[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
Closed

Scripting~Other shady things on the marketplace

Comments

• PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Shame it's gotten this bad. Items used to get sniped trying to do this if by accident you clicked search right before it was posted and in trying to search again right after you got a server delay, but this is clearly not players watching the market. Vindi's pop is not exactly stellar at the moment, and the odds of people watching so many items at once and being able to get them instantly is beyond ridiculous to believe.

This has been a constant issue in BDO, so why people find it so hard to fathom I don't know.
    Rezi
  • ElyrElyr
    Vindictus Rep: 2,430
    Personally, I do believe there's a bot, though I have no idea how it works. I passed a few items just a few minutes ago, mostly worthless things. Out of ~15 listings, only 2 have been sniped (a 500 AP Capsule and a Divine Blessings Package), and in both cases the speed it was done was impossible to be done by chance (I'm using two laptops, one next to each other and it takes me less than 0.5 seconds to list on one, refresh and buy on the other). Notably, I listed 2 AP Capsules, and only one of them has been sniped, I even waited ~2 seconds after receiving an error from pressing Purchase All ("Your selected quantity exceeds the available number on market" or something like that) and the second one was still available. What's more, I later listed a Premium Weapon Fusion Rune, and I was able to move it successfully.

Overall, I have no idea how this kind of botting works, everything was listed for 1 Gold, and the most expensive item was moved flawlessly. Heck, I can't even understand what would a botter gain from this, since whatever he buys can't be sold later.
  • SamalenkoSamalenko
    Vindictus Rep: 1,475
    IKR I had this discussion in guild chat too. This is just abnormal as I am sitting in front of 2 computers and I won't be able to find my own items
  • JynXiJynXi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,025
    If you didnt exploit the event, there would be way less to trade, and way less chance for some 'bot' :x
  • DrachusDrachus
    Vindictus Rep: 1,880
    edited September 4, 2017
    It's quite possible that someone is running a script for it to auto purchase these low-value NX items. But you guys know that it's kinda easy to by-pass this? I mean putting an item for 1kk (it's not hard to get that amount of money) you are kinda protected from this "bot". Plus, some of these things weren't even done by bots, hell, my friend got all the avatar sets for 1 gold just cause he ninja bought them from MP. So basically just put it for a higher price, sure you might lose some money while transfering, but at least you'll get your items.
    I get it that the purpose of this thread was to point out the fact that there are indeed botters, but I'm not sure what some people were thinking transfering items while everyone has their eyes on MP and then being surprised that they didn't get the item. I myself actually had massive lags while refreshing the marketplace and my item would pop up on my friend's screen while it wouldn't pop up on mine.
    JynXi wrote: »
    If you didnt exploit the event, there would be way less to trade, and way less chance for some 'bot' :x
    Like exploiting events wasn't a thing before D: But yea this did **** up the MP quite a bit just like those old fishing events.
  • RhapsodyOfFireRhapsodyOfFire
    Vindictus Rep: 5,375
    edited September 4, 2017
    Elyr wrote: »
    Overall, I have no idea how this kind of botting works, everything was listed for 1 Gold, and the most expensive item was moved flawlessly. Heck, I can't even understand what would a botter gain from this, since whatever he buys can't be sold later.

It's not so difficult to set up a proxy (a LAN proxy or a programmable router) and forge some packets with it for automation. If there's no spam protection on the server the rate limit is the sky.

That's called hardcore MMO'ing. We've all done similar things i guess. But most people are just like that, they collect as much as they can even if they don't need it.
  • ReziRezi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,585
    edited September 5, 2017
    What are VM's ?

VM means Virtual Machine. It's basically an emulator you use to run a different OS inside your own, like those Android emulators people use to play GPlay games.

I've never used them, but I know plenty of people do on plenty of MMOs just so they can run multiple instances of the same game at the same time (though with different accounts).
  • ReziRezi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,585
    Elyr wrote: »
    Read slightly above and you'll understand why that was bait

You obviously don't understand what the word "bait" means. The word "bait" is used to refer to a tactic that is used to catch someone in a trap. There's no trap, only some idiot feigning ignorance and failing at it because now they can't feign it anymore since someone just wrote an essay on the subject.
This discussion has been closed.