[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Thinking of returning

BloodySmileBloodySmile
Vindictus Rep: 545
edited August 25, 2017 in General Discussion
Hellooo!

I am thinking of returning. Problem is I am from blocked country and would need to play threw vpn...
And I bet there aren't many players left so I will probably will have to host my own party's and it is not fun to play alone...
I upgraded my old laptop to a newer one and my crap internet which used to give me lags even in other peoples party where noone else lagged but me...

Laptop specs:
uWjjIkT.jpg
Speedtest by default:
he31cUg.jpg
Speedtest to Frankfurts host:
uI9c0Vb.jpg

Is it enough for these days to host at least 4 players party or need PC version of these parts to host good?
Or because of vpn it will be problem even with upgrade to PC version?

Also I would be playing with fresh mercenary. Probably Delia so maybe there would be a guild with at least few players active that would take me in their "family"?

Comments

• SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    And I bet there aren't many players left so I will probably will have to host my own party's and it is not fun to play alone...
    Depends on server/region, and I can't speak for anything else than Europe, which has decent population.

Laptop specs:
    uWjjIkT.jpg
    Vindictus doesn't really make use of multi-core, so the more power per single core the better. Rest of hardware pieces aren't really significant.

Speedtest by default:
    he31cUg.jpg
    Speedtest to Frankfurts host:
    uI9c0Vb.jpg

Is it enough for these days to host at least 4 players party
    Seriously? I host 4-man raids & dungeons with just 2 Mbps upload. Might need some more for Sea of Reflection / Neamhain (8 man) redeemers raid - people with 10 Mbps upload have no issues, for lower I don't know. That being said You are more than secure about it, unless the connection is unstable (packets losts etc.)

Also I would be playing with fresh mercenary. Probably Delia so maybe there would be a guild with at least few players active that would take me in their "family"?
    Depends on your server/region. For that, seek out specific subforums or communities.