[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

How do I disable auto-equip?

ReziRezi
Vindictus Rep: 2,585
edited August 23, 2017 in General Discussion
The only way to play Vindi anymore is to do it without equipment (beyond basic weapon), which is what I've been doing, but the game keeps on forcing equipment onto my character and I can't figure out how to disable that. Help?

Comments

• DrusaDrusa
    Vindictus Rep: 2,100
    Oh yeah, this reminded me to check every persons equipment that joins via QB.

Every now and then someone with just a weapon pop and some terrible gear pops in just to save repair costs and leech to the max.

Thanks.
    Leucosiehornywatermelon
  • ReziRezi
    Um... Okay?

So how do I disable auto-equip?
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    From what i see you don't.

Only real work around are have your inventory full so nothing new can equip. It doesn't equip items till you go to town, so quick replay seems to prevent armor from equipping till the last run is done.
    Rezi
  • EffectEffect
    Vindictus Rep: 1,040
    Just spend the two seconds it takes to unequip it.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    You could just leave some super low level armor equipped, it will do next to nothing.
  • ReziRezi
    I know, but I was hoping for a setting in-game or possibly a file I could edit in notepad with extra settings somewhere.
  • hornywatermelonhornywatermelon
    Vindictus Rep: 3,985
    Drusa wrote: »
    Oh yeah, this reminded me to check every persons equipment that joins via QB.

Every now and then someone with just a weapon pop and some terrible gear pops in just to save repair costs and leech to the max.

Thanks.

Sooo much this.
  • X1Guts1XX1Guts1X
    Vindictus Rep: 1,795
    Repair costs are SO much cheaper now, especially if you use free durability potions,
  • ReziRezi
    Repair costs have nothing to do with it. I've beaten Season 1 Episode 2 all the way through nude with basic sword. That's the only way to play the game legitimately anymore.
  • Weiss_OswaldWeiss_Oswald
    Vindictus Rep: 1,475
    You can't disable the auto equip of gear. It's a server side function, once you get something delivered to your inventory in town, and you have no equiped gear on the slot, and the gear is compatible with you, it gets automaticaly equiped, there is no function to tick on the option or some magical file in vindictus file you can edit on notepad to disable it.
    One quick way of not allowing this to happen is not to level armor proficiency skill.

Hope that's helpful somehow.
    Rezi