[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Vindictus Migration Schedule Update

[Deleted User][Deleted User]
Vindictus Rep: 6,750
edited November 7, 2016 in News Archive
Dear Mercenaries,

A few weeks ago, we announced that the Nexon Europe Vindictus service would soon be migrating to the Nexon Global Platform launcher managed by Nexon America. We also announced that the migration process had been delayed from our original date of September 28th. While we don’t have a new date to share with you, we would like you to know that we are planning to complete the migration within February 2017. Please bear with us as we iron out all the issues to ensure you have a smooth experience during the migration.

What does the migration mean for you? It means that once the migration has occurred, new European servers will be available to you when you log in to the game. This will allow you to create characters to play with your European friends if you wish to do so.

For more details about the migration, click here to go to our FAQ page about the migration.

We hope to see all of you in 2017 on the new and improved Vindictus service!

-The Vindictus Team

Comments

• 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Vindictus Rep: 5,590
    edited November 7, 2016
    Wait actual new European servers or using the same ones they have always used? ㅇㅅㅇ
  • TamagoTamago
    Vindictus Rep: 5,460
    East/ West merge when?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    Vindictus Rep: 6,750
    탱크블레이드

Wait actual new European servers or using the same ones they have always used? ㅇㅅㅇ
    It won't be the same European server that they have been using.
    Mainichi said:

East/ West merge when?
    We do understand we need a NA server merge. Our focus first on the NA/EU merge.
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Saygo said:

탱크블레이드

Mainichi said:

East/ West merge when?
    Oh very nice. I do hope an East and West Server Merge does hit for you all. Thinking about it I would imagine it will help with Hardware resources on the servers with one less server running on the machine.
  • GewelliriousGewellirious
    Vindictus Rep: 2,945
    edited November 7, 2016
    What does that mean "It won't be the same European server that they have been using." ? I feel like expecting a terrible answer for us Europeans.
    Unless our servers just move to another EU place. I think servers are currently in Berlin, or Luxembourg. (or used to be* on Luxembourg)
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    I hope more powerful servers so Multi-Process will work for you guys. Multi-Process itself is fine but due to server performance it prevents Multi-Process from working 50% or more for some of the players. Then again that could also be the network performance as well. No way for us to tell. Only Nexon will have the answer there xD
  • TannakraTannakra
    Vindictus Rep: 1,325
    Saygo said:

탱크블레이드

ummm ok we were informed that we were keeping our server just where it was so which person decided to cook up that pack of lies?
    Yukania
  • EdaymEdaym
    Vindictus Rep: 1,085
    Better be a STRAIGHT answer to that question
  • LevianteLeviante
    Vindictus Rep: 720
    edited November 8, 2016
    What a merge.
  • DaPlayaDaPlaya
    Vindictus Rep: 885
    edited November 8, 2016
    Saygo said:

탱크블레이드

Mainichi said:

East/ West merge when?

I only care about this comment : "We do understand we need a NA server merge." :)
    BloodAngel
  • EdaymEdaym
    Vindictus Rep: 1,085
    DaPlaya
    DaPlaya said:

Saygo said:

탱크블레이드

Mainichi said:

East/ West merge when?

I only care about this comment : "We do understand we need a NA server merge." :)
    Get some standards pleb
  • KuraiHotaruKuraiHotaru
    Vindictus Rep: 1,435
    Could someone elaborate on the "new european server" ( is the hosting moved from EU to NA? ) if so that would mean every european would have 100-500ms... I've got a terrible feeling about this merge

sincerely an european player.
    DrachusTannakraDesireOfMineAndromedaGM
  • DrachusDrachus
    Vindictus Rep: 1,880
    edited November 8, 2016
    KuraiHotaru

if so that would mean every european would have 100-500ms... I've got a terrible feeling about this merge

sincerely an european player.
    Exactly what i'm wondering. One of the main reasons why we wanted the merge in the first place was because of Premiere (Therefore - Responsiveness and good luck having that with 200+ms)

• DesireOfMineDesireOfMine
    Vindictus Rep: 1,650
    edited November 8, 2016
    Saygo said:

@Saygo we need clarification according to this as soon as possible. Do you mean that we will have different servers but still in Europe (and if yes - where exactly?)? Or that our server will be moved to NA?
    What's the reason of moving the server? NXKaas told us few months ago that we will keep our current servers...

Just a side note, if you're planning to move our servers to NA = EU RIP.
    1. Removed TIRs/NX selling
    2. 200+ ping for EU players + a lot of dc's, bugs (due to distance - not only ping will get bad, but also the latency... more server hubs to go through = more data corruption)
    ^If that's your plan, then you're basically killing our community. It's a recipe for 'doomsday'.

I really hope that you're not planning to move our servers to NA, and if you do - better change your mind, because it ain't gonna work.
    If our servers would be moved to NA, i can officially state that i will stop playing this game completely (same as 99% of our playerbase).
    AndromedaGM
    DesireOfMine

I really hope that you're not planning to move our servers to NA, and if you do - better change your mind, because it ain't gonna work.
    If our servers would be moved to NA, i can officially state that i will stop playing this game completely (same as 99% of our playerbase).
    There will always be players playing the game from EU no matter what, but yeah you can expect a LARGE decrease of the EU playerbase if that happens. (in short, prolly higher than AUS but that's it)
    AndromedaGM
    edited November 8, 2016
    Gewellirious

There will always be players playing the game from EU no matter what, but yeah you can expect a LARGE decrease of the EU playerbase if that happens. (in short, prolly higher than AUS but that's it)
    If they move servers to NA, EU will be the new AUS... they can say byebye to profits, and we can say byebye to game.
    DesireOfMine

If they move servers to NA, EU will be the new AUS... they can say byebye to profits, and we can say byebye to game.
    AndromedaGMArellaRoth
  • QuinqueQuinque
    Vindictus Rep: 1,805
    Merge EU with AUS, West with East. Open up the servers to South America.
    AndromedaGMAnthonytonyboydaws360
    edited November 8, 2016
    Quinque
    Quinque said:

Merge EU with AUS, West with East. Open up the servers to South America.
    ...and then drop a fu*kin nuke on all of it.

DrachusAndromedaGMDelterosdaws360
  • havoc23havoc23
    Vindictus Rep: 1,410
    hope they make some moves quick cuz i been trying to get back into this game but i cant find a boat to save my life, once you get to level 60 its like a ghost town