[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
Closed

Scripting~Other shady things on the marketplace

RobertLiviaRobertLivia
Vindictus Rep: 2,905
edited September 2, 2017 in General Discussion
So yeah like the title says, I noticed this alot today and decided to test it, as soon as you place an airtight item on the market place for a cheap price and this can vary anywhere between 1 gold to 10k it gets sold instantly. I even used my laptop and placed an airtight item on the mp to test, listed it for 500gold and I couldnt buy it from my main pc which was at hands reach, literary just placed the item and used my other hand to purchase it. ''This item has already been sold out'' And only with airtight items if I placed dye ampoule or something else it wouldnt sell instantly.

I find this to break some rules of the game. Using a script to purchase certain items on the marketplace in a non-human way. Gaining unfair advantage over others.

Maybe some GM'S care to investigate this issue. I will fill in some tickets aswell.

I noticed these things happening in the Europe Server. Feel free to share your experiences from all the other servers concurring on this mad day.

Comments

• PhoebeHalliwelPhoebeHalliwel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,720
    I don't believe it's a script.
    Advanced search.. select category.. select max price.. spam search be quick at purchasing and that's it, i guess? I also don't think it breaks any rule x)
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    edited September 2, 2017
    I have no clue if it happens, but seeing as there are already folks that bot, there is no doubt that they would be willing to do this too. (The assumption would be anything airtight below ??? amount can easily be sold for ??? amount more.)

Course right now folks like me are just watching the market to pick up cheap things since we know they will go back up in price fairly quick.

*/ edit/* -> Thinking more on it. It wouldn't really make sense for a bot to auto-buy this stuff. Most of the cheap stuff is just stuff you would use up. IE only premium runes etc are things that you can still sell services for, etc.
  • RobertLiviaRobertLivia
    edited September 2, 2017
    Oh really, what if I show you that after I list the item it doesnt even show up as listed? It just disappears. No one can buy it because it wont show up.

Video up in 2 minutes.

Video up.

Here you can see, the airtight merc potion that I decided to sell, wont even get on the list because its instantly sold.

It even shows up in my listed items after it gets sold thats how fast it sells. You can see that clearly at the last part.

I can make a video also showing that if I list a non airtight item for the same low prices, it wont sell that fast. In that bot-like fashion. But you can test this out yourself at least on EU server.
  • YoukridYoukrid
    Vindictus Rep: 1,100
    edited September 2, 2017
    Hey I think a similar thing happened to me. Last week I tried listing a white avatar dye 230 for 1 gold for a friend and they told me they didn't get it but I got paid but I think the white avatar dye came back to me and now I can't sell it again cause it's can only be traded through shared storage. This all happened instantly. What gives?
  • misakamisakamisakamisaka
    Vindictus Rep: 1,685
    Careful with listing your airtight items right now. Since people made new accounts in hopes of getting better things from the free 10 boxes, there's also those that are sitting at the mp hoping to snipe your items. Just sayin.
  • ikeviikevi
    Oh really, what if I show you that after I list the item it doesnt even show up as listed? It just disappears. No one can buy it because it wont show up.

And you get your 1 gold back right away? That honestly almost seems like the market place is glitching.
  • RobertLiviaRobertLivia
    ikevi wrote: »
    And you get your 1 gold back right away? That honestly almost seems like the market place is glitching.

I don't get anything, haven't you watched the video, the item I list is sold as soon as I press *LIST* It doesn't show up if I quickly search for it right after I pressed list.

• TamagoTamago
    Vindictus Rep: 5,460
    People could just be camping MP for cheap items with their search filters.
  • MisterWhiskersMisterWhiskers
    Vindictus Rep: 2,615
    i scan marketplace all the time for cheap cash items after this giveaway;I'm sure a lot of people do the same,no wonder they get sold instantly
  • ikeviikevi
    edited September 3, 2017

I don't get anything, haven't you watched the video, the item I list is sold as soon as I press *LIST* It doesn't show up if I quickly search for it right after I pressed list.

I didn't see you actually walk away from the board/let the mailbox update. I just saw you flip between things on the board, which doesn't cause your mail to refresh.

Looking at it again, I see your mailbox got something new at the end after you walked away... Is it the gold/confirmation of sales, or was that something else? (You never opened it during the vid.)

Basically if you aren't getting your gold, then I would say it is a bug and you should file a ticket.

