[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Why does this game make it so hard to yolo aWeapon

ZaeadrasZaeadras
Vindictus Rep: 765
in General Discussion
I got bored today and decided I'm gonna just yolo my Fiona's weapon as i don't really play her often and wanted to pop out the parts in her weapon to make a new weapon

so i upgraded my Regina hammer to +10 with no fails...

and couldn't upgrade it anymore so i decided pop in a new Regina feather as i wasn't gonna be able to do anything else with it might as well upgrade it to a better hammer
"oh... it needs like 8mil in materials to switch out i'll just spend 3 mil on mats and farm those orbs up"

-6 hours later- "ugh that took way to long" well at least now i can pop in the new feather

which made all the upgrades go away... "that's fine it said it would sure whatever"

Gotta upgrade my weapon before i yolo it ...

-6 enhance runes and a Guaranteed Fergus coupon later- "wait Wha-?!"

time to yolo you're weapon as the feather says it goes up to +20
"you said you ar-"
I KNOW WHAT I SAID

"okay lets do this then"
First upgrade ............
"umm?"
......... Success!
"oh neat now if i fail my weapon will become a +10 lets go again!"
Second Upgrade......................................
"can you just tell me if i succeed or fail!"
............... ................................
"come onnnnn"
.??????????? SUCCESS!!!!
"awesome this is the furthest I've ever upgraded a gear in my 7 odd years of vinductus!"
"okay time to upgrade again"
you can't HAha
"errr why?"
Because everything needs to be orange
"but the feather..."
THE FEATHERS NOT IMPORTANT
"but it says-"
..............Shut up and bow before RNGESUS!
"but that doesn't make any sense the feather-"
RNGESUS!
"that has nothing to do with RNG"
Yes it does now get out of my server
"but-"
Disconnected...

so that was my day...what the heck

i question everything
why does it cost so much to replace
why does it require orange to +20 yet says otherwise on the feather
why does the game make getting orbs a hassle
why does the whole composite system require so many mats
why is this such a pain

Should i just sell the +12 hammer...?
Rezi
  1. Explain.15 votes
    1. No.
       13% (2 votes)
    2. .oN
       87% (13 votes)

Comments

• hornywatermelonhornywatermelon
    Vindictus Rep: 3,985
    I like cheese. Especially cheddar because it's salty but the taste isn't so intense so you can savor it to your buds content.
    This message has been sponsored by SaucyBanana™. Please call our customer service if you would like to be smashed again with random informations in your threads.
    PS Fomors are a lie. Ferghus is secrectly cooperating with Cat from the Inn to overthrow Morrighan. You didn't hear it from me.
    shialabeouf.jpg
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Your weapon has to be fully orange because DevCat wants you to suffer. You have to risk losing the investment of all those shards rather than just the main essence, which in turn makes you more likely to buy the guaranteed runes that are being sold in most regions, or to farm your soul out to get seals to trade in for the special protection rune in the shop. That's the theory anyway, but lots of people have just run away and never looked back.

All of this is based on the decision of one person with no preemptive feedback from players before it was fully implemented, so it's not surprising that it's not something most are fond of.
    ReziTetsujinZaeadrasNemesisNSPixelPantsuWilko
  • ReziRezi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,585
    edited August 28, 2017
    All of this is based on the decision of one person with no preemptive feedback from players before it was fully implemented, so it's not surprising that it's not something most are fond of.

Let's just replace the director with a voting system for each region, and a region only gets an update if it wants it. Problem solved.

PS Fomors are a lie. Ferghus is secrectly cooperating with Cat from the Inn to overthrow Morrighan. You didn't hear it from me.

Ferghus just wants to be King of Ulster again.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    @Rezi For a while there they were actually smart about letting regions do their own things, which is how we got the seal shop, but there are sadly too many changes for separate versions to continue to exist. That's one reason why they should have been tested by players and feedback implemented beforehand, but again, it was one person pushing all of this, and he had the clout to do so.
  • jktorres28jktorres28
    Vindictus Rep: 420
    The reason why is because Nexon wants you to dump as much money as possible to them...just saying.
  • PowManPowMan
    Vindictus Rep: 405
    Just wait for +13, +14 and +15 runes brah. Log on to afk for events.

The beauty of playing a gearladder MMO is as the time goes on, everything will be cheaper and will be easier to make. So just don't get trapped into this whole 'I have to make +15 today or I'm bust' kind of mentality.
  • ReziRezi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,585
    jktorres28 wrote: »
    The reason why is because Nexon wants you to dump as much money as possible to them...just saying.

This isn't even Nexon's fault this time around. It's DevCat's director's fault. That's how far we've fallen.
    Zaeadras