[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
Closed

What happens if you give lsd to your graphics card

erickhendrixerickhendrix
Vindictus Rep: 930
in General Discussion

how it happened:

I turned off ui to have smooth run on nem and dont die like a dum dum in gates, 4 bar cutscene started, I tried to make the ui appear again multiple times mid cutscene to no succes , when it ended BAM lsd trip , also I was able to watch the cutscene of the end, BUT as soon as it ended the game was back to trippy town

Comments

• erickhendrixerickhendrix
    update to this" had to re start the game because now in town stuff look's the same
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Happens sometimes, that's Vindi for ya.
  • JamesGrossJamesGross
    Vindictus Rep: 2,600
    That's just your video graphic driver glitch, it has nothing to do with the game, if it is the game, how come I never see it? Stop trying to spread your salt over this because you don't have a good graphics card.
    RyanReynoldsPlakster
  • erickhendrixerickhendrix
    XD wth dude "my salt" sharing and tellin gppl how a bug happened is HELPING now my shitty gtx 960 and my older hd770 graphics cards, BOTH had this issue If youa re just goingn to be toxic better dont talk at all , also vindi uses more the cpu than the gpu, when I play my cpu is used up to 50% and the gpu always under 15%...so yeah
  • MonohaMonoha
    Vindictus Rep: 1,485
    JamesGross wrote: »
    That's just your video graphic driver glitch, it has nothing to do with the game, if it is the game, how come I never see it? Stop trying to spread your salt over this because you don't have a good graphics card.

It's a render bug that's been happening since Thor days, not a video graphic driver glitch. You can still see the glitch as well in the sewers.
    PixelPantsu
  • RhapsodyOfFireRhapsodyOfFire
    Vindictus Rep: 5,375
    edited August 22, 2017
    JamesGross wrote: »

It can be caused by a failing gpu chip or a failing graphic memory chip, you are right, but it can also be caused by bugged shaders. Shaders are run by the gpu, not the cpu, and they can contain gpu-specific code parts. Probably that's why Nvidia cards also have much brighter transparent textures/effects in this game not because AMD cards are not capable of it.

I prefer whiners than people who don't know anything about a certain thing still they feel the need to comment on it.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Once again JamesGross running his mouth then getting put in his place. How about you keep the salt out of the thread? Vindi is the only game I ever have graphical errors on, because it's poorly cobbled together and has never been properly cleaned up.
  • EffectEffect
    Vindictus Rep: 1,040
    Like others have said, Vindictus isn't optimized very well and in return you get the glitches and game crashes. Personally, my most common enemy is the system freeze up that happens randomly when going from the desktop back to the game.
  • EbonwingsEbonwings
    Vindictus Rep: 1,790
    Guys.

Stahp.

Stahp feeding into his gimmick.
  • Arrow95Arrow95
    Vindictus Rep: 2,515
    and people wonder why forums are dead
This discussion has been closed.