If you on the other hand are getting your gold/confirmations of item selling e-mail. Then something is actually buying it. (What/how that fast I have no clue.)
  • X1Guts1XX1Guts1X
    Vindictus Rep: 1,795
    I made 1000 accounts today and now have over 100billion in Airtight goods to sell. I'm set for life. Thank you nexon.
  • LeucosieLeucosie
    Vindictus Rep: 2,105
    You miss the point guys. The item gets sold too quickly to be bought by a human. You really need to try it yourself. If you list an airtight item for a REALLY low value ( like 1 gold to idk what amount maybe 10k ? ) it gets sold instanteneously. Walk away from the mp as soon as you list it and you will receive your 1 gold. But if you list that item for like 100k even though it's worth 2kk/3kk+ it will take several seconds to be sold. Bots are probably being programmed to buy "airtight" items with a really low gold value because boters know people transfer their items this way.
    AibouReziSamalenko
  • Over9000Over9000
    Vindictus Rep: 400
    edited September 3, 2017
    Uh why would bots want to buy airtight stuff that won't have any value to them? It's not like they can resell it. Bots farm for items to sell for gold, and in turn sell that gold to players..

I know plenty of people stalking the MP and buying up 1g items quickly, it's not that hard..
  • LeucosieLeucosie
    Vindictus Rep: 2,105
    Over9000 wrote: »
    Uh why would bots want to buy airtight stuff that won't have any value to them? It's not like they can resell it. Bots farm for items to sell for gold, and in turn sell that gold to players..

I know plenty of people stalking the MP and buying up 1g items quickly, it's not that hard..

People doing this to get free items/avatars on a character they play I guess
  • AhitaeAhitae
    Vindictus Rep: 200
    There are two types of Airtight Merc Pots:
    ~ the one containing 30 Mercs
    0cc0657bc10b0a80c0d3b089c3d87d58.png
    ~ the one containing 50 Mercs
    64b1ab1ecd41eed9546a4870f9d6ec52.png

You are posting the x50 one, which results in it being posted after ALL the x30. It would never show up as first.
    I had the same issue yesterday, but your video proves next to nothing.
  • ErinieIErinieI
    Vindictus Rep: 2,380
    I know where OP is getting at.

Last night a friend of mine wanted to give me Makeup for free (1 gold) but we never managed because it just happened to be sold within 1 second of listing it (we were in voice chat and neither of us was lagging(I even spammed the search button)).

Happened to lots of friends and people I talked to.

So yeah, my advice: Patience.
    Rezi
  • AibouAibou
    Vindictus Rep: 835
    Same thing happened to me yesterday. My boyfriend listed a 5000 ap capsule for 10gold on mp, as soon as he registered it I refreshed in under 1 second (with searching for that item so i can instantly buy) and srsly "item has already been sold out". I mean WHAT, just HOW? Nobody could have seen that capsule before me, that's just impossible, still gone. There's some strange **** going on.
    Just make to items tradeable through mailbox or guild storage, nexon, for god's sake, cause this is ridiculous.
    Rezi
  • RobertLiviaRobertLivia
    edited September 3, 2017
    Basically if you aren't getting your gold, then I would say it is a bug and you should file a ticket.

If you on the other hand are getting your gold/confirmations of item selling e-mail. Then something is actually buying it. (What/how that fast I have no clue.)

I am getting the gold, the marketplace just isnt updating fast enough, at the end of the video you can see 3 mails, those are the merc pots sales.

Aibou wrote: »
    Same thing happened to me yesterday. My boyfriend listed a 5000 ap capsule for 10gold on mp, as soon as he registered it I refreshed in under 1 second (with searching for that item so i can instantly buy) and srsly "item has already been sold out". I mean WHAT, just HOW? Nobody could have seen that capsule before me, that's just impossible, still gone. There's some strange **** going on.
    Just make to items tradeable through mailbox or guild storage, nexon, for god's sake, cause this is ridiculous.

Yes I agree the airtight items should be tradeable via COD. This way you can sell them or trade them to a friend in a safe manner.

And as I've said in the first post, I used my laptop next to my pc to test it, I've synced to the second between the two, I list the item from the laptop and as soon as I press list I refresh with the pc and try to buy the cheap item but it doesn't even show up in that 1-2 second timeframe and even if it does show up and I press ''buy'' quickly the item has already been sold out. There's no possible way for someone to know the exact time I list the item on mp besides myself. I'm literally 1 click away of buying it.

• PurePure
    Vindictus Rep: 1,175
    Maybe try to put them on the marketplace for a high price and then just give the money back to your friends somehow?
  • RobertLiviaRobertLivia
    Pure wrote: »
    Maybe try to put them on the marketplace for a high price and then just give the money back to your friends somehow?

Well yeah, thats the only safe way to trade airtight items to a friend right now, but still you are losing gold in the marketplace fees.
This discussion has been closed.