[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Nexon Launcher wont start

AreeeshaAreeesha
Vindictus Rep: 215
in Tech Support
I cannot start the Nexon Launcher, I have tried running as administrator, uninstalling & reinstalling after restart, cleaning registry, deleting the patch data and updating again and running with antivirus disabled. Nothing seems to work, I get no process in the tray or the task manager. The only thing that I can get, which only happens after a reinstall is the "Installing Nexon Launcher..." pop up, but after that and any time after I try to start it, i get nothing but a few seconds of the mouse loading icon.

Can someone please help?

Comments

• AreeeshaAreeesha
    So I've watched the processes tab as I start it, it seems to run nexon_launcher, then it gets to nexon_runtime and it stops.
    I've checked the nexon_runtime log and I have an error.
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "<string>", line 2, in <module>
      File "modules\m_loader.py", line 30, in <module>
      File "C:\Python34\Lib\logging\handlers.py", line 26, in <module>
        import errno, logging, socket, os, pickle, struct, time, re
      File "C:\Python34\Lib\socket.py", line 49, in <module>

ImportError: DLL load failed: %1 is not a valid Win32 application.
    Exception in thread Thread-1:
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "C:\Python34\Lib\threading.py", line 911, in _bootstrap_inner
        with _active_limbo_lock:
      File "C:\Python34\Lib\threading.py", line 859, in run
        """Method representing the thread's activity.
      File "<string>", line 3, in __run_modules
    NameError: name '__module_loader' is not defined

Kendorr
  • AreeeshaAreeesha
    For some reason I guess it was being forced to use that version of python rather than the one it needed, I've removed it from that location and the launcher now works fine.

Please lock/delete this post.
    Rezi
  • anderzejn131anderzejn131
    Vindictus Rep: 985
    Do not delete this. It's a shame you had to resolve the issue yourself without anyone else help. Info about nexonruntime.log could be helpfull i guess but i have no head for this kind of buisness, but i guess i am one step closer to actually beeing able to do anything.
    Rezi
  • KendorrKendorr
    Vindictus Rep: 300
    The first time i just moved "pyside-python3.4.dll" and "shiboken-python3.4.dll" from "vindictus\Nexon Launcher\bin\lib\PySide" and it worked.
    However now i encountered the same problem without that working, so i can't run the game again...
  • KendorrKendorr
    Vindictus Rep: 300
    oh, i forgot to say that i tried to run it, nothing happened, then returned those two files and ran it again and then it worked. Now it doesn't.
  • anderzejn131anderzejn131
    Vindictus Rep: 985
    Funny how game developers don't care about game not even working...