enough (Blade and Soul Summoner is a good example). Revelation online Summoner got the same issues, too much spells come from the mag and not the pet itself. IMO
  • ReziRezi
    If there's one thing Skyforge did right, it was classes, but the P2W model of character development killed it. Still, Cryomancer, Slayer, and Witch... I've never had so much fun.

But Vindi is more in-your-face and for that reason their classes don't have the same feel, including Necromancer.
  • ZaeadrasZaeadras
    Vindictus Rep: 765
    Rezi wrote: »
    Delia wouldn't fit a lance because lances are too straight-forward while Delia is a dancer/acrobat.

Delia would Fit a lance Very well due to these facts

1. Knight Royalty: Delia is Royalty and built up to be the generic battle princess weapons generally used by Royalty in most fantasy instances are Lances or Rapiers

2. Gigantic Relationship: She canonically spent a long time with the Giants even eventually with Karok after she joined the crimson blades In Mabinogi lore a Giants "Ultimate weapon" is the Lance and given her relationship with Giants as well as her status as a Royal Knight and princess it's very likely from a character standard to use such a weapon

3. The idea for a lancer character has been floating around for awhile so it kind of hypes itself up a bit even before she gets released

That is why i believe Delia's second weapon will be a lance
    However i honestly would prefer barehanded Martial Arts which also has a chance due to her relationship with Giants and would be nice to dropkick then full mount an enemy for an ult
  • ZaeadrasZaeadras
    Axxon wrote: »

actually there was a game I played before with a similar type of character, Lunia: Record of Lunia War, and there was a character named dacy. You can google the game and the character, but the game was closed.

Talking about the specific character dacy. she was a loli like a little children, but her primary weapon was dolls, her main weapon would be a stuff animal of some sort, and her skills involved summoning bigger stuff animals to attack, or run things overs, so maybe kinda similar to your necromancer ? :o instead of controlling puppets, she controlled her stuff animals. seems interesting to see this implemented in vindictus. :)

Awww Lunia Closed down i was an Asuka main back in the day was a really fun game with a decent story

• ReziRezi
    Zaeadras wrote: »
    Awww Lunia Closed down i was an Asuka main back in the day was a really fun game with a decent story

I was an Iris, and I also used Twin Blades in S4, so Vella was an easy choice when she came out in Vindi, though I'm rolling a Delia this time instead.
  • ZaeadrasZaeadras

I was an Iris, and I also used Twin Blades in S4, so Vella was an easy choice when she came out in Vindi, though I'm rolling a Delia this time instead.

I also thought Vella was a good choice for me at first but the cross cut face tank glitch really really bothered me
    I eventually switched to Delia but i plan to give Miri a look see as the lack of special abilities on Delia kind of bores me a bit
    she only truely had 1 ability that you can offhandedly use as everything else are just stuff that you can do basically other than stripping which hurts you way more than helps you unless you do it at the end
  • PuppymanPuppyman
    Vindictus Rep: 3,055
    If there's one thing Skyforge did right, it was classes, but the P2W model of character development killed it. Still, Cryomancer, Slayer, and Witch... I've never had so much fun.

But Vindi is more in-your-face and for that reason their classes don't have the same feel, including Necromancer.

Gah I miss popping my own curses as warlock
    Was a fun game in the experience towards end-game, then end game hits and it goes downhill.......... and then Ascension happened...
  • ReziRezi
    This reply was sitting tabbed all day and I never posted. gg me

1. Knight Royalty: Delia is Royalty and built up to be the generic battle princess weapons generally used by Royalty in most fantasy instances are Lances or Rapiers

2. Gigantic Relationship: She canonically spent a long time with the Giants even eventually with Karok after she joined the crimson blades In Mabinogi lore a Giants "Ultimate weapon" is the Lance and given her relationship with Giants as well as her status as a Royal Knight and princess it's very likely from a character standard to use such a weapon

3. The idea for a lancer character has been floating around for awhile so it kind of hypes itself up a bit even before she gets released

1. No, she isn't. The whole point of her wielding a greatsword was that she wouldn't be a typical member of royalty.

2. The Giants in Mabinogi are not the Giants in Vindictus, and even if they were Giants don't have lance as an ultimate weapon; the Mabi lore states directly that lance combat comes from jousting which is a human creation. Giants' ultimate weapon is the three-handed sword.

3. It hasn't been floating around at all, as lances are impractical in Vindi, as even in Mabinogi it was the slowest weapon. You want a weapon even slower than greatswords and pillars?
  • ZaeadrasZaeadras
    This reply was sitting tabbed all day and I never posted. gg me

1. No, she isn't. The whole point of her wielding a greatsword was that she wouldn't be a typical member of royalty.

2. The Giants in Mabinogi are not the Giants in Vindictus, and even if they were Giants don't have lance as an ultimate weapon; the Mabi lore states directly that lance combat comes from jousting which is a human creation. Giants' ultimate weapon is the three-handed sword.

3. It hasn't been floating around at all, as lances are impractical in Vindi, as even in Mabinogi it was the slowest weapon. You want a weapon even slower than greatswords and pillars?

1: She actually is... and the fact that she's wielding a greatsword to try to be less like royalty only enforces that her second weapon would likely have a more "close to home" style while still retaining the influence from giant culture

2. The giants in Vindictus are based on the Giants in Mabinogi even if they aren't literally the same they share very similar bits of information Karoks original weapon was going to be a 2handed hammer the lance was actually advertised as "The power of Giants" in Mabinogi so....

3. if you don't think the idea has been floating around you are actually blind or just don't want to accept it, it was stated in this very thread even
    Also if you read my post to the end you'd know that I'd prefer Martial arts it's just that a Lance is the most likely weapon for her unless they wanna pull the duel guns thing from mabi lore but i REALLY don't want that
  • InnoyInnoy
    Vindictus Rep: 810
    Nobody wants her have a lance, that would be boring. :'(
  • dazedgumballdazedgumball
    Vindictus Rep: 7,725
    Delia wouldn't fit a lance because lances are too straight-forward while Delia is a dancer/acrobat.

Delia would Fit a lance Very well due to these facts

That is why i believe Delia's second weapon will be a lance
    However i honestly would prefer barehanded Martial Arts which also has a chance due to her relationship with Giants and would be nice to dropkick then full mount an enemy for an ult

Delia x Karok.
    Zaeadras